#1 Dane in PA OFFLINE  

Dane in PA

Dane in PA

• Contributor
  • Member No: 9535
  • 497 Thanks
  • 579 posts

Posted December 29, 2012 - 10:13 PM

Does anyone blow snow with their 110 with the K181?  I kind of want to get a blower for it, but I don't know if the 8hp will have the guts for some of the thicker stuff.  Does anyone have video, picture, or story of theirs?  I'm not afraid of the plow, but I really would prefer to get a 4-way for the 140 down the line.

#2 farmer john ONLINE  

farmer john
  • Member No: 11605
  • 1,716 Thanks
  • 871 posts

Posted December 29, 2012 - 10:31 PM

boy it did not take you long to start looking for goodies for your 110, bored with it already? almost seems like my kids with thier gifts after 20 minutes. ha ha ha!!!!  i would be the same way though, my friend has a 110 with a modifed 2 stage blower, its ok on the light stuff but does not have the cohonies for the heavy wet stuff, ps he has tweeked the motor also, good luck with your gift

#3 Dane in PA OFFLINE  

Dane in PA

Dane in PA

• Contributor
  • 497 Thanks
  • 579 posts

Posted December 29, 2012 - 11:00 PM

boy it did not take you long to start looking for goodies for your 110, bored with it already? almost seems like my kids with thier gifts after 20 minutes. ha ha ha!!!!  i would be the same way though, my friend has a 110 with a modifed 2 stage blower, its ok on the light stuff but does not have the cohonies for the heavy wet stuff, ps he has tweeked the motor also, good luck with your gift

What fun is a drill with no bits?  An ATV with no tires?  A TV remote with no batteries?  A tractor without attachments?  I need some excuse to drive it around!   :D

#4 ggsteve OFFLINE  

ggsteve

• Member No: 4164
  • 142 Thanks
  • 253 posts

Posted December 30, 2012 - 08:56 AM

I have a '69 110H that came with a 37A blower but I've never had cause to use it.  The guy I bought it from used it to clear his 200' driveway since new until he bought a Kubota FEL a couple years ago.  Good luck with the new tractor!

Edited by ggsteve, December 30, 2012 - 08:57 AM.

#5 lyall OFFLINE  

lyall

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2180
  • 1,746 Thanks
  • 1,398 posts

Posted December 30, 2012 - 12:37 PM

I have used the snow blower on my 110 for years until I got a 212 

the 110 now has a FEL on it and works great

#6 hdg4400 OFFLINE  

hdg4400

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6945
  • 254 Thanks
  • 326 posts

Posted December 30, 2012 - 12:37 PM

Dane:

My 1st garden tractor was a 110 with a snowblower, probably the 37A, and most  likely with the 7 horse engine. I blew out my 150 foot driveway and large turn around with it. Admittedly I usually had to go slow and make lots of passes, but it worked for me. Even made my own chains, and used an old 50# scale weight to help counter the weight of the snowblower.

But I was glad to move up to the 140 with hydraulic lift for the blower, fluid in the tires, and a cab for me. I almost got too warm in that cab.

Harlan

Edited by hdg4400, December 30, 2012 - 10:52 PM.

• Dane in PA said thank you

#7 Dane in PA OFFLINE  

Dane in PA

Dane in PA

• Contributor
  • 497 Thanks
  • 579 posts

Posted December 30, 2012 - 05:44 PM

Dane:

My 1st garden tractor was a 110 with a snowblower, probably the 37A, and most  likely with the 7 hourse engine. I plowed my 150 foot driveway and large turn around with it. Admitidly I usually had to go slow and make lots of passes, but it worked for me. Even made my own chains, and used an old 50# scale weight to help counter the weight of the snowblower.

But I was glad to move up to the 140 with hydraulic lift for the blower, fluid in the tires, and a cab for me. I almost got too warm in that cab.

Harlan

I don't mind going slow and multiple passes... More seat time for me!   :smilewink: