61 replies to this topic

#1 jakeandsears OFFLINE  

jakeandsears

• Contributor
  • Member No: 844
  • 32 Thanks
  • 68 posts

Posted January 05, 2013 - 07:08 PM

anybody have a front attachment mount for the 100 series tractors  im in pa 17067

Attached Thumbnails

• 64 front.JPG

#2 Wade M OFFLINE  

Wade M
  • Member No: 21230
  • 65 Thanks
  • 58 posts

Posted January 06, 2013 - 03:53 AM

I am in need of the same.  If someone has this attachment on their tractor and can post a couple close up pictures with a tape measure as a reference, I will fab one.  I can pick up the mounting holes OK, I just need to understand the mounting tabs, size, shape, location and thru hole dimention.

BTW went to Joes Junk yard in New Ringold, PA yesterday.  They have a corner filled with mostly 80's/90's lawn tractor stamp steel stuff.  Did have 1 Ford (Guess 60's). I pulled a couple parts off it.  Not much left.  it had a hydro transmission w/ ele pto. Don't know anything about these to even guess is it was complete or operational

#3 Wade M OFFLINE  

Wade M
  • Member No: 21230
  • 65 Thanks
  • 58 posts

Posted January 06, 2013 - 04:04 AM

BTW where did you get the picture from.  Unless you have the same hood damage and rust pattern and cobbed up steering wheel that is the tractor I am restoring.  I bought it from a guy in Weatherly, PA. I was told he bought it for a parts tractor.  How long ago, I did not ask.  It appeared to be sitting awhile. 

#4 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,518 Thanks
  • 39,735 posts

Posted January 06, 2013 - 05:48 AM

Is this what you are looking for? Figure 22?

Jac59745.jpeg

I found it in the 59745 2-stage Snow Blower Manual. Page 12.

#5 HankS OFFLINE  

HankS

• Contributor
  • Member No: 7608
  • 48 Thanks
  • 107 posts

Posted January 06, 2013 - 08:26 AM

I need one too. That mounting plate is used for both a snow blower and snow plow. Notice the extra set of holes, mount it one way for the snow blower, flip it 180 for the plow. I have both the plow and snow blower. If I had an extra mounting plate it would be easier to sell the snow blower. I'll try to get a close up picture today and take some measurements for anyone that wants to make one. I don't have the tools to make one myself.

#6 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,518 Thanks
  • 39,735 posts

Posted January 06, 2013 - 09:04 AM

I need one too. That mounting plate is used for both a snow blower and snow plow. Notice the extra set of holes, mount it one way for the snow blower, flip it 180 for the plow. I have both the plow and snow blower. If I had an extra mounting plate it would be easier to sell the snow blower. I'll try to get a close up picture today and take some measurements for anyone that wants to make one. I don't have the tools to make one myself.

Hank, if you get some pics with the measurements, I can make a drawing up for this. It looks to be pretty simple.

#7 jakeandsears OFFLINE  

jakeandsears

• Contributor
  • 32 Thanks
  • 68 posts

Posted January 06, 2013 - 10:41 AM

The picture i got online best picture i could find to show and ken yes thats what i need. the person who had my 62 100b really never had the bracket

#8 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,518 Thanks
  • 39,735 posts

Posted January 06, 2013 - 10:45 AM

Once the pics are posted, I'll see if I can make up a drawing that you guys can use to build from.

#9 HankS OFFLINE  

HankS

• Contributor
  • 48 Thanks
  • 107 posts

Posted January 07, 2013 - 08:31 AM

Sorry, unexpected company yesterday so I didn't get any pics or measurements. Have to run some errands this morning, should be able to pull it out and get the pics/measurements this afternoon.

#10 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,518 Thanks
  • 39,735 posts

Posted January 07, 2013 - 08:43 AM

That's fine as I have to work today!

#11 jakeandsears OFFLINE  

jakeandsears

• Contributor
  • 32 Thanks
  • 68 posts

Posted January 07, 2013 - 09:37 AM

Yea monday work day for me too

#12 HankS OFFLINE  

HankS

• Contributor
  • 48 Thanks
  • 107 posts

Posted January 07, 2013 - 06:53 PM

Okay, after running around this morning then helping my neighbor all afternoon, I finally pulled the mounting plate. Wasn't about to try to take measurements while it was mounted on the front of the tractor.

First pic.

DSC_0001_01.JPG

Obviously the back side of the mounting plate. I misspoke before, you don't flip it over for snowblower or plow, you just use a different set of mounting holes. As you can see the upper set, which lowers the plate, is for the snowblower, lower set is for the plow. Now for the specifics.

The mounting plate is 3/8" steel plate, 10 3/8" wide x 4 15/16" high.

The holes are 7/16". That's my best guess, they're either slightly tapered from punching them out in a press or just worn. I'm saying 7/16" because I'm pretty sure the bolts are 3/8". Check the threaded mounting holes on the front of the frame to be sure.

The top set of 4 holes, the wider spaced ones, are 4 1/4" center to center. The top 2 are 1/2" down from top edge of plate. The bottom 2 are 1 9/16" down from top edge.

The lower 4 holes, the narrower spaced ones, are 2 3/8" center to center. The top 2 are 1 3/4" down from top edge, bottom 2 are 2 13/16" down from top.

The measurements from top edge for all bolt holes is to center of the bolt hole. You can do the math to center the holes side to side. You may also want to check my measurements using the mounting holes on the front of your tractor.

The slot in the center, the center axle bolt sits inside this slot, 1 1/4" wide, 2 1/2" long. The top edge of the slot is 7/8" down from top edge of plate.

To be continued.....

• KennyP said thank you

#13 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,518 Thanks
  • 39,735 posts

Posted January 07, 2013 - 07:06 PM

Okay, I copied that and pasted it in a text .doc. When you have it all, then I can print it out and do the drawing.

#14 HankS OFFLINE  

HankS

• Contributor
  • 48 Thanks
  • 107 posts

Posted January 07, 2013 - 07:32 PM

....Now for the front side of the mounting plate.

DSC_0003_01.JPG DSC_0005_01.JPG

The tabs welded to the plate are made of 1/8" thick, 3" wide steel plate. They have a 1" slot with radius-ed ends cut in them similar to the slot in the mounting plate for the center axle bolt. Then the plate was folded in half leaving an ~7/16" gap between to the 2 sides. The pin that locks the blower/plow in place is 3/8".

The closest part of the radius to the mounting plate is ~7/8". Tough to get a good measurement due to weld beads. Outside to outside of the 2 tabs is ~9 1/2". It varies as the gap between the 2 halves after folding is a little wider at the mounting plate, where it's welded on, than it is at the fold.

Doing a little math, 1" for mounting rod on blower/plow + ~7/16" for locking pin + 1/8", thickness of plate x 2, it gets folded in half, = 2" + 7/8" + 1/4" = 5 1/8". Of course I've had a few beers so that's probably not even close.

I don't have the tools to fold that plate properly so if I was going to make it I would just use some 1/4 or 3/8" steel plate then weld a couple of pieces of steel pipe to the end to drop the locking pin through.

Kenny, if you want to send me the drawing first I'll look it over to see if you interpreted all this nonsense properly.

#15 jakeandsears OFFLINE  

jakeandsears

• Contributor
  • 32 Thanks
  • 68 posts

Posted January 07, 2013 - 07:55 PM

Thanks for takeing time to measure and draw this out!
  • Wade M said thank you