#1 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,659 Thanks
  • 6,470 posts

Posted December 26, 2012 - 06:30 PM

Took the ole' GT14 out in snow today. Not much to push, mostly drifts. This is in NE Idiana. Afew notes:  The throttle doesn't seem to want to say out and can't get the twist-lock fixture to work on it, so had to mess with pulling that all the time. The blade lift lever (hydro) seems backwards wanting me to push forward to raise blade, instead of backwards like my PK which seems more normal to me. I  have 15" tires and no chains and it did good with little slipping. Trying to run with travel control and blade lift in each hand and steering or NOT, with the Other hand (heh) is  hard to do. I'm used to foot control J-deere in past and is MUCH nicer for plowing work. But it had a manaul long throw blade control which I hated. This GT14 started very hard only after charging batt all night and cranking and cranking. Finally hit with St. fluid and it popped right off, taking awhile to warm up and run right. Ran out of gas in first 3 minutes, thinking I had filled the tank, but guess not!! Duh!  A few pix here!  P.S.  Not a red horse, this is rare MM experimental one. Ha! :smilewink: 

Attached Thumbnails

• First Snow plowing 2012 001.jpg
  • First Snow plowing 2012 002.jpg
  • First Snow plowing 2012 005.jpg
  • First Snow plowing 2012 006.jpg
  • First Snow plowing 2012 004.jpg

• MH81 said thank you

#2 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted December 26, 2012 - 09:23 PM

It looks like it was doing a great job for you. Does the lift control have a float. That is usually configured past the down position on the valve. If you have the cylinder lines connected backwards then the valve will work opposite as well. 

#3 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,271 Thanks
  • 28,609 posts

Posted December 26, 2012 - 09:29 PM

Looks like the horse is working well for you.  Any idea why it's a hard start?  Choke working OK?

KK's Throttle does that work-in thing also.  I am watching for another cable for her, but until then, I put a couple of crimps in the cable sheath out of site and it's much better.  Start ssqueezing with a pair of visegrips.  Go a little at a time until you get the right feel.  I think this is why I've seen several kinked behind the dash too.

#4 KC9KAS OFFLINE  

KC9KAS
  • Member No: 10038
  • 4,783 Thanks
  • 4,303 posts

Posted December 27, 2012 - 07:25 PM

Like Brian mentioned.....If you want your hydraulic control to work opposite from the way it is now, just swap the 2 lines on the valve that go to the cylinder......OR if the lines are long enough, it would be easier to swap them at the cylinder!

I added a second valve & cylinder for my 3 pt lift on my GT-14 and it was a real bear to deal with all the hoses & fittings in a really small area.

#5 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,659 Thanks
  • 6,470 posts

Posted December 29, 2012 - 03:37 PM

Ok, 2nd time out for little snow today!  Got the  14 out and quit once, then acted lik it was gonna r out ofgas many times while trying to use it. SO, pulled stuff from garage, got out the Charger 12 and put back the GT14 for now. Charger started up easy (er) and worked pretty good. Did you know Chains will pound your organs bad?  Went to let out a little air in rear tires and green liquid came out, so guess they are loaded?  Left them alone. Manual lift is hard on old guys like me with bad shoulder. You Can go too fast with a hydro for snow pushing if not careful!  Diff tractors have controls  in diff places and hard to recall which one you are driving when under stress! Ha! :smilewink: 

Took  it around to front where PK was running. Shut PK off and used the Charger then. You really can push alot of snow with one of these. They don't seem to balk at all when hitting the former banks left and can push them back even More!  Cool! :thumbs: Here's couple shots. One shot of tractor and GT14 behind in garage. Lots of room!

Attached Thumbnails

• 2nd snow outing 001.jpg
  • 2nd snow outing 002.jpg
  • 2nd snow outing 003.jpg
  • Ramps 004.jpg