17 replies to this topic

#1 Mitchel OFFLINE  

Mitchel
  • GTt Junior
  • Member No: 19972
  • 5 Thanks
  • 39 posts

Posted December 22, 2012 - 02:08 AM

http://chatham-kent....QAdIdZ422758399 asked him if he wanted to trade a huskee lawnmower and my massey sled. he said yes. good potential?

#2 Dieselcubmike OFFLINE  

Dieselcubmike
  • Member No: 11127
  • 1,327 Thanks
  • 1,511 posts

Posted December 22, 2012 - 02:19 AM

Looks cool but nothing much there. It has a weak frame and was probably never pulled before. More than likely it was put together then decided to sell it. Not sure what kind or rearend (im assuming it has a weak transmission in it) and does it run? In my opinion it would be good to play around with in the yard but to make into a puller would require a good bit of work depending on your local clubs rules. So not alot of potential there unless you have time to invest and some cash.

#3 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted December 22, 2012 - 07:48 AM

The rear end is the unknown here. It looks like it was a cheap Mastercraft mower and if it has the stock rear end that Rotax twin (24hp)? will tear it up pretty quick. He did do a pretty nice job of stuffing the drive in under the hood though. It looks like it has an ATV front end on it so the entire frame may not be what it appears. It may not be eligible as a puller. I'd check that carefully before buying.

#4 KC9KAS OFFLINE  

KC9KAS
  • Member No: 10038
  • 4,783 Thanks
  • 4,303 posts

Posted December 22, 2012 - 09:14 AM

I noticed a variable speed drive off of the engine output shaft too. Probably quick & fast, but for how long?

#5 Gtractor ONLINE  

Gtractor

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 6,609 Thanks
  • 3,910 posts

Posted December 22, 2012 - 09:58 AM

Looks like a fun toy but don't drive it until you have wheelie bars installed. If those tiny tires ever hooked up it'll be upside down and on top of you.

#6 skyrydr2 ONLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5032
  • 3,408 Thanks
  • 3,158 posts

Posted December 22, 2012 - 10:37 AM

I would check out the rules for ypur club you want to pull with, most want stock drivetrains of the chassis used .I have run rigs like that for fun and its hard to keep the engine making power when its hot out.

#7 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted December 22, 2012 - 10:47 AM

I noticed a variable speed drive off of the engine output shaft too. Probably quick & fast, but for how long?

That looks like the drive train from the original skidoo. I'm sure it would be really fast. If you've ever driven a skidoo from that era they were pretty fun and could accelerate quite hard. It brings back some fun memories!

#8 Mitchel OFFLINE  

Mitchel
  • GTt Junior
  • 5 Thanks
  • 39 posts

Posted December 22, 2012 - 11:32 AM

i was thinking of running a straight axle with a sprocket and brake disk. if it doesnt already have one.

#9 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,269 Thanks
  • 28,607 posts

Posted December 22, 2012 - 12:08 PM

asked him if he wanted to trade a huskee lawnmower and my massey sled. he said yes. good potential?

Unless it's something you really, really want... I'm pretty sure he would be getting the better of the deal.

#10 Mitchel OFFLINE  

Mitchel
  • GTt Junior
  • 5 Thanks
  • 39 posts

Posted December 22, 2012 - 03:17 PM

nevermind. not getting it. im 15 and dont have a license and he wont deliver it.. which sucks

#11 LTD OFFLINE  

LTD

Cub Cadet Collector

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5951
  • 1,028 Thanks
  • 1,455 posts

Posted December 22, 2012 - 07:47 PM

nevermind. not getting it. im 15 and dont have a license and he wont deliver it.. which sucks

I know how that goes. I got my license 6 months ago and it is great to be able to just get in my truck and go get whatever I need,whenever I need it. You may want to keep an eye out on your local Craigslist for a gear drive Cub Cadet. They make really good pullers.

#12 Mitchel OFFLINE  

Mitchel
  • GTt Junior
  • 5 Thanks
  • 39 posts

Posted December 22, 2012 - 08:13 PM

ive hoped on the chatham kent craigslist and there isnt never anything good. im always on kijiji though and whenever there is a good mower they want an arm and a leg

#13 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted December 22, 2012 - 08:22 PM

ive hoped on the chatham kent craigslist and there isnt never anything good. im always on kijiji though and whenever there is a good mower they want an arm and a leg

Welcome to the GT hobby in Canada! The prices seem to be a lot higher up here than in the US. You can still find deals but many of them are never advertised and those that are get scooped up pretty quick.

#14 Mitchel OFFLINE  

Mitchel
  • GTt Junior
  • 5 Thanks
  • 39 posts

Posted December 22, 2012 - 08:32 PM

yea. its always good to have connections too. one of my best friends knows everyone. he knows a guy with a barn full of old mowers and tractors. just need to find the time to head out there

#15 baerpath OFFLINE  

baerpath
  • Member No: 10928
  • 314 Thanks
  • 514 posts

Posted December 24, 2012 - 03:44 PM

I know how that goes. I got my license 6 months ago and it is great to be able to just get in my truck and go get whatever I need,whenever I need it. You may want to keep an eye out on your local Craigslist for a gear drive Cub Cadet. They make really good pullers.

Depends on who you ask LOL
Bring your cub down when we pull in Earlville this year
Duane