#17 IHCubGuy OFFLINE  

IHCubGuy

Tractorholic

• Member No: 3438
  • 1,356 Thanks
  • 1,474 posts

Posted January 06, 2013 - 08:17 PM

the numbers say 351520-R7

That number is a casting number and not the serial number.  The serial number is stamped with a letter punch on the side of the transmssion  housing reading from bottom to top.  They were stamped by hand so they will not look perfect like a machine would do them.  Clean up the area on the right side of transmission as you are sitting on it and look real close for it.  The engine is most definately a replacement.  I'm not sure what you have in there but it's not a K series Kohler.  There should be a pulley onthe front of the engine to drive the mower deck.  The hood from the picture doesn't look like it is correct.  The hood's on an Original should be straight up and down on the front edge and your's is cut back at an angle by the looks of the picture.  It could be from a newer cub or just modified.  A better picture of the front of it would tell for sure.  The other thing I see is the front axle.  Can you take a better picture of it and also a picture of the spindles on it.  From the pictures it looks to be an earlier style front axle and not the latter style. 

It's a nice clean unit and should make a good usable tractor for you.  My dad and I own 4 Originals and they are good little tractors.  I wouldn't worry about getting parts for it too much.  You should still be able get almost anything you need for them yet.  At least I was able to the last I needed parts.  And if you can't find new there is a boatload of good used parts out there for them.  Do you have a picture of the mower deck and mule drive by chance?

• Mitchel said thank you

#18 Mitchel OFFLINE  

Mitchel
  • GTt Junior
  • Member No: 19972
  • 5 Thanks
  • 39 posts

Posted January 07, 2013 - 04:54 PM

thats the only picture of the front i have. will have to go out and get some pictures

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG004.jpg

#19 Mitchel OFFLINE  

Mitchel
  • GTt Junior
  • 5 Thanks
  • 39 posts

Posted January 15, 2013 - 10:02 PM

so ive been doing some research. i think i have an original, but it has a kohler magnum from the 70's in it. numbers on the tranny say 43700

#20 IHCubGuy OFFLINE  

IHCubGuy

Tractorholic

• 1,356 Thanks
  • 1,474 posts

Posted January 15, 2013 - 10:14 PM

No need to think it.  You DO indeed have an Original.  From your serial number you have one that was built in october of 62.

• Mitchel said thank you

#21 Mitchel OFFLINE  

Mitchel
  • GTt Junior
  • 5 Thanks
  • 39 posts

Posted January 15, 2013 - 10:17 PM

do you know how the clutch on the front works? mine wont disengage. i was hoping to cut the grass with it

#22 IHCubGuy OFFLINE  

IHCubGuy

Tractorholic

• 1,356 Thanks
  • 1,474 posts

Posted January 17, 2013 - 05:40 PM

Post up a good picture of the clutch that it has on the front of it.  An Original would not normally have a mower clutch on the front ot the engine.  They had only a pulley on them normally with a belt that ran down to the mower deck and then there was a clutch on the deck that was operated by your foot.  It is possible with the changed engine that it has a different clutch on it from a later tractor like a model 70.  Just to be sure though a picture will help to identify what you have.