• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 thinksnowjob OFFLINE  

thinksnowjob

• Member No: 797
  • 0 Thanks
  • 7 posts

Posted September 04, 2010 - 08:20 PM

Was just mowing along when the tractor stopped. Would not go forward or reverse. Could not raise or lower deck. Shut the tractor off and drug it to the barn for analysis. Once at barn, I started it up, and everything worked fine. I proceeded to mow the lawn. It went quite away, then it just stopped again. This time I shut it off, then re-started it. All worked fine, so I continued to mow the lawn. I was able to mow for quite awhile and it happened again. Shut down and restarted the mower and all worked well, for only a short time and it stopped. Restarting did not work. High pitched squeal from hydraulic fluid I think. Once again, no forward, no reverse, no raise or lower deck. What's up with that? Any ideas where to start? I'm ready to dig in. Thanks in advance.

#2 thinksnowjob OFFLINE  

thinksnowjob

• Member No: 797
  • 0 Thanks
  • 7 posts

Posted September 09, 2010 - 09:18 PM

Well, disappointed I am. No feedback so I dug into it blind. Pin inside pump sheared.

#3 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,605 Thanks
  • 29,834 posts

Posted September 09, 2010 - 09:22 PM

Just seen this. Sorry I was late. While reading your 1st post, I thought charge pump pin. Had that with a JD F935. If it happens again, then you have a faulty pressure regulator causing pressure to raise so high it snaps the pin.

#4 ducky OFFLINE  

ducky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 564
  • 1,623 Thanks
  • 3,860 posts

Posted September 09, 2010 - 09:39 PM

Just seen this. Sorry I was late. While reading your 1st post, I thought charge pump pin. Had that with a JD F935. If it happens again, then you have a faulty pressure regulator causing pressure to raise so high it snaps the pin.

..DITTO
And be sure not to use a standard roll pin. Been there done that. It will happen again. Get one from the MFG. or make sure it is a hardened pin. Set pressure to factory specs, and all should be well.

#5 SandburRanch OFFLINE  

SandburRanch

• Member No: 835
  • 0 Thanks
  • 27 posts

Posted September 13, 2010 - 06:42 PM

Well, disappointed I am. No feedback so I dug into it blind. Pin inside pump sheared.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The short time I've been here I've noticed this "no feedback" a few times. But being new here I'll not be suggesting changes that would possibly correct that problem.

#6 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,605 Thanks
  • 29,834 posts

Posted September 13, 2010 - 07:10 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The short time I've been here I've noticed this "no feedback" a few times. But being new here I'll not be suggesting changes that would possibly correct that problem.

The only thing to correct the problem would be patience. Someone has to come along that can properly answer the question at hand. Better no info than bad info. I do however try to reply to posts that don't get responses soon, even if I can't help with the problem, just to let them know someone is listening. I can't catch all of them I'm afraid, but I try.

#7 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted September 13, 2010 - 07:13 PM

New members or old members are more then welcome to make suggestions that may better the community. Right now is a busy time for many as the summer season is wrapping up. Things will change once the cooler weather sets in and more people are at home indoors.

#8 Bolens 1000 OFFLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,680 Thanks
  • 17,200 posts

Posted September 13, 2010 - 07:17 PM

:ditto:

#9 ducky OFFLINE  

ducky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 564
  • 1,623 Thanks
  • 3,860 posts

Posted September 13, 2010 - 09:35 PM

New members or old members are more then welcome to make suggestions that may better the community. Right now is a busy time for many as the summer season is wrapping up. Things will change once the cooler weather sets in and more people are at home indoors.

Sorry I did not see your post earlier.:bump:
Hope as we get into winter we will all have a little more time.
As Dan mentioned bad info is not what you ever need and patients will always get you an answer that will hopefully set you on the right path.
There are a lot of VERY knowledgeable people here and all willing to help.
Hope you enjoy GTtalk.:welcome:

#10 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted September 14, 2010 - 04:47 AM