• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Firedog3771 OFFLINE  

Firedog3771
  • Member No: 17852
  • 14 Thanks
  • 21 posts

Posted January 02, 2013 - 10:44 PM

I Have a line on a snow caster that is PTO driven it came off a tube frame 12 horse Bolens. will this fit and work on My  QT 1900? I Have  a front PTO shaft.FELpump.jpg

#2 8tyman8 OFFLINE  

8tyman8

• GTt Junior
  • Member No: 5455
  • 414 Thanks
  • 731 posts

Posted January 02, 2013 - 10:51 PM

if its a round back it might work with mod's but the tube frame pto turns clock wise and the Qt series turns Ccw (ow vise versa ) you can change the gears to alow reverse rotation but its Alot of work and machining i do see a Hydraulic pump mounted on your tractor (if you have tooling and material) i would make mounts for the Loader and run it from your Hydraulics but if not 

A tube frame implement will Not fit on your Tractor !

Best of luck

#3 Firedog3771 OFFLINE  

Firedog3771
  • Member No: 17852
  • 14 Thanks
  • 21 posts

Posted January 02, 2013 - 11:00 PM

if its a round back it might work with mod's but the tube frame pto turns clock wise and the Qt series turns Ccw (ow vise versa ) you can change the gears to alow reverse rotation but its Alot of work and machining i do see a Hydraulic pump mounted on your tractor (if you have tooling and material) i would make mounts for the Loader and run it from your Hydraulics but if not 

A tube frame implement will Not fit on your Tractor !

Best of luck

I believe I can fabricate a way for the SnowCaster to mount on the loader, but how do I run it off hydro's, isnt the snowcaster shaft driven?

#4 MailmAn OFFLINE  

MailmAn
  • Member No: 10315
  • 292 Thanks
  • 723 posts

Posted January 02, 2013 - 11:19 PM

I believe I can fabricate a way for the SnowCaster to mount on the loader, but how do I run it off hydro's, isnt the snowcaster shaft driven?

Yes, all of the snowcasters are PTO shaft driven as far as I know.  I don't believe that Bolens ever made a hydraulically operated snowcaster, but I could be wrong?  I'd think if there is a factory hydraulic hookup on the front of your tractor that it was probably there for a hydraulically operated snow blade, not a snowcaster.  You can have a really nice hydro lift and tilt and angle blade with that setup, I'd think.  Not sure how the snowblower attachments worked on the later Bolens models like your QT1900.  Are they shaft driven still or are they belt driven off of a front PTO clutch pulley or something?

#5 8tyman8 OFFLINE  

8tyman8

• GTt Junior
  • 414 Thanks
  • 731 posts

Posted January 03, 2013 - 12:32 AM

Yes, all of the snowcasters are PTO shaft driven as far as I know.  I don't believe that Bolens ever made a hydraulically operated snowcaster, but I could be wrong?  I'd think if there is a factory hydraulic hookup on the front of your tractor that it was probably there for a hydraulically operated snow blade, not a snowcaster.  You can have a really nice hydro lift and tilt and angle blade with that setup, I'd think.  Not sure how the snowblower attachments worked on the later Bolens models like your QT1900.  Are they shaft driven still or are they belt driven off of a front PTO clutch pulley or something?

yes but your forgetting that the engines (in the tube frames) sit with the Pto to the back and the Xl xt and qt sit the pto to the front

• MailmAn said thank you

#6 8tyman8 OFFLINE  

8tyman8

• GTt Junior
  • 414 Thanks
  • 731 posts

Posted January 03, 2013 - 12:42 AM

Ahh scrap that Idera of mounting the blower on the loader with hydraulics if you get the blower it has a right angle gear box ! you can change the bearings and shaft to make it a Left angle gear box it is possible ! and make a new mount for the tractor From my memory the body of a 38'' snow caster from a tube frame is the same as a 38'' snow caster for a xl series the mounts and gear box is different   

#7 Cvans OFFLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,518 Thanks
  • 5,033 posts

Posted January 03, 2013 - 11:44 AM

If you try running the snow blower with a hydraulic motor do not forget to install an oil cooler in the system. Hydraulics generate a lot of heat.