• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#46 Wade M OFFLINE  

Wade M
  • Member No: 21230
  • 65 Thanks
  • 58 posts

Posted January 16, 2013 - 07:45 PM

Hank,  No I do not need a drawing.  I did find the manual Ken posted.  There is enough there for me to Fab from.  I have already maded the front plate less the angle iron guides.  I will most likely cut and tack everything up this weekend.  Need to get some metal.

• KennyP said thank you

#47 Russ OFFLINE  

Russ

• Member No: 8191
  • 131 Thanks
  • 367 posts

Posted January 16, 2013 - 08:29 PM

Oh ok,, Just trying to help if I can,,,,

• KennyP said thank you

#48 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,377 Thanks
  • 39,645 posts

Posted January 16, 2013 - 08:31 PM

Thanks for the effort, Russ! We still haven't found you that PTO, have we?

• Russ said thank you

#49 Russ OFFLINE  

Russ

• Member No: 8191
  • 131 Thanks
  • 367 posts

Posted January 16, 2013 - 08:35 PM

Did one time but was sold before I could get it,,,, Just been rough for me an not even been able to start on my 195 yet but hopein to have er done by spring

#50 DAVESTOYS OFFLINE  

DAVESTOYS

• Member No: 8437
  • 11 Thanks
  • 23 posts

Posted January 19, 2013 - 11:56 AM

Just thought this may be of interest.

I have a Jacobsen 100A 1962 Chief I'm restoring that had a lift attachment on it when I got it.  (see photos) .

I also have a 38" Jacobsen Snowauger single stage I got with another tractor(1969 chief 1000),this lift fits it. The thrower has a different lift attachment on it for the 1000 Chief. This snow blower attaches with a push bar under the tractor to the cross bar under ths frame for both tractors 

My owners manual for the 100A only list a 36" snow auger, so maybe the attachments are adapted to different models with different hangers. 

Dave               

Attached Thumbnails

• 018.JPG
  • 019.JPG
  • 100_0747.JPG
  • 100_0752.JPG

#51 chris m OFFLINE  

chris m

Tractorholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8148
  • 3,277 Thanks
  • 4,033 posts

Posted January 19, 2013 - 03:50 PM

Just thought this may be of interest.

I have a Jacobsen 100A 1962 Chief I'm restoring that had a lift attachment on it when I got it.  (see photos) .

I also have a 38" Jacobsen Snowauger single stage I got with another tractor(1969 chief 1000),this lift fits it. The thrower has a different lift attachment on it for the 1000 Chief. This snow blower attaches with a push bar under the tractor to the cross bar under ths frame for both tractors 

My owners manual for the 100A only list a 36" snow auger, so maybe the attachments are adapted to different models with different hangers. 

Dave               

That is different. I have never seen a lift like that for the Jac's or Fords. I wonder if it was home made or if it was for a front blade?

The blowers have the lift assist springs on them and with that lift I don't see how it could work. Interesting set-up though. I'll have to see if I can find any info on it. Thanks for the pictures :thumbs:

Also nice Jacobsen you got there! Good luck on the restore!

#52 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,377 Thanks
  • 39,645 posts

Posted January 19, 2013 - 07:17 PM

So now we have 3 of these, all different. Boy, they're coming out of the woodwork now. Dave, have you checked any of the files I uploaded a while back. Seems like there was something on a 38" ?

#53 HankS OFFLINE  

HankS

• Contributor
  • Member No: 7608
  • 48 Thanks
  • 107 posts

Posted January 20, 2013 - 08:35 AM

I uploaded the manual for a 38" single stage blower awhile back. It is very similar if not identical  to the one in Dave's pic. Hard to say, can't see the whole thing. Chris, those are not lift assist springs. Trust me, that blower weighs a ton and using the manual lift is a real challenge. The springs are trip springs like on a blade. The blower pivots on the lower rod shown in the pic when lifting. As you can see, springs or no springs you have to lift the entire weight of the blower.

The mount Kenny did the drawing for works with that blower.

Dave, do you have a picture of the push bar that goes under the tractor? It's not shown very clearly in the manual. I had to make one, blower didn't come with one. Just wonder how close I came to the original design.

• chris m said thank you

#54 DAVESTOYS OFFLINE  

DAVESTOYS

• 11 Thanks
  • 23 posts

Posted January 20, 2013 - 04:57 PM

Chris, This a parts pic showing the parts (#33-#38). I have several partial parts manuals, I'm not sure what this is from, it does say CHIEF SNOW AUGER at right edge.the other pic is of the blower with the mount for the Chief 1000.Best I can do right now, kind of in the corner with other projects(junk?) I haven't had this on eirher tractor, so not sure how they attach.

Hank, added a couple quick shots of the push bar.hope they help. 

Attached Thumbnails

• Scan0001.jpg
  • 100_0752.JPG
  • 100_0756.JPG
  • 100_0759.JPG

• HankS and chris m have said thanks

#55 chris m OFFLINE  

chris m

Tractorholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8148
  • 3,277 Thanks
  • 4,033 posts

Posted January 20, 2013 - 05:13 PM

Chris, This a parts pic showing the parts (#33-#38). I have several partial parts manuals, I'm not sure what this is from, it does say CHIEF SNOW AUGER at right edge.the other pic is of the blower with the mount for the Chief 1000.Best I can do right now, kind of in the corner with other projects(junk?) I haven't had this on eirher tractor, so not sure how they attach.

Hank, added a couple quick shots of the push bar.hope they help. 

Thanks! Then that lift is factory then. This is great though. For the longest time info like this was hard to find. I am glad there are getting to be more of us Older Jacobsen/ Ford guys that are willing to find and share information on these!

And I haven't bought a single stage blower yet, I just have the 2 stage for mine. So I am sure this will all help me in the future also. :D

#56 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,377 Thanks
  • 39,645 posts

Posted January 20, 2013 - 08:08 PM

I'm happy to see all the info gathering together. I haven't even seen one of the older Ford/Jakes. If I can help with manuals, drawings, or anything else, just let me know!

• chris m said thank you

#57 HankS OFFLINE  

HankS

• Contributor
  • Member No: 7608
  • 48 Thanks
  • 107 posts

Posted January 21, 2013 - 08:51 AM

Dave, it looks like you have two different mounting setups. Not sure but looks like the mounting parts painted black on your blower can be removed and replaced with the other parts you have. Refer to the pic in the parts manual, it doesn't show any of the black pieces. Thanks for the pictures of the push rod. Not sure how that one attaches but I don't believe it works with the mounting brackets on your blower. It's not long enough to reach from the blower, under the tractor and up to the cross shaft. The 38" snow blower manual I uploaded shows where it attaches, just in front of rear axle. The one I made is over 3' long and is angled to go down under the steering linkage.

Anyway, looks like you have plenty of hardware there to make it work. Just a matter of figuring out how it all goes together, good luck, thanks for the pictures.

• DAVESTOYS said thank you

#58 DAVESTOYS OFFLINE  

DAVESTOYS

• 11 Thanks
  • 23 posts

Posted February 06, 2013 - 02:26 PM

Just some additional info on front attachments.
Had extra time on my hands(single digit temp & foot of snow),so downloaded the manual from this sight,its the exact owners manual for my Jake 38"snow auger single stage Mod #59681.I pulled the attachment and found it will fit my 1000 chief. the mount from my Jake 100A will not fit the blower, to narrow,my manual lists a 36" snow auger as an extra. I don't think I will ever use this on my 1000Chief as I have modified it with dualies and wide fronts with a front mounted winch. I realized I had used the mount this whole thread is about for my winch mount. if you look at the pic of tractor the 5/8" steel plate is attached with 23/8" grade 8 steel bolts on each side of the mount, and the winch and bumper are attached to the plate.I use it mainly for pulling logs or a cart on 52 acres we have.So will probably have a blower for sale.
Also the springs are lift assist.

Attached Thumbnails

• 002 (2).jpg
  • 100_0777.JPG
  • 100_0780.JPG

#59 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,377 Thanks
  • 39,645 posts

Posted February 06, 2013 - 05:25 PM

You stole my winch! :bigrofl: I have one just like that!

#60 Randy56 OFFLINE  

Randy56
  • Member No: 27847
  • 1 Thanks
  • 6 posts

Posted February 15, 2013 - 12:04 AM

My mount is just for my snowblower and it is a lot different. Will try to get pics or at least measurements this weekend. Right now my blower is mounted so will see what I can do. Randy56
  • KennyP said thank you