• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 twostroke91 OFFLINE  

twostroke91

• Member No: 1447
  • 0 Thanks
  • 6 posts

Posted December 31, 2012 - 10:07 AM

Anyone know where I can get a rebuild kit for above engine . Also having charging problems , any help would be great .

Thank's , Don

#2 8tyman8 OFFLINE  

8tyman8

• GTt Junior
  • Member No: 5455
  • 414 Thanks
  • 731 posts

Posted December 31, 2012 - 03:35 PM

being a model 19 and 1976 i would say its the regular bore (unless your engine says I/C) its a aluminum bore if its burning alittle oil you might be able to hone it and stab new rings also the alternator as the last digit is 7 should be gear drive starter with a dual Circuit they are only 2.5 amps dc (to charge the battery) and maybe 4 for the lights if you have the lights attached to the battery it wont run them also it needs to run 3600 rpm to put out full output if there is no voltage at the terminal it might be a diode what is the tractor ??? G9 ? also i would check ebay for parts     

• twostroke91 said thank you

#3 twostroke91 OFFLINE  

twostroke91

• 0 Thanks
  • 6 posts

Posted December 31, 2012 - 05:36 PM

Thank's for the reply . I think it is stock engine . I do have lights hooked up on it and at night like you stated it won't charge the battery , and therefore keeps stalling on me and i have to jump start it , but need light's to throw snow at night , that is all i use the tractor for . Is there anything i can do to keep it charging while lights are on ? I keep it on charger when not in use , battery lasts about an hour then its dead . It is also very hard to start at all times .Yes it is a G9.  Also what is the wire that goes from the starter to what looks like a fuse holder and then i think behind the flywheel cover ? Thank's again  

#4 twostroke91 OFFLINE  

twostroke91

• 0 Thanks
  • 6 posts

Posted January 03, 2013 - 07:33 PM

Ok , here's a little twist decided to take the head off of the 8hp Briggs ( 190417 0902-01 ) to see what it looked like inside . Piston was really pretty clean . The bore has some small grooves in it but I think they will hone out . The thing that gets me is the exhaust valve . I can wiggle it back & forth probably .020 or so , also the seat is loose . It has slop around outside of it and I can lift it up away from the block with ease . I'm more of a twostroke person so I'm not sure what to do . Can I maybe JB weld it in there or will there be too much heat ? Can valve seats be bought for this engine ? If so can they be put in easily or would I have to take it to the shop and have them put in ? Sure hope it don't snow for a while .

Thanks for any help , ideas .....

Don