Okay guys. Haven't been signed in for a while. Real busy. Got a promotion, not sure if that's good or bad, but that's the way it's been.
Though I did manage to get one thing done, though it was weeks in the making. Wanted to get the panzer in shape for snow plowing, and the brakes hadn't been changed in 50 years.... So I took the brakes to be relined at Keystone Spring in Lawrenceville, PA. Though the real delay came when I went to put in an axle seal. I measured it and went out looking for a custom fit seal. The first place I went took the order, contacted me the next day to see if I was a business to charge sales tax, then contacted me later to tell me there was a 2 week lead time. Week and a half later, I call to check in on it and they tell me the minimum quantity is 100 which of course I don't need.
Then I ordered a different seal off drillspot.com. And for a while, I wasn't sure that it was going to come either, but it did yesterday and I was happy to see it go back together... albeit 5 weeks later.
I took some very poor pictures of the seal and the job, but all it took was cleaning up the inside of the brake backing plate with a dremel and one of those titanium grinding bits. Pics!