A fine good morning to you all. I was thumbing through ebay this morning and ran across this snowcaster. Several things caught my attention so I thought I'd get your take on things:
1) It seems like a fairly steep price. I'm used to seeing snowcasters run $250-$350. Am I missing something?
2) It would appear it's missing the bearing on the drive shaft near the drive pulley. Is it there but just hidden?
3) I'm accustomed to the S/N plate on the left hand side (facing the snowcaster) not on the right hand side down near the chute. Which is the customary place for the S/N plate?
4) The chute turn rod bracket has been modified; appears to have had a second piece added to raise the turn rod. Is this typical or a "personal" modification due to adding the cab? (In any case it gives me an idea for fixing my turn rod problem on my '71 444)
5) What do you surmise the eye bolts on the chute and chute deflector are for?
6) It may just be a blurry picture but the auger mounting hub doesn't appear to have holes around the edge for adjusting the clearance between the auger and the housing. Am I just seeing things?
Well there you have it. Thanks for clearing things up for me.