Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

'64 Cub Cadet

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
17 replies to this topic

#16 Farmlife OFFLINE  

Farmlife

Tractor Whisperer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 12309
  • 1,232 Thanks
  • 1,461 posts

Posted January 05, 2013 - 06:58 AM

Yea there's alota flags there....Either way, I like it and if the price wasn't so high I would buy it.  I'm not one to call "original" on anyone esp since I have a few toys myself that are far from but cool as heck nonetheless.......

#17 jpackard56 OFFLINE  

jpackard56

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 7225
  • 1,768 Thanks
  • 1,407 posts

Posted January 05, 2013 - 07:02 AM

Early production 100's did have a large battery box, but that one is NOT from the factory. I've looked at the photos several times now and keep wondering why would you go to all the dis-assembly and re-assembly with parts that are still in primer and others that look like clear coated primer? I'm probably the king of ugly as long as it runs good and is safe...but when somebody says restored I expect if not "spot on" at least close...after saying all that I think he will waiting a while to get that kind of money out of it.

#18 Kurtee OFFLINE  

Kurtee

• Member No: 7561
  • 463 Thanks
  • 415 posts

Posted January 05, 2013 - 08:56 AM

Restored? So many things incorrect I would call it repaired, cleaned and repainted. In my world when you say restored it is as close to original as humanly possible. The steering wheel is off a newer Cub. The tail light is added. The fact that there are no fenders comes from the dealer option to delete them lowering the cost. My 1965 70 sits in the shed for comparison and has no fenders either. I have had it for 30+ years.