Garden Tractor Forums banner

Allis B12 Restoration Thread

3K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  Mitchell Cain 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Well, I thought now was as good a time as any to start a thread on the restoration of my little B12. Some of you may remember me asking for parts (still need throttle cable, engine, starter button, grille, AC & B12 front badge, and seat). I am fourteen, and between school and caring for my 30 or so chickens find it hard too get time to work on the little bugar, but I make do. So far I have completely taken apart every nut bolt and piece of sheet metal off the thing, and I've stripped and primed the front hubs, hood, foot rest, several small parts, hydraulic ram, dash, and fenders (pics up tomorrow) I have my total cost at about $5 for the baking soda for my E-tank. Hoping to have all my rods, chassis, and other miscellaneous parts done by the end of winter break. If any body could tell me where to get any of the parts I listed I needed, I'd be very appreciative (I am 14 and on a budget) Thanks for responses, and pics tomorrow!

#7 ·
Do you have a Tractor Supply nearby? They have push button switches for 5 or 6 bucks. I saw one that says it is for international tractors. Then again, it sounds like you are doing a complete restore and may want origional parts? That engine could be the most expensive thing to find but with time, I bet you will find one. I will look forward to seeing pics of this tractor and your progress.

#8 ·
Well, here are the promised pics, its not much now, but hopefully it'll come out real nice!
Here is the makers plate that I need to have remade.
Wood Food Floor Wood stain Flooring

It did originally have a high low, although it may have been taken off, I can't tell.

Brown Wood Automotive tire Gas Bumper

I try to keep all my nuts and bolts in labeled containers to know where they went.
Wood Hardwood Toy Recreation Wood stain

Brown Wood Sky Recipe Food
In the middle of stripping this piece, will be in primer this time tomorrow

Wood Recipe Bumper Automotive exterior Ingredient

Lot of work to be done on this piece.
Automotive tire Wood Gas Bumper Hardwood

Had this pressure wash only to find out it was much worse than I imagine. I will be using a lot of bondo on this piece.

Automotive tire Shelf Vehicle Audio equipment Shelving

Eventually I'll bust this apart, and rebuild it. Can anyone tell if it has the high low on it if not I plan on buying one later.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Wood Vehicle

The tires are $25 for both to whoever can get them off. They have good tread, and hold air just fine (no slight leaks or any of that)
Automotive tire Wood Gas Rope Automotive wheel system

Although it is hard to tell with this terrible lighting, here are all of my primed parts!
Wood Hardwood Wood stain Gas Beam

Wood Hardwood Metal Automotive exterior Engineering

The dash is beat to mess so I'll have to get a shapping hammer and work with it.

Wood Floor Flooring Wood stain Hardwood

This is my indoor make shift painting booth, I have a dehumidifier, and several fans that make it work great!
Wood Automotive lighting Gas Circle Bumper

Thanks for looking, and hope your neck isn't to stiff (I love taking pictures)

Attachments

Reactions: Moosetales
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.