Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Where Is All The Snowcasting And Plowing Pic?

bolens

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#16 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,670 Thanks
  • 17,197 posts

Posted December 31, 2012 - 08:57 PM

I have been Really busy during the last few days the weather Guessers were saying 15 cm (6'') i was told to get up as my neighbors were stuck im like great (i haven't seen out side yet) go i go out side to start the tractor there was  almost 40 cm  14" plus the tractor did not make it out of the yard easily so far i think i have used it almost 30 hours most of that was with drifts here is some pictures i took tonight with the new led lights

Looks like it works well.

What HP is that engine? I bet the single stage blower would work just as well with the extra HP you got under that hood! :smilewink:

#17 8tyman8 OFFLINE  

8tyman8

• GTt Junior
  • Member No: 5455
  • 414 Thanks
  • 731 posts

Posted December 31, 2012 - 09:23 PM

Its a Flat head briggs 16hp twin Rated at 28 foot pounds of torque @2800 rpm its making more than that tho .. its Tuned Very well and its got E3 plugs also its Clean internally it works well and runs Very smooth (when in the Butter zone LOL) it bets the crap out of a Hh160 and i would estimate also burns less fuel i did have the single stage on last year and it worked well the only thing is the Pto belts would slip before you would Bog the engine down (and its the same for this year) the thing when i built this tractor is the new engine sat 1/2 or maybe 1 inch higher the factory belts (from what i could remember ) are 42.5 for the pto and 30 for the hydro i had to run 32 for the hydro and 45 for the pto so its on the long side causing me to need to move the pto down all the way if i put a 44 belt on its short and they (from what the drivline place says) can not get that size in Good year kevlar belts i have tried other brands with No luck they Dont take the Hp we did not have enough snow to use the blower last year so i used the blade most of the time i also made a brush and will i tell you that make the engine work Also it has a nice tone at 3/4 throttle under load and its Quieter than the hh140 that was in there it make me wounder why bolens did not try a Twin in there tube frame tractors there is room to add a fuel cell under the seat pan and enough room under the hood it it was 1/2" longer my old hood was Cut all up when i got it  so i made it work i have another hood i plan to put on it (from the 750) so its heaver metal there is no reason for the hood to be cut or notched with this engine

• boyscout862 and MailmAn have said thanks

#18 bolens1053 OFFLINE  

bolens1053

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1997
  • 53 Thanks
  • 146 posts

Posted January 01, 2013 - 07:10 PM

Heres what i use it works great! It is 48 in four wheeler plow

Attached Thumbnails

• image-1883838472.jpg
  • image-2289828019.jpg

• daytime dave said thank you

#19 velle01 OFFLINE  

velle01
  • Member No: 16329
  • 11 Thanks
  • 20 posts

Posted January 02, 2013 - 03:39 PM

Nice pictures there, Velle01! That's a nice Troy-Bilt tractor you got there as well. Is that a 2-stage snowblower you have on there? That must be nice. I wish I had a 2-stage for my 850 as I think it does a much better job than a single stage. I see you are in Dansville, NY - how was the snow down there compared with Rochester? I was down in Dansville last summer/fall for the Balloon Festival, which was pretty neat and had a good time there. Looks like you were having some fun in the snow with your tractor though at least!

TY MailmAn. I used the blower one time the year before last. Last year I had my snow/dirt blade on. I only had to plow twice last year. :-(. I figured with that snow storm threat i would be better off with the blower then the blade. The 2-stage works real well. My grandfather bought a GTX18 in the mid 90's that has the 2-stage on. My brother got his Bolens 1250 with a single stage blower. My dad has a Bolens HT-20 with that huge 2-stage blower. Now that thing is huge. We all have Cozy Cabs as well. I just got my cozy cab so I have been painting some mounting brackets. I hope to have my cab on by this weekend. Here are a few more pics

Attached Thumbnails

• Cozy Cab 16.jpg
  • The crew.jpg
  • The Crew 3.jpg
  • The Crew 4.jpg

• daytime dave, OldBuzzard and MailmAn have said thanks

#20 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,670 Thanks
  • 17,197 posts

Posted January 02, 2013 - 03:44 PM

Nice Group Of Bolens!

How did you ever manage to find matching Cozy Cabs for Both tractors!!! Those Cabs are pretty hard to find for the Largeframes.

#21 OldBuzzard ONLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,479 Thanks
  • 4,633 posts

Posted January 02, 2013 - 04:58 PM

:ditto:

After using the 20D with the soft cab and seeing how nice it is, I would  almost  :shoot3: for a hard cab :D :D :D

Edited by OldBuzzard, January 02, 2013 - 04:59 PM.

#22 velle01 OFFLINE  

velle01
  • Member No: 16329
  • 11 Thanks
  • 20 posts

Posted January 02, 2013 - 05:44 PM

The cab on my brothers 1250 was originally on my dads HT20. He had the cab sandblasted and powder coated that color. He found another cab four years ago that was a little taller then his. He then went and had that one sandblasted and powdercoated. He gave/sold my brother his cab. Two years ago we found a Bolens g14xt? on ebay with a cozy cab. We got a great deal on the tractor and cab then sold the tractor for what we got the whole for.

My dad then fabed up the brackets and filler plates to fit my grandfathers GTX18. He then quickly painted the cab grey. I plan on sandblasting the cab this spring/summer then painting it. here are some more pics.

Attached Thumbnails

• Cozy Cab 6.jpg
  • Cozy Cab 7.jpg
  • Cozy Cab.jpg
  • Cozy Cab 2.jpg
  • Cozy Cab 3.jpg
  • Cozy Cab 14.jpg

#23 1967bolens collector OFFLINE  

1967bolens collector

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1920
  • 648 Thanks
  • 1,437 posts

Posted January 02, 2013 - 06:07 PM

are them cozy cabs from a j.d 318 or something? im askings because the windshields are angled and the older bolens cozy cabs wern't like that.  i know they can be fitted to a (LF) bolens with just a couple brackets and window. i have a cozy cab but i dont know if i should put it on the 1250 or the HT20D.. them bolens look great. i would love to have that 2 stage for the HT20D but it dosent snow enough to buy one they sell for $800. its ok tho i got a 2 stage on the GK :)

Edited by 1967bolens collector, January 02, 2013 - 06:10 PM.

• velle01 said thank you

#24 nyrobbie77 OFFLINE  

nyrobbie77

• Member No: 2163
  • 80 Thanks
  • 68 posts

Posted January 02, 2013 - 09:42 PM

all three cabs are a lil different.  the one on my 1250 (pictured above by my bro velle01) has the hinges on the inside of the doors/cab.  my dads ht20 and the one on the gtx18, now going onto my bros gtx20 are hinged on the outside.  my dad's and bro's both have a spot where it looks like there was room for the 2nd JD brake pedal.  my dad's and my cabs both have the same front windshields.  all seem to have some little differences from each other.

its kinda hard to say where they all came from.  as my bro said, my cab came with my dads ht20, but he bought a 2nd cab that had an extension to the top. 

the cabs are getting pretty rare to find, and pricey to boot.  definitely great finds!

• MailmAn said thank you

#25 nyrobbie77 OFFLINE  

nyrobbie77

• 80 Thanks
  • 68 posts

Posted January 02, 2013 - 09:44 PM

are them cozy cabs from a j.d 318 or something? im askings because the windshields are angled and the older bolens cozy cabs wern't like that.  i know they can be fitted to a (LF) bolens with just a couple brackets and window. i have a cozy cab but i dont know if i should put it on the 1250 or the HT20D.. them bolens look great. i would love to have that 2 stage for the HT20D but it dosent snow enough to buy one they sell for $800. its ok tho i got a 2 stage on the GK :)

you can use the same brackets on the 1250 and the ht20d to mount the cozy cab.  when putting the cab on my 1250 just had to add some spacer shims to the bracket behind/under the seat to make it work. 

• 1967bolens collector said thank you

#26 MailmAn OFFLINE  

MailmAn
  • Member No: 10315
  • 292 Thanks
  • 723 posts

Posted January 02, 2013 - 10:58 PM

My dad has a Bolens HT-20 with that huge 2-stage blower. Now that thing is huge. We all have Cozy Cabs as well.

Wow, I guess so!  That 2-stage is pretty HUUUUUUUUGE!!!  (Damn you, Billy Fuccillo!)  I'd love a big snowblower like that and I'm sure that will throw snow not just into your neighbor's yard but into your neighbor's yard 2 houses down!!  lol...  Those cozy cabs sure look nice too.  They aren't heated or anything, are they?  I'll bet they cut down on the wind and snow blowing in your face though at least.  Do you feel that it affects your maneuverability of the tractor or your visibility at all?  I'd say the hard cabs look like they are easier to see out of than the soft cabs at least.

• velle01 said thank you

#27 Firedog3771 OFFLINE  

Firedog3771
  • Member No: 17852
  • 14 Thanks
  • 21 posts

Posted January 02, 2013 - 11:23 PM

QT1900Snow1.jpg QT1900Snow3.jpg

Couple of Pic of my QT1900 making a snowboard hill

#28 nyrobbie77 OFFLINE  

nyrobbie77

• 80 Thanks
  • 68 posts

Posted January 03, 2013 - 11:28 AM

Wow, I guess so!  That 2-stage is pretty HUUUUUUUUGE!!!  (Damn you, Billy Fuccillo!)  I'd love a big snowblower like that and I'm sure that will throw snow not just into your neighbor's yard but into your neighbor's yard 2 houses down!!  lol...  Those cozy cabs sure look nice too.  They aren't heated or anything, are they?  I'll bet they cut down on the wind and snow blowing in your face though at least.  Do you feel that it affects your maneuverability of the tractor or your visibility at all?  I'd say the hard cabs look like they are easier to see out of than the soft cabs at least.

the cabs aren't heated, but on the older large frames like my dads and mine, due to the direction that the engine is faced, the flywheel blows the heat back towards the cab.  i'm comfortable enough in it no hat/gloves, light jacket, and with the rear window half open for ventilation.  i've used the gtx18 with the hard cab and while its not as warm, it is still very comfortable.  i think the major key is when snow blowing, it keeps the snow off you which can create quite a chill! 

visibility is very good thru the cozy cabs.  i have a lil fan that blows on the windshield to help keep it from fogging over and the windshield wiper works well. 

it was definately worth the investment.  anytime i have to do snow removal w/out my cab on i remember why i got it!

• MailmAn said thank you

#29 MailmAn OFFLINE  

MailmAn
  • Member No: 10315
  • 292 Thanks
  • 723 posts

Posted January 03, 2013 - 12:55 PM

BTW - I had WANTED to post up a video of me snowblowing last week with my Ariens (I know it's not a Bolens, but mine is laid up right now...) but my computer has been on the fritz for over a month now and I can't afford the parts to completely fix it right now.  For some reason, one of the programs that is refusing to work right now is my video editor!  I even tried uninstalling it and re-installing it to no avail.  Then I tried uninstalling the program, uninstalling all my Visual C++ Redistributable packages from my computer, uninstalling DirectX and my video card drivers, re-installing everything including DirectX 11, Visual C++ 2005, 2008, and 2010 Redistributables, latest nVidia drivers, etc.  Then I rebooted and tried re-installing my video editor (Corel VideoStudio Pro X5) and it is STILL not working!!!  So, if I can't get this figured out why it is not working at all, I can't post any more videos until I completely rebuild my computer and reinstall Windows 7 on a new hard drive and start over from scratch.  Ugh, it is so annoying!!!

#30 8tyman8 OFFLINE  

8tyman8

• GTt Junior
  • Member No: 5455
  • 414 Thanks
  • 731 posts

Posted January 03, 2013 - 01:00 PM

BTW - I had WANTED to post up a video of me snowblowing last week with my Ariens (I know it's not a Bolens, but mine is laid up right now...) but my computer has been on the fritz for over a month now and I can't afford the parts to completely fix it right now.  For some reason, one of the programs that is refusing to work right now is my video editor!  I even tried uninstalling it and re-installing it to no avail.  Then I tried uninstalling the program, uninstalling all my Visual C++ Redistributable packages from my computer, uninstalling DirectX and my video card drivers, re-installing everything including DirectX 11, Visual C++ 2005, 2008, and 2010 Redistributables, latest nVidia drivers, etc.  Then I rebooted and tried re-installing my video editor (Corel VideoStudio Pro X5) and it is STILL not working!!!  So, if I can't get this figured out why it is not working at all, I can't post any more videos until I completely rebuild my computer and reinstall Windows 7 on a new hard drive and start over from scratch.  Ugh, it is so annoying!!!

If its not the biggest video there is a YouTube video editer you up load you videos as private and import them into this editer i was going to use it but my computer crashed (its on the frits as well .. hope fully should be fixed to night as im getting Windows 7 ! and a new Hdd

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bolens