wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted January 05, 2013 - 06:22 PM

The Cochranton Plow Day is coming up on April 27th, 2013 (Saturday), and is sponsored by the French Creek Valley Antique Equipment Club (FCVAEC) and hosted by the Alsdorf's at their farm. Their farm is located right outside of Cochranton, PA and Alan (MH81) will have to edit my post with the address (thanks buddy :D ). You must be an active member to plow due to insurance reasons, but membership is cheap, I think around $10 or something (again Alan lol). Anyway, Alan will chime in with all the details I missed (thanks again lol). Anyway, it isn't a huge plow day but we all have fun plowing with both GT's and farm tractors. I know I am going to be there, and expect to see at least half a dozen other members for sure, and hope more join us this year. Alan, anything else you want to add go right ahead, thanks lol.

#2 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,319 Thanks
  • 28,636 posts

Posted January 05, 2013 - 06:36 PM

Nope, Casey got it pretty much right on.
The only things of note: Last year the min age was 12... This year it may go up due to a precedent situation we have become aware of.
My 81 will be there and if anyone wants to take a lap on a bigger one, just let me know.
The directions, address, etc can all be found onthe website. fcvaec.org
navigate to the plow day page with the links in the upper LH corner.

If anyone has any questions, please let me know.
  • wvbuzzmaster said thank you

#3 OldBuzzard ONLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,488 Thanks
  • 4,634 posts

Posted January 09, 2013 - 04:42 PM

That's only a bit over 2 1/2 hrs from me.  If I have the new tires on the HDT1000, I'll try to make it.

I've never plowed before so it should be a good learning experience.

• MH81, caseguy and wvbuzzmaster have said thanks

#4 CubMan70 OFFLINE  

CubMan70
  • Member No: 21322
  • 2 Thanks
  • 3 posts

Posted January 27, 2013 - 09:30 PM

I live towards butler pa from there and im gonna be there , and hopefully a couple friends of mine to. It will be our firrst time plowing with you guys. Should be a good time

• MH81 and wvbuzzmaster have said thanks

#5 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,319 Thanks
  • 28,636 posts

Posted March 17, 2013 - 08:38 PM

Just a reminder.
Last Saturday in April, near Cochranton PA

13 PLOW DAY POSTER 1.jpg
  • wvbuzzmaster, Kevin Vasich and farmerall have said thanks

#6 lawnrangerkid OFFLINE  

lawnrangerkid
  • Member No: 8867
  • 4 Thanks
  • 8 posts

Posted March 18, 2013 - 07:26 PM

Im planning on being there! Hope to have the the windolph crawler finished in time. Its in the middle of a undercarage and rearend rebuild! Hopefully wont have any of the problems i had last year! I will also be bringing a few of the wheel horses. Looking forward to it! Josh
  • MH81 and wvbuzzmaster have said thanks

#7 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted April 17, 2013 - 08:16 PM

Going to bump this thread to remind everyone that we are getting close.

#8 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted April 17, 2013 - 08:25 PM

Also, I have a question to boot. Of any of you guys that will be attending, are any of you experienced with the Kohler K301's to the extent that you can help me with the Toro 12 horse GT. I have neglected it all winter and went out tonight and swapped the fuel pump to determine if my issue was fuel related. If any of you (Shawn?) are going to be there that can chase the gremlin out of the engine than I will bring the tractor along. Basicly, it starts very easily, but when throttling up it will cut out and die before reaching full RPM. I have been screwing with the carb and it is getting better, just not right yet though...

Has a new carb on it, voltage regulator, spark plug, condensor and fuel lines. Then the ignition coil, fuel pump, and plug wire have been swapped from inventory. So basicly. I have changed all external components... And no luck on this yet. Anyway, any of you up to this challenge, let me know and I will bring it along.

Edited by wvbuzzmaster, April 17, 2013 - 08:25 PM.

• IamSherwood said thank you

#9 IamSherwood OFFLINE  

IamSherwood

Elf guardian

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2066
  • 8,379 Thanks
  • 7,696 posts

Posted April 17, 2013 - 09:05 PM

Also, I have a question to boot. Of any of you guys that will be attending, are any of you experienced with the Kohler K301's to the extent that you can help me with the Toro 12 horse GT. I have neglected it all winter and went out tonight and swapped the fuel pump to determine if my issue was fuel related. If any of you (Shawn?) are going to be there that can chase the gremlin out of the engine than I will bring the tractor along. Basicly, it starts very easily, but when throttling up it will cut out and die before reaching full RPM. I have been screwing with the carb and it is getting better, just not right yet though...

Has a new carb on it, voltage regulator, spark plug, condensor and fuel lines. Then the ignition coil, fuel pump, and plug wire have been swapped from inventory. So basicly. I have changed all external components... And no luck on this yet. Anyway, any of you up to this challenge, let me know and I will bring it along.

just a thought, and i'm sure you've checked, but is the float height set proper?

#10 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted April 17, 2013 - 09:18 PM

I think I checked the float before mounting it because it was shipped with packing in the bowl to immobilize the float. Also, I was having the same issue with it cutting out before I switched a new carb on it. The old carb was heavily worn anyhow.

#11 lawnrangerkid OFFLINE  

lawnrangerkid
  • Member No: 8867
  • 4 Thanks
  • 8 posts

Posted April 19, 2013 - 09:53 AM

Do any of you have or know where i could find a category 0 three point hitch plow. I would like to try out one of my wheel horses with a 3 point hitch and plow. Thanks josh

#12 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted April 19, 2013 - 10:42 AM

Do any of you have or know where i could find a category 0 three point hitch plow. I would like to try out one of my wheel horses with a 3 point hitch and plow. Thanks josh

Send a PM to DH1 (Doug) as he has a 3 point Brinly 12" plow for sale and he will be at the Cochranton Plow Day.

• lawnrangerkid said thank you

#13 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,502 Thanks
  • 39,730 posts

Posted April 20, 2013 - 05:20 AM

Send a PM to DH1 (Doug) as he has a 3 point Brinly 12" plow for sale and he will be at the Cochranton Plow Day.

I'm buying the plow, but it can be put to use at plow days. I won't see it for a while and it would look nice all shined up when I do get it! Just remember it's a 12"!

• MH81 said thank you

#14 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 27,319 Thanks
  • 28,636 posts

Posted April 20, 2013 - 05:31 AM

So even if Kenny can't make it to our Plow Day, at least his plow will. :thumbs:

Looking forward to seeing everyone in a week...

#15 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted April 20, 2013 - 07:35 AM

I know the plow situation as of last night and everyone is still ok in the deal. Thanks for updating us.

I can't wait to get to plow day though, and will have two tractors, the Cub and Caterpillar. The Toro 12 would not start yesterday so not worried with messing with it. Today I will get the Caterpillar out and get it running again, as it hasn't since June or so of last year lol. Also I have to do some wheel weight reworking. Do Bolens 53 pound wheel weights stack on the same side??