#16 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted January 05, 2013 - 07:43 PM

Yup, I am all about defeating your purposes of oversimplification in your posting responses LOL. You are quite welcome lol.

#17 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7087
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted January 06, 2013 - 04:08 PM

I went out and tried to do a test fit of the pipe into the spindle; the pipe is 0.003" to fat! I will have to have it turned down a little in a lathe.

I don't know what to call it exactly, I am going to call it the kingpin though. Whatever you want to call it, I made a sketch of it. The image in the PDF is sideways, it needs to be rotated clockwise one time (right click).

The 3 point arm end (blue) is welded to the topside of a PK axle (orange) that is cut to the the correct width. The strut (red) has two bolts on the backside that cause the strut to clamp down onto the piece of pipe (green) that goes inside of it. The pipe will have the partially threaded shaft that goes through the ball (red) in the 3 point arm end. On the threaded shaft will be a nut (black), the nut will be tightened down onto the ball, the ball and socket part of the 3 point arm will rotate when the wheels are turned.

Attached Files

• twostep said thank you

#18 KennyP OFFLINE  

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 27,630 Thanks
  • 39,004 posts

Posted January 06, 2013 - 04:41 PM

Looks good, Ryan. I would call it a strut, myself.