5 replies to this topic

#1 Ferrariguy OFFLINE  

Ferrariguy

• Member No: 1141
  • 4 Thanks
  • 6 posts

Posted September 02, 2010 - 04:45 PM

Hi,

Wasn't exactly sure where to post this, but thought the general section would be a good start. I am new to the world of garden tractors, at least new to the world of appreciating them, and not just cutting grass with them. I picked up a Cub Cadet 147 and a Sear SS16 with sickle bar mower. I plan on doing some restoration work this winter. I have restored a few 50s and 60s automobiles...but never a tractor. I know for cars the place to get part, advice, ideas, etc was swap meets. So my question is do they have these kind of events for tractors? How do I find out about them?

I'm located in Northeast PA

Thanks,

Mike

#2 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,700 Thanks
  • 17,207 posts

Posted September 02, 2010 - 06:25 PM

Welcome to the Forum, Mike :welcometogttalk:

You will find there are many knowledgeable people on here.
We would love to see some pictures and hear more about your Garden tractors!
There are quite a few shows that come up for garden tractors. To see what's comming up check out our EVENTS forum.

#3 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted September 02, 2010 - 07:05 PM

There are tractor and equipment swap meets / auctions around. I'm in Northwestern PA and we have one local, just across the line in Rogers, Ohio and I heard of one in the Dayton, OH area as well. Watch your local free classified paper (that seems to be the place that they're advertised the most around here anyway) and I'm sure you'll find something closer to home. Best of luck!

#4 bhts OFFLINE  

bhts

Bob's Lawn and Garden Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 945
  • 1,413 Thanks
  • 2,117 posts

Posted September 02, 2010 - 07:43 PM

There are three of them over here this weekend.One in lima one in west liberty and one around jamestown should be hitting them all.

#5 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted September 03, 2010 - 10:02 AM

There are shows all the time and it is a great way to meet new people and make some new friends. You can also get a lot of advice and there are almost always people selling parts and tractors at the shows. Some have auctions too. With you being in Northeastern, PA you can check out the Williams Grove show which is going on now till Monday, though there are more farm tractors then garden tractors they have a big auction I believe on Saturday and there are always gt's in the mix. The other one to check out is the Fawn Grove Olde tyme days fall show which is coming up and is strictly garden tractors for the fall show.

#6 Byron R OFFLINE  

Byron R

• Member No: 57
  • 57 Thanks
  • 120 posts

Posted September 03, 2010 - 03:41 PM

I hope i'm not breaking any rules here ..but I would suggest buying a Farm Show Directory..there about $15 now but last for years as all shows are heald at same time every year..Mostly Antique Tractor and Engine related..but most all shows have lots of GT's and parts...Here's a on-line list of shows...not all shows are listed on-line..as i think that costs the clubs extra.... Farm Collector ...Hope this helps ..Byron