Garden Tractor Forums banner

Type Of Fittings Used In 317 Hydraulics?

5K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Michiganmobileman 
#1 ·
I want to replace the 2 short lines going to the lift cylinder on my 317. 1 has a big chunk out of the side of it and they are both starting to crack after 30+ years. Are these fittings the 37degree JIC type? At Princess Auto, where they custom make lines for reasonable prices, they sell this type of fitting. The others they sell are obviously not the same, such as O Ring Boss/face seal and NPT.

#2 ·
Wish I could tell you for sure but I cant...sorry!!

But could you possibly remove the lines/fittings and take to Princess Auto to see if they can match it up?? Thats what I had to do with the quick connect hoses for front blade.

Hope this helps!!

#3 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi Brian

normally it must be the 37° JIC which were used by Deere & Co. If you want to know absolutly precise, I must try to find in pathway. Normally there you can find the details.

Or you change all the fittings and it will be ok, too.

#4 ·
I just had a brainstorm. I'll check JDParts and see what the descriptions say. May not get that specific but it's worth a try.

#5 ·
No luck there, just sizes and codes for type of end. I'll probably just take them in to Princess Auto and let them compare to the fittings at hand.

#7 ·
42$ each from JD here in Canada. Still available! Free shipping almost always doesn't apply here in Canada. Then there is the brokerage fees. If I can get them at PA they should be less than 20$ each.

They are identical so it's just a matter of taking one in. I just took an angle finder and had a look at one of the male fittings on the valve. It looks like it is 37 degrees.

#8 · (Edited by Moderator)
#9 ·
Brian that's a very handy reference guide , :thumbs: I'm going to print that out for the shop truck at work , Al

#11 ·
That guide will be handy and also the company that made it has a great selection of fittings at reasonable prices. I'm wondering if I should add the tees to the cylinder lines for the rear outlets. I plan on building a lockout rod for the cylinder, so with that in place a 3 point hitch could be run off the rear outlets. I plan to use rubber lines to get back to the rear end and will probably attempt to build a hitch as used ones are rare and expensive.

#12 ·
That is a good guide, Brian! Thanks for adding it.

#13 ·
Thanks Brian, that guide sheds a little light on the differences between the fittings on hydraulics.

Question? What is a "lockout rod" and its purpose? I have procured a pump to add hydraulics to the Grader, and also want to stub lines out to the front and back for future attachment connections. Always looking for the better way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.