38 replies to this topic

#16 H. M. Murdock OFFLINE  

H. M. Murdock
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10484
  • 13 Thanks
  • 13 posts

Posted December 28, 2012 - 06:58 PM

Did your CC auction end or did you end it early?

Sounds like they pulled it pending contact from Ryan.

I wouldn't do anything thru the email, I would contact them directly and send them that screen shot.

• chris m said thank you

#17 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7087
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted December 28, 2012 - 07:10 PM

Did your CC auction end or did you end it early?

No, it was only about halfway through the 10 day auction.

#18 Jack OFFLINE  

Jack
  • Member No: 9304
  • 1,127 Thanks
  • 771 posts

Posted December 28, 2012 - 07:14 PM

That is absolutely a scam do not respond to it in any way.  They are trying to get your personal info.  You can forward it to spoof@ebay .com and they will check it.  I have gotten many of those over the years. They are all scams.  Ebay and Paypal will never ask you for any information like that. They will call you if there is a real problem.  If you ever need to email them always type in the address yourself or link to it from ebay never click on a link from an email.

Jack..

Edited by Jack, December 28, 2012 - 07:16 PM.

• IamSherwood and HDWildBill have said thanks

#19 chris m OFFLINE  

chris m

Tractorholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8148
  • 3,277 Thanks
  • 4,033 posts

Posted December 28, 2012 - 07:19 PM

After seeing that message it looks legit. If it was a scam they wouldn't have been able to cancel your auction half way through. Just contact them Ryan, I am sure they just want to verify your account.

#20 JRJ OFFLINE  

JRJ
  • Member No: 16399
  • 876 Thanks
  • 1,170 posts

Posted December 28, 2012 - 07:20 PM

Who can a person trust now days.

Dick

#21 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted December 28, 2012 - 07:25 PM

I will contact eBay and see what comes of it.

#22 Delmar OFFLINE  

Delmar
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5039
  • 2,316 Thanks
  • 2,412 posts

Posted December 28, 2012 - 07:32 PM

That is absolutely a scam do not respond to it in any way.  They are trying to get your personal info.  You can forward it to spoof@ebay .com and they will check it.  I have gotten many of those over the years. They are all scams.  Ebay and Paypal will never ask you for any information like that. They will call you if there is a real problem.  If you ever need to email them always type in the address yourself or link to it from ebay never click on a link from an email.

Jack..

I have bought and sold on ebay for about 5 years now, and Jack is right.  foward the email to spoof@ebay.com you got and they will tell you if is legit or not.  NEVER respond to ebay or paypal in your email....they don't do that.... they only send you messages IN your ebay and paypal account that you will see WHEN you are on your ebay or paypal site.  They will advertise once in a great while using email and that may come thru your email, but they won't ask you to respond to those ads.   anything you see with the paypal or ebay logo in you email foward it to spoof@ebay.com .

Edited by JBBR, December 28, 2012 - 07:38 PM.

#23 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,568 Thanks
  • 29,819 posts

Posted December 28, 2012 - 07:36 PM

Jack is exactly right.  foward the email to spoof@ebay.com you got and they will tell you if is legit or not.  NEVER respond to ebay or paypal in your email....they don't do that.... they only send you messages IN your ebay and paypal account.

I get one in my email, and in my ebay account at the same time.  I always do my reply through the ebay site though.

One important note....if it's ebay, the email will begin your ebay account name.  Spoofs almost always begin with "Dear Ebay User"......delete these immediately!

#24 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted December 28, 2012 - 07:45 PM

Called eBay, I am on hold now... but at least they are nice enough to give me some catchy tunes to make the wait a little less torturous!

#25 chris m OFFLINE  

chris m

Tractorholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8148
  • 3,277 Thanks
  • 4,033 posts

Posted December 28, 2012 - 07:50 PM

Who can a person trust now days.

Dick

God

• LTD said thank you

#26 Amigatec OFFLINE  

Amigatec

Collector of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5899
  • 2,023 Thanks
  • 3,172 posts

Posted December 28, 2012 - 07:57 PM

I have been on ebay for over 10 years, and I get these from time to time. This spammers are good these days.

#27 sacsr OFFLINE  

sacsr

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4776
  • 3,268 Thanks
  • 3,283 posts

Posted December 28, 2012 - 08:03 PM

Ryan I am assuming you went to the ebay site directly.....(not using the email links that you got).....and checked your messages there. I always go on ebay and verify the email sent is legit......99% of the time they are not and are scammers......if you did respond......and you can get into your account.....change your password immediately.

Maybe the better questions is can you sign into ebay now?? (directly not through any links from any email)

#28 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted December 28, 2012 - 08:04 PM

I was on the phone for 20 minutes and 43 seconds, still restricted. I don't know what the problem was, and the lady I spoke with on the phone was not much help. She said that it was a question of authenticity. I have just given up on it, I can still buy things (according to the person on the phone) but can't sell anything. I will just stick to selling things on craigslist I suppose!

#29 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted December 28, 2012 - 08:05 PM

Ryan I am assuming you went to the ebay site directly.....(not using the email links that you got).....and checked your messages there. I always go on ebay and verify the email sent is legit......99% of the time they are not and are scammers......if you did respond......and you can get into your account.....change your password immediately.

Maybe the better questions is can you sign into ebay now?? (directly not through any links from any email)

Yes, I can still log in. It was not a spammer, but I am going to change the password still.

#30 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,647 Thanks
  • 6,460 posts

Posted December 28, 2012 - 08:13 PM

I also get those and is SPAM.  They DO look real authentic, but when they give you an address to respond to that is not epay, I just delete. Theyalso use my REAL first name in the message along with my user name when it is real ebay!  Go to your homepage to look for info in mail box there. Called them????  Pretty   hard to find that number I bet! I've never seen a place to find one to call!