Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Christmas Season Brings Out The Loonies!

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 WNYTractorTinkerer ONLINE  

WNYTractorTinkerer

Tinker Master

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10789
  • 8,295 Thanks
  • 4,654 posts

Posted December 24, 2012 - 10:26 AM

A couple poor souls who have dedicated their lives to serve others who need help paid dearly this morning close to my town this morning trying to fight a fire up by the lake..  

http://www.cnn.com/2...ting/?hpt=us_c1

Edited by WNYTractorTinkerer, December 24, 2012 - 10:26 AM.

#2 David Brown OFFLINE  

David Brown

I said I work on them. I never said I fix them!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8570
  • 4,217 Thanks
  • 2,314 posts

Posted December 24, 2012 - 10:33 AM

What a terrible thing!  Ya know, life is tough enough so why do certain people have to go to such extremes to make it harder?  Sad, sad story.

• WNYTractorTinkerer said thank you

#3 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,347 Thanks
  • 39,628 posts

Posted December 24, 2012 - 10:34 AM

That is sad to hear, especially today!

#4 Littledeere OFFLINE  

Littledeere

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2778
  • 1,545 Thanks
  • 1,443 posts

Posted December 24, 2012 - 11:04 AM

That's just nuts it's a shame they are putting there lives on the line just fighting fires and to add this to it{it's a sad day } 

Edited by Littledeere, December 24, 2012 - 11:04 AM.

#5 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,697 Thanks
  • 8,555 posts

Posted December 24, 2012 - 11:13 AM

It is one thing for a firefighter to lose his life in a fire but completely senseless for them to be shot by a sniper. I sure hope they get the individual(s) and throw the book at them.

#6 farmer john OFFLINE  

farmer john
  • Member No: 11605
  • 1,715 Thanks
  • 868 posts

Posted December 24, 2012 - 11:15 AM

very sad, up here in canada we have gun control, but somehow the idiots and criminals still get them, i agree gun control works for law abiding people, but whats the point, stop the madness reintroduce the automatic death penalty for deaths involving a gun during a crime, automatic 10 years prison sentence for crimes involving a weapon  of any kind, and automatic 5 year sentence for carrying a gun unlawfully, criminals dont get consealed weapons permits, that way the wimpy judges are bound to the minimums and these people will think twice or go to jail for a long time, also make prison a punishment not a holiday camp that they brag about, to all you bleeding hearts talking about prisoner rights they had rights as free people they do not deserve to be treated better than upstanding members of the community no matter what their social statis is , in England one judge got so tired of razor slashings he posted in the paper all offences with razors would be doubled he started sentencing at 1 year then 2 then 4 then 8 then 16, suddenly the razor slashing stopped, wonder why? it takes someone with guts to standup to all the reformists, let them deal with the loss of a loved one and see which side they run to. just my thoughts, not meaning to offend,

• broken2, Texas Deere and Horse, IamSherwood and 4 others have said thanks

#7 Gtractor ONLINE  

Gtractor

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 6,570 Thanks
  • 3,895 posts

Posted December 24, 2012 - 11:21 AM

I've always believed there is a special place in Hell for certain kinds of evil criminals.

• olcowhand and Team_Green have said thanks

#8 Team_Green OFFLINE  

Team_Green
  • Member No: 10410
  • 2,211 Thanks
  • 2,305 posts

Posted December 24, 2012 - 11:23 AM

My heart goes out to all those involved in this horrible crime..  As for the shooters, if when they get caught.. They should be put down like a crazed yotie..  That sure sounds like (reads like) Those guys wanted something to burn up. I'm waiting to hear they found a body in the building...

#9 Team_Green OFFLINE  

Team_Green
  • Member No: 10410
  • 2,211 Thanks
  • 2,305 posts

Posted December 24, 2012 - 11:25 AM

very sad, up here in canada we have gun control, but somehow the idiots and criminals still get them, i agree gun control works for law abiding people, but whats the point, stop the madness reintroduce the automatic death penalty for deaths involving a gun during a crime, automatic 10 years prison sentence for crimes involving a weapon  of any kind, and automatic 5 year sentence for carrying a gun unlawfully, criminals dont get consealed weapons permits, that way the wimpy judges are bound to the minimums and these people will think twice or go to jail for a long time, also make prison a punishment not a holiday camp that they brag about, to all you bleeding hearts talking about prisoner rights they had rights as free people they do not deserve to be treated better than upstanding members of the community no matter what their social statis is , in England one judge got so tired of razor slashings he posted in the paper all offences with razors would be doubled he started sentencing at 1 year then 2 then 4 then 8 then 16, suddenly the razor slashing stopped, wonder why? it takes someone with guts to standup to all the reformists, let them deal with the loss of a loved one and see which side they run to. just my thoughts, not meaning to offend,

Only problem with gun control.. is they don't take ballistics of each gun when you buy it. So really what good is it doing. All they have is a list of guns each of us own and now they know where to go to get the guns.   

I'd rather be judged by 12 then carried by 6..  

#10 broken2 OFFLINE  

broken2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 85
  • 279 Thanks
  • 425 posts

Posted December 24, 2012 - 11:27 AM

I was just about to to head out to Webster NY ( about 20mins. from my home) to do some last minute Chrismas shopping when I noticed this post, I hadn't seen the news today. I've got the news on now, might have to go somewhere else as it seems they haven't caught the scumbag yet. When they catch him I hope they take him to the firehouse for awhile before they bring him in so the firefighters can have a little "talk" with him.

• Team_Green said thank you

#11 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,347 Thanks
  • 39,628 posts

Posted December 24, 2012 - 11:31 AM

Just my opinion, but they should slow roast the sucker while the fire fighters get to take pot shots at him!

• HDWildBill said thank you

#12 broken2 OFFLINE  

broken2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 85
  • 279 Thanks
  • 425 posts

Posted December 24, 2012 - 11:31 AM

I nominate farmer john for president of the united states. Just say you were born in Hawaii, it won't be a problem.

Edited by broken2, December 24, 2012 - 11:32 AM.

• farmer john said thank you

#13 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,347 Thanks
  • 39,628 posts

Posted December 24, 2012 - 11:47 AM

I nominate farmer john for president of the united states. Just say you were born in Hawaii, it won't be a problem.

:bigrofl: :bigrofl:

Yep, that works!

#14 daytime dave OFFLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted December 24, 2012 - 11:47 AM

That is a wild story.  Who would do that?

Farmer John, thanks to mostly downstate sensibilities, NY doesn't have a death penalty anymore.  

I feel badly for the firefighters and their families and they will be in my thoughts this holiday season.

#15 shorty ONLINE  

shorty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6172
  • 3,508 Thanks
  • 3,905 posts

Posted December 24, 2012 - 11:59 AM

What is coming next. Volunteer firefighters get called out to help in all kinds of situations because they will respond. How sick a person has  to be to sit and wait for them. Just another wacko trying to outdo another and make the headlines. Our thoughts and prayers go to the families and friends of the firefighters.