Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Tecumseh Intake Baffle Carburetor Isolator Plate?

isolator plate. tecumseh

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,699 Thanks
  • 8,555 posts

Posted December 27, 2012 - 11:46 AM

Alan when I was younger. same type of thing happened. I said hmm I'll just hook a hose to the hot water heater and melt all that ice! Needless to say our driveway could have been used for ice skating after I was done. I had no clue back then that hot water freezes faster than cold water LOL.

When I was a kid we had neighbors that had a pretty steep driveway.  When it got real cold they would turn on the water hose and let it run down their driveway all night.  The next morning all the kids would congregate at their house for hot chocolate and loads of fun sliding down that drive on anything we could get our hands on.

#17 H. M. Murdock OFFLINE  

H. M. Murdock
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10484
  • 13 Thanks
  • 13 posts

Posted December 28, 2012 - 08:18 AM

Did the parts come in yet?

#18 robert_p43 OFFLINE  

robert_p43
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 11040
  • 572 Thanks
  • 534 posts

Posted December 28, 2012 - 09:28 AM

Oh no, not yet.  I ordered them 2 days ago from Sears parts direct.  The shipping email that I recieved yesterday showed 2 items shipped and the other 2 being shipped form 2 different locations.  I have a governor spring a new gromet for the points, condenser, and kill wire, an new ignition switch, which is just a 2 post for kill wire, and a 2 pack of flywheel keys.

Once inside, I'll pull the fuel tank and holder back off, needs to come off to pull the head.  I'll pull the carb back off and also the cooling cover, (Shroud.)  Pull the head and decarbon everything and check the condition of the valves and cylinder wall.  If all is OK, then new head gasket and put everything back together, this time, using new gaskets on the intake. :thumbs:

• MH81 said thank you

#19 robert_p43 OFFLINE  

robert_p43
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 11040
  • 572 Thanks
  • 534 posts

Posted December 28, 2012 - 07:36 PM

I got the shipping tracking email.  The spring and gromet should arrive late next Wednesday, The switch on Thursday, The flywheel keys on Friday.   That big ol' UPS truck has to come out here 3 times for 4 tiny objects.  No wonder shipping costs so much with these places.

• MH81 said thank you