Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Christmas Season Brings Out The Loonies!

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#16 jd.rasentrac OFFLINE  

jd.rasentrac

Admirer of DEERE enjoyneering and design!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10327
  • 4,441 Thanks
  • 3,988 posts

Posted December 24, 2012 - 12:05 PM

is there no civilisation? why does everybody need a gun? poor people!

#17 Amigatec OFFLINE  

Amigatec

Collector of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5899
  • 2,023 Thanks
  • 3,172 posts

Posted December 24, 2012 - 12:29 PM

I am at today, and I was sitting in my Bus outside the back door when a delivery van pulls up, I see him here almost daily. Well a few minutes later a Cop comes up to talk to me. It seems that while the driver was inside making his delivery, somebody jumped in the van and took off.

#18 oldedeeres ONLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 5,836 Thanks
  • 3,185 posts

Posted December 24, 2012 - 12:30 PM

We agree completely, Farmer John. Our youngest son is a fire fighter and we know the dangers they face every time they go on a call-- shouldn't have to worry about idiots as well! We would love to see the death penalty back for gun crimes (as well as for a few other things), but that's another topic. No offence intended, but criminals "rights" have gotten out of hand. An "outlaw" is just that, outside the law, and does not deserve the protection of the law.

#19 David Brown OFFLINE  

David Brown

I said I work on them. I never said I fix them!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8570
  • 4,217 Thanks
  • 2,314 posts

Posted December 24, 2012 - 12:39 PM

This made our news down here today at noon.  Seems they found the shooter dead of course.  At first, it makes you angry, like he got away with it.  The way I see it, what's happening to him/her/ them now is worse than anything that man could ever put them through.  Pray for the families of the fire fighters who will not be there for their families this Christmas.

• MH81 said thank you

#20 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,250 Thanks
  • 28,599 posts

Posted December 24, 2012 - 01:00 PM

We've been dealing with something just as senseless, but not as public here. I knew this man, have always respected him, and can't get my head wrapped around him being involved in anything bad. No one is even suggesting he was anything other than wrong place, wrong time.

http://m.meadvilletr...ntguid=5IwoeQA0

People talking that knew him sumize that he was giving someone a lift or helping a "Stranded Motorist" something non-nefarious. He was like that, would stop to help someone or even go out of his way for another human being.

We live in small town USA, this stuff just doesn't happen here...

#21 daytime dave OFFLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted December 24, 2012 - 01:27 PM

We live in small town USA, this stuff just doesn't happen here...

I wish that were still true Alan, I truly do.

• MH81 said thank you

#22 Team_Green OFFLINE  

Team_Green
  • Member No: 10410
  • 2,211 Thanks
  • 2,305 posts

Posted December 24, 2012 - 03:02 PM

is there no civilisation? why does everybody need a gun? poor people!

I use mine for feeding my family and preventing wild animals from killing my cattle, dogs..

• olcowhand and jd.rasentrac have said thanks

#23 Amigatec OFFLINE  

Amigatec

Collector of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5899
  • 2,023 Thanks
  • 3,172 posts

Posted December 24, 2012 - 03:20 PM

I keep mine handy for protection.

#24 jd.rasentrac OFFLINE  

jd.rasentrac

Admirer of DEERE enjoyneering and design!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10327
  • 4,441 Thanks
  • 3,988 posts

Posted December 24, 2012 - 03:23 PM

I use mine for feeding my family and preventing wild animals from killing my cattle, dogs..

we have lynxes and other wild animals, too. but no wild dogs. for using weapons here you need a license, which is very hard to get.

this is one of the elemantar differences between europe (and we have to much private weapons, too) and the states - no one here really needs a weapon. and if i have trouble with my neighor, we drink a beer and the probs are forgotten! i think, this is the better way - but its only my personal opinion.

btw: loonies see the easy handling with guns in the BS movies. maybe they are not able to distinguish between movie and reality...

• Amigatec and Team_Green have said thanks

#25 shorty ONLINE  

shorty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6172
  • 3,526 Thanks
  • 3,917 posts

Posted December 24, 2012 - 03:41 PM

btw: loonies see the easy handling with guns in the BS movies. maybe they are not able to distinguish between movie and reality...

I think you really got a good way to say it. When I was growing up I was never allowed to have a BB gun. But on the flip side we had rifles and handguns which I got to use at a young age. My parents thought this way taught us how to respect the power of a gun. Never learned any sloppy gun habits.

• jd.rasentrac said thank you

#26 Dieselcubmike OFFLINE  

Dieselcubmike
  • Member No: 11127
  • 1,327 Thanks
  • 1,511 posts

Posted December 24, 2012 - 04:23 PM

My thoughts and prayers go out to all the firefighters and their families this holiday season. You will be remembered. GOD BLESS

• Amigatec and WNYTractorTinkerer have said thanks

#27 WNYTractorTinkerer OFFLINE  

WNYTractorTinkerer

Tinker Master

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10789
  • 8,302 Thanks
  • 4,657 posts

Posted December 24, 2012 - 07:52 PM

is there no civilization? why does everybody need a gun? poor people!

If they outlaw guns--->  Only outlaws will have guns??  

Assault weapons ARE questionable though..  The TV's here have been abuzz with coverage all day..  It's awful for something like this to happen Christmas eve..  In total 7 lakefront homes were burnt down..  The surviving two firefighters are doing OK but it sounds like one may lose his lower leg..  Time will tell..  The dude that did this was convicted of killing his grandmother back in 1981 & served his time but really showed no signs that this was coming as reported by friends & family members..  His sister is missing as well..  Terrible..  I'll say a prayer for all of those folks affected by this terrible event today..   :(

#28 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,588 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted December 24, 2012 - 09:04 PM

Same here, and I always will!  I wish the police had gotten to put the gunman down like the rabid dog he was!

#29 farmer john OFFLINE  

farmer john
  • Member No: 11605
  • 1,715 Thanks
  • 868 posts

Posted December 24, 2012 - 11:08 PM

thanks very much for your vote of confidence, but thats one thankless job i could do without, but i would not mind filling in for arnold though. on a more somber note it really is tragic for these familys, whats the world coming to when you get shot doing a heros job? that should be the least of your worries considering how dangerous that job is to begin with, how many more people will this effect by firemen spending a few minutes looking over their shoulders, when others are running from danger hey run head first into it, it take a special person

#30 broken2 OFFLINE  

broken2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 85
  • 279 Thanks
  • 425 posts

Posted December 24, 2012 - 11:09 PM

This scumbag was convicted in 1981 of beating his 92 year old grandmother to death with a hammer. His recent act of violence was preventable and even foreseeable, what kind of system lets a freak like this back into society. Outlawing hammers would not have prevented this guy from hurting someone else.

Here's a link to the article:      http://news.yahoo.co...-163105823.html

Edited by broken2, January 16, 2013 - 06:31 PM.