Posted January 11, 2013 - 11:11 AM

Excellent Kenny, very nice job.

#32 Wade M OFFLINE  

Wade M
  • Member No: 21230
  • 65 Thanks
  • 58 posts

Posted January 11, 2013 - 07:34 PM

Thanks all.  I think I will try to find a plow before I fab 1 up. I did not get any attachments.  I figure if i go to a few vintage GT events I will find one. 

#33 chris m OFFLINE  

chris m

Tractorholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8148
  • 3,316 Thanks
  • 4,047 posts

Posted January 12, 2013 - 03:33 AM

Okay guys. Here is the finished drawing. IF anyone finds something incorrect, let me know. It's easy to change it. This shows the tabs as HankS posted last. You can use the 1/4" tube if you want, just adjust the spacing so you have it snug, yet can easily attach your blade or blower. The strap may be better, as it gives a good flat surface for the attachment to rub against.

attachicon.gifHankS.jpeg

I don't know how I missed this thread? Great job Kenny!! ( once again) :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

I hope you are going to add that to the manuals section.

#34 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 33,811 Thanks
  • 43,044 posts

Posted January 12, 2013 - 04:56 AM

Chris, I will do that, but once I am sure there are no issues with the drawing.

#35 HankS OFFLINE  

HankS

• Contributor
  • Member No: 7608
  • 48 Thanks
  • 107 posts

Posted January 12, 2013 - 08:00 AM

Thanks all.  I think I will try to find a plow before I fab 1 up. I did not get any attachments.  I figure if i go to a few vintage GT events I will find one. 

Definitely wait until you get a plow. There are 2 styles of plows that fit that tractor. One uses the mounting plate we've been discussing here. The other uses a different style mounting plate. It looks like a 2 pronged fork sticking out the front. The prongs are made of angle iron, spaced a few inches apart and cut off at an angle. I have one of those mounting plates too put no attachments that fit it.

#36 Wade M OFFLINE  

Wade M
  • Member No: 21230
  • 65 Thanks
  • 58 posts

Posted January 13, 2013 - 05:57 AM

Hank,  You were right, according to the manual section mine will be the angle iron bracket.  I purchased a plow from a wheel hourse yesterday.  The manual has the detail I need to modify it to work on my tractor. 

#37 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 33,811 Thanks
  • 43,044 posts

Posted January 13, 2013 - 06:30 AM

Do we need a drawing of this other mount?

#38 HankS OFFLINE  

HankS

• Contributor
  • 48 Thanks
  • 107 posts

Posted January 13, 2013 - 08:34 AM

Do we need a drawing of this other mount?

If someone wants a drawing we can do that. The other mount seems a lot more common though. I see them on a lot of Fords/Jacs for sale on craigslist, even if they have no attachments that use it. My son's tractor had one bolted on the front but no attachments.

#39 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 33,811 Thanks
  • 43,044 posts

Posted January 13, 2013 - 08:42 AM

Might be nice to have both mounts documented. Then it wouldn't be hard for folks to figure out which they need.

#40 HankS OFFLINE  

HankS

• Contributor
  • 48 Thanks
  • 107 posts

Posted January 13, 2013 - 11:18 AM

I'll see if I can find it in the shed. It's in there, just may take some hunting around.

#41 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 33,811 Thanks
  • 43,044 posts

Posted January 13, 2013 - 12:31 PM

No big rush. I'm a bit busy right now anyway!

#42 HankS OFFLINE  

HankS

• Contributor
  • 48 Thanks
  • 107 posts

Posted January 15, 2013 - 05:20 PM

Hank,  You were right, according to the manual section mine will be the angle iron bracket.  I purchased a plow from a wheel hourse yesterday.  The manual has the detail I need to modify it to work on my tractor. 

Wade, are you waiting on a drawing for the mount? I can pull it out and take some pics and get the measurements. It's much simpler to make than the other style. I believe all it does is keep the plow centered in front of the tractor. The plow extends under the tractor and attaches to a rod that goes from side to side frame rail in front of the rear axle. The rod provides all the forward push/ reverse pull on the blade. The snow blower I have also attaches to that rod for forward push.

• Wade M said thank you

#43 Russ OFFLINE  

Russ

• Member No: 8191
  • 131 Thanks
  • 367 posts

Posted January 15, 2013 - 11:25 PM

Wade, are you waiting on a drawing for the mount? I can pull it out and take some pics and get the measurements. It's much simpler to make than the other style. I believe all it does is keep the plow centered in front of the tractor. The plow extends under the tractor and attaches to a rod that goes from side to side frame rail in front of the rear axle. The rod provides all the forward push/ reverse pull on the blade. The snow blower I have also attaches to that rod for forward push.

HankS,,,, The way you said it is made sounds just like the snowplow that I have for my Ford 195,, Has everything for it just like you said,,Are you guys needin pic an mes for it ??? 

#44 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 33,811 Thanks
  • 43,044 posts

Posted January 16, 2013 - 05:10 AM

Russ, it also sounds like the one I have, But the mount I have for the front wouldn't bolt to his tractor, most likely.

Wade, got a pic of the blade? Is it the one in this manual? Page 8, figure 11 shows a pic of it.

• Russ and Wade M have said thanks

#45 HankS OFFLINE  

HankS

• Contributor
  • 48 Thanks
  • 107 posts

Posted January 16, 2013 - 07:57 AM

HankS,,,, The way you said it is made sounds just like the snowplow that I have for my Ford 195,, Has everything for it just like you said,,Are you guys needin pic an mes for it ??? 

The mount may be similar. I think the plow is different though. Pretty sure the LGT tractors and plow are longer than the 80, 100 and 120s.

• Russ said thank you