17 replies to this topic

#16 coldone OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 839
  • 1,630 Thanks
  • 1,668 posts

Posted December 24, 2012 - 02:06 PM

Day 2. Not much to report yet. Stuck on netflix ATM. Havent had time to look ar the other subscription available. There are alot of "channels" available fo roku. Some free and some Pay. The "channels" are really just apps that give you acess to other areas. HuluPlus, netflix, amazon prime are just a few. They come preselected/installed on the box but you need to subscribe to them to gain the acess to watch. We already had netflix. I want to explore huluplus and amazon prime. Amazon prime is a yearly fee of $79 and it opens up some free stuff on the amazon site including stuff for the kindle. Another neat channel is crackle tha has some free movies on it, of course its the older stuff. VUDU is installed also which it is nothing more that vidoe on demand for HD movies.

I think you will have to change the way you think about TV to start enjoying this type of entrianment. Before you channeld surfed and found something interesting to watch. Now you have to actually think about what you want to see and then watch it. Slightly different mind set to enjoying Tv now.

• MH81 said thank you

#17 ducky OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 564
  • 1,533 Thanks
  • 3,781 posts

Posted December 30, 2012 - 10:15 AM

Guys I gave this 1 a try . It's made by Netgear and ran me 79 bucks. I liked this 1 because of the extra port options. What really caught my eye was the USB port for external storage. I have a 2.5 to 3 megabytes internet connection and I get very little buffering. If I jump on my computer and say go to YouTube I can overload my connection. This is not a bad little box so far. Sent by Ducky from my Motorola Droid M

Attached Thumbnails

• uploadfromtaptalk1356879958020.jpg
  • uploadfromtaptalk1356879981536.jpg
  • uploadfromtaptalk1356879993322.jpg

#18 Trav1s OFFLINE  

Got points?

• Member No: 5472
  • 2,586 Thanks
  • 3,736 posts

Posted January 04, 2013 - 09:43 PM

I have the AppleTV3 and use it primarily for Netflix.  I am considering a Roku XS which opens up many free options that are not available to ATV3.  As for the other boxes, I will stick with the two I know and trust.