#16 WNYTractorTinkerer ONLINE  

WNYTractorTinkerer

Tinker Master

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10789
  • 8,317 Thanks
  • 4,664 posts

Posted January 02, 2013 - 08:32 AM

A buddy of mine had a couple of them..  They were always getting stuck though..  The track's lug height was too low..  They were pretty fast though..  Lots of sleds were made then for sure..  I had an old Skiroule made by Coleman..  (Yeah-  The lantern folks)  It had some excellent differences from the other boxy machines..

http://www.vintagesn...arius_PP993.jpg

The Sachs engine was mounted low in the frame like new machines but the track was the the worst part of it as It dug itself in to a rut in a hurry!

• IamSherwood said thank you

#17 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted January 02, 2013 - 10:27 AM

Landpride acquired the rights to the Pug and produced the Gondo 4x4 in 2005 and 2006. I was a Landpride dealer then and it was a cool machine. Very pricey though.

Hmm? And I have been looking for a Golf Cart to make a Garden/Chore Buggy for the wife? That's pretty much what I had in mind.

#18 KC9KAS ONLINE  

KC9KAS
  • Member No: 10038
  • 4,783 Thanks
  • 4,303 posts

Posted January 02, 2013 - 05:56 PM

Landpride acquired the rights to the Pug and produced the Gondo 4x4 in 2005 and 2006. I was a Landpride dealer then and it was a cool machine. Very pricey though.

My wife's nephew has one of these. I never rode in it, but my wife did, and she said it was un-stoppable.

It had a GM front wheel drive 3 speed manual transmission in it. The trans went out under warranty, and the replacement was out of a Pontiac of some sort. Had the yellow paint pen marking on it from a "junk-yard".

#19 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,758 Thanks
  • 7,701 posts

Posted January 02, 2013 - 08:06 PM

That is a pretty cool little buggy. Never seen one before.

#20 PuG OFFLINE  

PuG
  • Member No: 40233
  • 0 Thanks
  • 1 posts

Posted July 10, 2013 - 01:37 PM

i know this is a little bit old thred but wanted to updated it  for new info about the PUG Utv and Landpride Gondo http://www.pugutv.com