Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

I Am Almost Kinda Sorta On My Way To Being Ready For The Snow!

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16 daytime dave ONLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted December 27, 2012 - 11:23 PM

Sorry to hear you had trouble Ryan.  The first photograph seems to hint at that, you look pissed.  I am always wondering in the back of my head if something will go wrong when I use the beloved old iron.  I had that feeling today when the 318 pooped out.  I had just gotten out to remove snow from the top of the blower unit and it died.  I had put gas in when I started, but I did not fill it.  Boy that Onan is thirsty.  Three gallons later and I was back in business.

This ethanol gas craps up all the carbs.  I put seafoam in, but it can only do so much.  I've noticed effects on all my stuff.

At least you had a back up.  I'd like to see the set up on the ATV.  I saw an ATV with a snowblower a while back.

Edited by daytime dave, December 27, 2012 - 11:24 PM.

#17 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7087
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted December 28, 2012 - 10:59 AM

... you look pissed...

The pictures where taken before I had any problems. I was mad because my brother kept trying to give me advice on how to plow. Once we took out the four wheeler, I told him to do it. He was on it for about 5 minutes and he gave up; do you think he said anything to me after that? :rolling:

#18 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted December 28, 2012 - 02:40 PM

After looking at the pictures again, I was reminded of something; the chains need to be adjusted again! When I put them on I had to hold the tire up and put the chains on. Needless to say, I did not get them on very well.

#19 David Brown OFFLINE  

David Brown

I said I work on them. I never said I fix them!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8570
  • 4,219 Thanks
  • 2,316 posts

Posted December 28, 2012 - 03:50 PM

If your tires are loaded, just jack one wheel up off the ground and work the chains until they are tight.  That's how I do it and it works quite well.  If they are not loaded, let some air out, tighten the chains and inflate.  They will never move!

#20 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted December 28, 2012 - 03:52 PM

If your tires are loaded, just jack one wheel up off the ground and work the chains until they are tight.  That's how I do it and it works quite well.  If they are not loaded, let some air out, tighten the chains and inflate.  They will never move!

That is exactly how I normally do it. I took them off this time because they had all kinds of junk and debris frozen into the links. I wanted to put them into the basement where it's warm so everything could melt off. And, the tractor was just a little bit to wide to fit through the door. :D

• Moosetales said thank you

#21 countryboy88 OFFLINE  

countryboy88
  • Member No: 8702
  • 77 Thanks
  • 132 posts

Posted December 28, 2012 - 03:55 PM

And, the tractor was just a little bit to wide to fit through the door. :D   

Time for a bigger door.   :D