Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,443 Thanks
  • 6,609 posts

Posted January 02, 2013 - 09:42 PM

I'm not sure if this is the correct blade for my 600 or maybe the hitch is bent ?  The problem is it's hard to pull the pin back to let the blade pivot , any ideas ?  Al

Attached Thumbnails

• DSCN0068.JPG

#2 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 5,443 Thanks
  • 6,609 posts

Posted January 03, 2013 - 06:34 AM

I guess should have said that it doesn't seem like enough room for the pin to be able to be pulled before it hits the hitch . Al

#3 Amigatec OFFLINE  

Amigatec

Collector of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5899
  • 2,023 Thanks
  • 3,172 posts

Posted January 03, 2013 - 07:10 AM

I think the hitch needs to come off, the parts breakdown shows a brace from the bottom of the blade to the front of the transmission.
  • Alc said thank you

#4 Lauber1 OFFLINE  

Lauber1

DB restorer

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4926
  • 3,440 Thanks
  • 2,796 posts

Posted January 03, 2013 - 11:56 AM

yep, thats the trouble, the hitch needs to off and you have to run the brace , or you will bend the blade. This is one of  the poorer DB designs. I hate when i have take parts off to make stuff work right.

• Alc said thank you

#5 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 5,443 Thanks
  • 6,609 posts

Posted January 08, 2013 - 08:43 AM

Thanks guys , the fellow I got the tractor from said his uncle got the blade at an auction and never had it on , I got the brace from Casey and I attached it to the hitch . Maybe I don't have the correct brace for this tractor ? I'll have to see if it mounts once I remove the hitch , Al

#6 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 5,443 Thanks
  • 6,609 posts

Posted January 08, 2013 - 08:11 PM

I was going to take the hitch off tonight but first had to remove the brace   , it was one of those nights that everything fought me lol . The little notch to hold the kickstand down is so worn it kept going over the notch and wouldn't hold the tractor up :wallbanging:  Anyway once I had the blade off the ground I realized the pull pin was almost all the way back and you couldn't even wiggle the blade , the brace was jammed so tight it was couldn't even get the hitch pin off . Noticed that it wasn't the pin keeping the blade from moving but the curved part jammed into the bracket :wallbanging:  I'm going to try making a longer brace , that should give me more clearance while turning the blade . Al