#16 nra1ifer OFFLINE  

nra1ifer

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 383
  • 669 Thanks
  • 1,530 posts

Posted September 03, 2010 - 12:10 PM

Yes, let's hope it's just a good rain storm by the time it gets to your neighborhood.

Speaking of your neighborhood, I was looking at your area via Google Maps. I bet that is a beautiful place, huh? (maybe not in the winter time?)

#17 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted September 03, 2010 - 02:12 PM

Yes, let's hope it's just a good rain storm by the time it gets to your neighborhood.

Speaking of your neighborhood, I was looking at your area via Google Maps. I bet that is a beautiful place, huh? (maybe not in the winter time?)

Actually it's not that bad in the winter either,a foot or so of snow is average these days,and only lasts from about the 1st of December to about the middle or so of March.

#18 powerking56 OFFLINE  

powerking56

Collector of stuff

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 359
  • 907 Thanks
  • 1,805 posts

Posted September 03, 2010 - 03:11 PM

Heavy cloud cover moving in here now, rain and some wind forecast for late tonight but we are 65 or so miles inland from the coast, shouldn't be too bad here,
one of the guys here at work took yesterday off to go down to Cape Cod with his dad to board up and lift everything in the family cottage as far of the floors as they could.
The storm surge will be coming in on the rising tide, they figure the cottage will have water in it later tonight. they sit 250 feet from the shore.
Hope all goes OK for every one in the Maritimes!!
Peter