4 replies to this topic

#1 bigcountry48 OFFLINE  

bigcountry48
  • GTt Junior
  • Member No: 10316
  • 101 Thanks
  • 207 posts

Posted December 26, 2012 - 11:28 PM

Alright guys, I spent all day stripping and priming, and the model 6 is ready for paint. I just need to know, what parts are painted what color? I have seen a couple restored super 600s with white handle bars, blue clutch lever and linkages, blue tranny, blue engine mount, and white kick stands. I havent been ablr to locate any pictures of a restored model 6, but the picures all show blue handle bars, tranny, engine mount, engine, the only white things are the clutch lever and linkage and the wheels. Which of these is correct for the model 6? Lastly don't worry about giving me colors, I have already chosen those. All help is appreciated, and pictures are very welcomed! Thanks, and looking forward to replies!

Which of these are closest to original?

A:

DB super 600.JPG

B:

DB model 6.jpg

C:

DB model super 6.jpg

PS: pictures of primed and painted parts coming soon!

Edited by bigcountry48, December 26, 2012 - 11:35 PM.

#2 Lauber1 OFFLINE  

Lauber1

DB restorer

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4926
  • 3,456 Thanks
  • 2,801 posts

Posted December 27, 2012 - 01:22 AM

Well that going to be hard to answer the way you have presented it. The tractors in your pictures arent the same model and are not pianted the same. Since it appears that  you have gone to Nelson's site and downloaded the pictures, you need to go back and read the copy............where it tells you what color the handles were, or the rims, or many other things about the tractor. All Db models are identified by the 917. xxxxx number. You havent stated a model other than "6", so im not sure which tractor your working with. I'll guess and say its a 139, or 917.575139, but it could be any tractor from 138 to 144. Each one was a differnt model and has a differnt model number on its tag. all but the last one used a briggs engine.

The last 2 photo are orginal tractors, that havent been restored.

#3 bigcountry48 OFFLINE  

bigcountry48
  • GTt Junior
  • Member No: 10316
  • 101 Thanks
  • 207 posts

Posted December 27, 2012 - 09:04 AM

The tractor is a 917.575138, and the last picture is a model 917.575.138. So should I paint it according to that?

#4 Amigatec OFFLINE  

Amigatec

Collector of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5899
  • 2,023 Thanks
  • 3,172 posts

Posted December 27, 2012 - 12:05 PM

I think I would, or at least close. I used IH red and JD green on mine. The green should be a bit lighter, but I didn't want to max two colored together.

#5 Lauber1 OFFLINE  

Lauber1

DB restorer

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4926
  • 3,456 Thanks
  • 2,801 posts

Posted December 28, 2012 - 02:28 AM

your tractor, being a 138 should be a blue chassie and handles, with white wheels. The last picture is of a 144 tractor, using a Tec engine.  The middle picture is your tractor.  All this being said, its your tractor and you can paint it any color you wish, but if your going for orginal as built condition, then you need the colors above.