• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4926
  • 3,456 Thanks
  • 2,801 posts

Posted December 20, 2012 - 10:29 PM

Well we still got the big winds here until midnite, some of them are more than 50mph and you can hear the house groan. It stopped snowing around 5 or so. I shoveled between the house and garage door, a couple of times this afternoon, but it just filled back in after while. I think it was about 8" total of snow. We had rain for 3/4 of a day before that, so a lot of the snow landed on standing water. Going to be down to 11 tonite that will firm things up.

Im glad to see this really, as the river here down to 6' and the lowest its been in over 20 yrs. Thier predicting another drought next yr, so we are going to need all the rain/snow we can get this winter, and so far we have been getting rain every couple of weeks.

#32 tinner OFFLINE  

tinner

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 961
  • 502 Thanks
  • 1,561 posts

Posted December 20, 2012 - 10:52 PM

Dang Ronnie, surely that's rare as frog hair to get that cold down there???

Almost one of my favorites, when people ask how I'm doing I sometimes say, "Fine as frog hair."

Wind has finally died down here. Supposed to get down to 28*, so Texas will be colder than OK for a change! Might want to come North, Ronnie!

That just don't seem right, going North to get warmer. It's already been down to 20 twice here and the older I get the less I like cold weather and I'm older than dirt now.

#33 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,459 Thanks
  • 6,629 posts

Posted December 21, 2012 - 06:50 AM

We'er just getting the storm that you members have had , lucky it's warm enough here in the NE to keep it just raining very hard , but still need to worry about my daughter driving back to her part time job at college today (90 miles ), I hit a few puddles of standing water that made my eyes open on the way to work lol , Al

#34 bgkid2966 OFFLINE  

bgkid2966

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8254
  • 1,407 Thanks
  • 1,327 posts

Posted December 21, 2012 - 07:08 AM

We got about 1" of snow. :ah_shoot: :tapping_fingers: All the talk and predictions and all we got was a bunch of wind. The snow

drought is now over!

Geno

#35 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted December 21, 2012 - 10:11 AM

We got about 1" of snow. :ah_shoot: :tapping_fingers: All the talk and predictions and all we got was a bunch of wind. The snow

drought is now over!

Geno

I would not be so sure about that! My 43 mile, normally 45 minute Commute this morning took 1 hr & 45 minutes and the sholders of the road looked like a salvage yard.

Edited by JD DANNELS, December 21, 2012 - 10:12 AM.