• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#16 KC9KAS OFFLINE  

KC9KAS
  • Member No: 10038
  • 4,783 Thanks
  • 4,303 posts

Posted December 20, 2012 - 10:55 AM

It looks just like the factory made models, and less expensive is a bonus!
  • HDWildBill said thank you

#17 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,650 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted December 20, 2012 - 11:34 AM

Bill, how do you have your vent set up?

#18 HDWildBill ONLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,710 Thanks
  • 8,563 posts

Posted December 20, 2012 - 05:06 PM

Will; Here are the pic's of the inside. I made it open from the top, I figured it would be easier to load the parts from the top instead of the side and it gave me more access space.

DSCF0634.JPG

Here is where I bring the suction hose into the cabinet.
DSCF0635.JPG

I used flashing for my bottom and made it slant down towards the funnel. The flashing I had wasn't wide enough to run just one strip so I had to put a seam in it. Because the plywood I was using isn't that good I decided to use vinyl self paper to line the self and then decide it would also be good to cover the floor and hopefully get the Baking soda to slide back down towards the funnel a bit better.
DSCF0636.JPG

These next two show the vent and air connection. I originally had the vent coming out the back but that pushed the cabinet away from the wall to far and in my shop space is a commodity.
DSCF0637.JPG

DSCF0638.JPG

This last one just show it with the self in and the gun and gloves laying on it.

Attached Thumbnails

• DSCF0639.JPG

#19 HDWildBill ONLINE  

HDWildBill

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 8,710 Thanks
  • 8,563 posts

Posted December 20, 2012 - 05:10 PM

Bill, how do you have your vent set up?

Daniel right now it is just a straight pipe into the side of the cabinet and then it drops straight down into the barrel about 3" from the bottom. I'll put water in the barrel about 2' up. Although I was thinking about it today as we were riding down south and I may go ahead and put the 5 Gal bucket in and put a "T" on the end of the pipe coming down from the Cabinet and then connect up to the 15 Gal barrel pipe. Any suggestions are more then welcome.

#20 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,650 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted December 20, 2012 - 05:19 PM

Bill, the vent I asked about is for incoming air into the cabinet. With the vacuum sucking, you need a vent somewhere to allow air into the cabinet (opposite end of cabinet from the vac connection), or you'll have negative air, and it'll suck your gloves till they pop! Also, without a vent, the vac won't be able to move the dust out hardly at all. The cabinet vent can be a simple hole in the back of the cabinet, with a shield on the inside to keep particles from shooting out of it,if your gun pointed towards it.
If your shop vac is powerful, you may want to put a relieve valve on the suction side so you can dump some of the vacuum force if it sucks too much soda out.
  • HDWildBill said thank you

#21 HDWildBill ONLINE  

HDWildBill

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 8,710 Thanks
  • 8,563 posts

Posted December 20, 2012 - 05:43 PM

Bill, the vent I asked about is for incoming air into the cabinet. With the vacuum sucking, you need a vent somewhere to allow air into the cabinet (opposite end of cabinet from the vac connection), or you'll have negative air, and it'll suck your gloves till they pop! Also, without a vent, the vac won't be able to move the dust out hardly at all. The cabinet vent can be a simple hole in the back of the cabinet, with a shield on the inside to keep particles from shooting out of it,if your gun pointed towards it.
If your shop vac is powerful, you may want to put a relieve valve on the suction side so you can dump some of the vacuum force if it sucks too much soda out.

I was thinking the air from the gun would take care of incoming air. I did turn on the Vac just to see if I had everything sealed pretty good and it did suck the lid down pretty good. I'll put a vent hole on the opposite side then and put a flapper over it. Thanks

#22 HDWildBill ONLINE  

HDWildBill

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 8,710 Thanks
  • 8,563 posts

Posted January 04, 2013 - 09:10 PM

Well I finally got to use the cabinet today.  It went rather well, I did have a problem getting the Baking soda to flow through the funnel at first but I taped an electric etcher to the out side and turned it on and that worked fairly well for a temp fix.  I had added the Vent Daniel suggested but ended up making the hole bigger and that made the filter work quite well.  I've still got a few twigs to do but all in all I'm quite satisfied with it.

Here are a few pic's of the carburetor before and after blasting.

Before:

DSCF0647.JPG

DSCF0648.JPG

DSCF0649.JPG

DSCF0650.JPG

DSCF0651.JPG

After:

DSCF0652.JPG

DSCF0653.JPG

DSCF0654.JPG

#23 chris m OFFLINE  

chris m

Tractorholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8148
  • 3,277 Thanks
  • 4,033 posts

Posted January 04, 2013 - 09:27 PM

Looks great! Glad it is working out for you! I noticed the clear nail polish, what are you coating?