FirefyterEmt

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 610
  • 451 Thanks
  • 855 posts

Posted December 29, 2012 - 07:21 PM

Man... this is the life!  Tonight I got to play with the tractor's new toy tonight!  This is the first year I have the snowblower attachment on the tractor and at the new house, something that I have to use because there is no way for me to plow it!  We have about 3" on the ground, with the promise of up to a foot on the way.  Now, I did not want to spoil my driveway's snow (need to take a video!) but that huge parking lot next door had plenty, just laying there!  I mean, all that snow and nobody was playing with it!  So I drive the tractor over there after a trip around the house to clear the sidewalk.  Now being that this is the town hall parking lot. I had plenty to play with!  Why, there is even a nice hill that I tested my backing uphill traction with the blower raised.  I am running the chained turf's that are loaded, plus the 225lb weight box in the rear.  I left the wheel weights off because they just stick out too far, and I think with the blower, I no longer need them.  Everything worked flawless once I learned that the blower likes to have the snow really fed into it faster than I would of thought.  In fact, a crawl seemed to clog it right up.  Granted, the pipe feeding the chute has not been painted like the chute was. 

Anyway, tomorrow I will have at least 6" to 12" to clear in the driveway and I will take a photo of the old girl in her new snow clearing gear. Stay tuned!

• MH81 said thank you

#2 MH81 OFFLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 29,963 Thanks
  • 29,757 posts

Posted December 29, 2012 - 07:26 PM

Now that's some of the best news of the day. I am currently defrosting from playing myself. Decided to make a set of chains work on the Sears so I can move on the ice that's under the 3" we have with more coming.

I don't understand why I would need chains... Where I removed the snow, it's hard to stand up and walk in places. I see a trip to the ER in someone's future around here.

Anyways, very, very glad it's working well for you and you're having fun.

#3 IamSherwood OFFLINE  

IamSherwood

Elf guardian

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2066
  • 8,390 Thanks
  • 7,697 posts

Posted December 29, 2012 - 07:35 PM

:dancingbanana:  :dancingbanana:

Sounds like you just had a second Christmas this week.

Glad it all worked good for you.

Did you write anything in snow, in the parking lot?

Last year, I made a big heart for the wife, on Valentines day.

• MH81 said thank you

#4 oldtimer OFFLINE  

oldtimer
  • Member No: 10588
  • 374 Thanks
  • 339 posts

Posted December 29, 2012 - 08:10 PM

Gald you're having fun. Tomorrow should be more fun for you.  If my snowblower works then i'll be having more fun that should be legal!!    First time this year to see if we straightened out the belt throwing problem.   I'm 99.9% certain that son,grandson, and I fixed it.  ( crossing fingers)

#5 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 39,533 Thanks
  • 30,941 posts

Posted December 29, 2012 - 08:11 PM

So just where is the video of all this fun guys???????????   :mad2:  :(  :wallbanging:  :poke: ................... :smilewink:

#6 DH1 OFFLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• Contributor
  • Member No: 62
  • 5,130 Thanks
  • 5,516 posts

Posted December 29, 2012 - 08:11 PM

Good stuff on the Massey blower, you got it working. :thumbs:

I got 2 of them sitting around doing nothing.

Looks like this yr were going to get some snow so maybe I should see if I can get 1 of mine working.

#7 FirefyterEmt OFFLINE  

FirefyterEmt

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 451 Thanks
  • 855 posts

Posted December 29, 2012 - 08:26 PM

Daniel.... that is why I saved my driveway snow for the morning!  I plan to grab a video of her blowing, but it's dark out and you would not see much.  But we have about 6" already and the forecast said it would snow until early morning. 

It is way more fun than the plow, and I am already LOVING the abuse down-grade the tractor is taking!  That 48" plow, combined with all the weight I have on her, really gave her hell!  That one storm we have two years back that dropped two feet on us was enough to bend the main tube for the plow push arm!  The reality here is that I just have no where to push snow! (except onto a sidewalk across the road) This is perfect for the new house, and I may just help the town out and plow out some of the sidewalks too.  I mean, just to be nice, right?

Now the only thing I can see that would be really nice is a cab!  That and a small sander for our hill would be nice!

• olcowhand said thank you

#8 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,599 Thanks
  • 14,140 posts

Posted December 29, 2012 - 09:16 PM

Sounds like you are enjoying your new attachment. I wonder if it's the same storm that's supposed to give us a foot or so tonight into tomorrow.  Looking forward to your video.

#9 Farmlife OFFLINE  

Farmlife

Tractor Whisperer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 12309
  • 1,233 Thanks
  • 1,461 posts

Posted December 30, 2012 - 07:26 AM

Glad to hear you had fun.  I had alota time spent fixin everyone elses snowblowers and finally got to use mine and the ol Ariens just kept goin....Love that thing....

#10 FirefyterEmt OFFLINE  

FirefyterEmt

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 451 Thanks
  • 855 posts

Posted December 30, 2012 - 05:02 PM

Here it is!

#11 backwoods OFFLINE  

backwoods