• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 graycharles88 OFFLINE  

graycharles88
  • Member No: 22494
  • 1 Thanks
  • 6 posts

Posted December 29, 2012 - 09:50 PM

hello new here and trying to find auger bearings for my 2 stage blower. i just got it working and the chain tensioner and belt tensioner went, fixed them and found the auger bearings are bad also. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#2 chris m OFFLINE  

chris m

Tractorholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8148
  • 3,277 Thanks
  • 4,033 posts

Posted December 29, 2012 - 10:31 PM

1st of Welcome to GTtalk graycharles88! I just looked up the numbers for the bearings. They are showing as NLA.

I have the same blower myself but the bearings are in good shape. My only guess would be to measure the old ones up ( ID from the shaft since bearing is worn) then call an industrial bearing supplier and they could help you find a replacement that way.

The blower is made by Jacobsen if you didn't know already and the bearings are JAC342858 or JAC343498

I'll look around more, Good luck.

• graycharles88 said thank you

#3 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,415 Thanks
  • 39,663 posts

Posted December 30, 2012 - 04:29 AM

Welcome to the forum. I upload a Jacobsen 2-stage blower manual a while back. I hope this  is your blower.  I agree with Chris on finding the bearings, probably the easiest way. If you can get one off and take it with you, that may help them match it up.

Edited by KennyP, December 30, 2012 - 07:47 AM.
Edited link

#4 graycharles88 OFFLINE  

graycharles88
  • 1 Thanks
  • 6 posts

Posted December 30, 2012 - 04:39 AM

thank you. this info was very helpful. i didnt have info on the impliments. hopefully the rototiller and mower arent as  bad as this is being.awesome tractor tho!!!

#5 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,415 Thanks
  • 39,663 posts

Posted December 30, 2012 - 04:47 AM

We may have manual for both the tiller and mower in the Manuals section. These were built by Jacobsen, so you may have to look for the manuals with a Jacobsen name on them. I have some more to upload.

A few pics of what you have can help us help you, so check out the link at the bottom of my signature for pic help. Also, there is a thread here  that may help.

Edited by KennyP, December 30, 2012 - 07:49 AM.
Edited Link

#6 graycharles88 OFFLINE  

graycharles88
  • 1 Thanks
  • 6 posts

Posted December 30, 2012 - 05:04 AM

thanks i will get those manuals also. love this tractor, its a work horse. and bought it for $75 with 3 implements. had 2 get a motor and rebuild most of it. made a great score tho, had a friend who gave me a whole tractor with weight box and good motor, but it had a stuck valve. runs great now tho.

• KennyP said thank you

#7 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,415 Thanks
  • 39,663 posts

Posted December 30, 2012 - 05:22 AM

We'll be happy to help where/when we can. Lots of good people here that enjoy doing what they can to help folks along with their projects. Hope to see some pics of yours before long!

#8 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted December 30, 2012 - 05:34 AM

Welcome to the forum.Glad to have you with us.

#9 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,415 Thanks
  • 39,663 posts

Posted December 30, 2012 - 07:50 AM

I went back and edited the links. Those are working now. Not sure of the challenge earlier with this.

#10 chris m OFFLINE  

chris m

Tractorholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8148
  • 3,277 Thanks
  • 4,033 posts

Posted December 30, 2012 - 08:18 PM

A couple things you should know when looking at parts books for these old Ford/Jacobsen tractors is  they messed up on a lot of there parts lists.

If you look at a parts drawing then look at the list with the part numbers, you will notice some of the item numbers are not what they show on the drawing. This can mess you up if you don't know the name of a particular part.

So far I have seen it in a 67 Ford 100 gt parts manual, and now again in the 36"  2 stage snowblower parts manual.

I think it showed the snowblower bearings as item number 18 but on the list they actually show as item 4 (or close to that)

Also if you go to New Holland Tractors site here http://www.messicks....llandparts.aspx on the left of the page that comes up, second search box down (parts look up) enter in the part numbers you find in any Ford/Jacobsen manual.

When entering a part number from the manual add "JAC" in front of the part number. Example: 343498 in manual would be JAC343498

They do not have a lot of parts for these machines (They bought Ford/Jacobsen). But sometimes you will also find alternate part numbers, Then you can search the Net and or Ebay and some times I have had luck finding parts.

Good luck with your Ford! These are great machines IMO! :D

#11 graycharles88 OFFLINE  

graycharles88
  • 1 Thanks
  • 6 posts

Posted December 30, 2012 - 09:53 PM

ya and they list the part but its $102 each that wont happen to soon going to check ebay with the new part # now thank you all for the info

#12 poncho62 OFFLINE  

poncho62
  • Member No: 42
  • 631 Thanks
  • 1,219 posts

Posted December 31, 2012 - 07:13 AM

Take your old bearings to your local NAPA....Either they can measure or cross refference the number on them....or can refer a local machine shop that can get the bearings for you.

#13 daytime dave OFFLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted December 31, 2012 - 11:04 AM

Welcome, glad you found your information.  Sounds pretty expensive though.  Glad you joined.

#14 graycharles88 OFFLINE  

graycharles88
  • 1 Thanks
  • 6 posts

Posted December 31, 2012 - 11:14 AM

ill be posting pics soon just busy with finding parts going to build a plow to use till i get the bearings