Well after watching DH1 (Doug) videos a few emails back and forth with him, I started my Eletric conversion on the non-running H14xl,
I was going to start a thread sooner but no pictures to post, and I know you guys are a bit of visual learners , so I held off.
Anyway finally got around to connecting my phone to a PC.
Here is the host tractor, it was cheap and affordable, so that usually my #1 requirement, also the finance department (AKA wife) didn't have a problem,
The Tecumseh HH140 has a valve guide out it , The plan was to use this tractor for the snowblower, and my 318 for grass duty. But a blower for the my JD318 came to me cheap out of the blue one day. I've had 2 deals like that come to me now, people in the community kinda know I play with this stuff and they bring it to me.
So now that I have a blower for the 318, the work kinda stopped on the bolens, it became yet another surface to place tools and etc onto within the shop.
Got looking on youtube one day , came across DH1 videos, dangeous thing that youtube, start getting those "ideas", anyway couple emails back and forth with Doug and I'm sold on the idea.
Bought this motor last weekend, it also was cheap, so it met my requirements again. Its out of a Forklift, might be too large, but we'll see.
So the H14xl is hydrostatic drive, plan is to go direct to the hydro drive shaft. Speed control / reverse will be on the hydro pedal. Also my hydaulic lift will sill be available. I'm thinking a plow would be nice to have, the winters have changed recently and a blower just doesn't seen to be a major requirement.
I was thinking of wiring it with 2 contactors, 1 switch would give me 24V, and the other would give me 36V, kinda a redneck type speed control.
I did have an issue finding a spline connector to attach to this motor, but I got lucky and found one a Princess Auto. I wasn't planning on being anywhere close the day I went, so I didn't bring the motor with me. I ended up going past , so I told my wife I had to run in. This was the only spline one I could find in the couplers section. Luckly I did put a 22mm wrench over the shaft a few nights before, so I knew the rough shaft size. I found this in a bin off to the side, then went over to the digital caliphers and measured it. It was too close to call , so I bought , hoped like heck it would fit.
I was pretty happy when I got home and it fit perfectly.
So I've dropped this off at the weld shop, I'm going to attach that coupler to the orginal coupler that came off the HH140,
Theres a rubber piece that goes in between to help with mis alignment & vibration I'm told, the same setup can be seen on the Hydro connection.
That shaft it just resting in there for the purpose of the picture, (I know its loose)
Anyway, just thought you guys might find this interesting. Thanks again to DH1 for his conversion thread and videos, and the direct help.