• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,461 Thanks
  • 39,690 posts

Posted December 19, 2012 - 08:08 AM

I recently purchased a Sears FF20 with this Gravely 48" dozer blade attached:
Image011.jpg
What I would like to find info on is the part the blade would have attached to on the Gravely. Mine has everything in this pic:
Posted Image
I would like to see a pic of what it mounts to as I would like to change the mount to make it tilt side-to-side. Thanks.

#2 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,795 Thanks
  • 7,541 posts

Posted December 19, 2012 - 08:21 AM

Doesn't the four bolt flange just bolt to the front of the Gravely walk behind? Same place the rotary plow bolts on?

Edited by boyscout862, December 19, 2012 - 08:22 AM.

#3 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,739 Thanks
  • 8,913 posts

Posted December 19, 2012 - 08:40 AM

That's it right there Kenny. Those vertical pins in yours aren't supposed to be there.
$T2eC16RHJGIE9nnWqyFCBQ,Ny8wC!Q~~60_35.JPG

#4 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,739 Thanks
  • 8,913 posts

Posted December 19, 2012 - 08:51 AM

Keep in mind the unit that blade was made for. The pto/attachment plug sticks out quite a bit from a walk behind, and the wheels are narrower and farther back then a gt, allowing room for the ends of the blade when it swivels.

4240599235_a48ffca311.jpg

How does yours lift?

#5 js5020 ONLINE  

js5020

• Member No: 7086
  • 541 Thanks
  • 677 posts

Posted December 19, 2012 - 09:28 AM

If I remember correctly there were atleast 3 different style plow mounts for the walkbehinds,, 2 styles have been shown in the pics above, the 3rd is the quick hitch. The one Cat has picked is likely the one that would give the most side to side movement as the holes are usually worn to the point that they allow that movement, or can be enlarged so that side to side movement is enabled. Your mount I believe is a one piece casting where the one Cat has pic'ed is two pieces.

#6 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,461 Thanks
  • 39,690 posts

Posted December 19, 2012 - 06:01 PM

What I am looking for is what this 'mount' attaches to on the tractor. I can swing it to an angle, but I want it to also tilt so only one side is digging. Like making a crown in a road. I have the piece that Cat posted, what does that attach to?

#7 coldone OFFLINE  

coldone

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 839
  • 1,631 Thanks
  • 1,668 posts

Posted December 19, 2012 - 06:44 PM

The blade bolts directly to the front housing on the Gravely. there is no tilt. You can cut the little pin off the back and make an pipe and flange adapter that you could adapt to your tractor.
  • KennyP said thank you

#8 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,461 Thanks
  • 39,690 posts

Posted December 19, 2012 - 07:12 PM

The blade bolts directly to the front housing on the Gravely. there is no tilt. You can cut the little pin off the back and make an pipe and flange adapter that you could adapt to your tractor.

That's what I was looking for. The first pic is what I have now for a mount. So I can figure out how to modify this into a tilt. Thank you!

#9 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,461 Thanks
  • 39,690 posts

Posted December 20, 2012 - 06:26 AM

I'm thinking this over. There will be a way to get this to tilt, even if it's only 5 degrees either way. Just have to take it apart and get some dimensions.

Just did a check on the 5 degree tilt. That would give a lift of over 4" to one side. A lot more than I though it would be in 48". I'm going to play with this, but nothing will be fabbed till spring. Just an idea to mull over.

#10 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,795 Thanks
  • 7,541 posts

Posted December 20, 2012 - 01:21 PM

I'm thinking this over. There will be a way to get this to tilt, even if it's only 5 degrees either way. Just have to take it apart and get some dimensions.

Just did a check on the 5 degree tilt. That would give a lift of over 4" to one side. A lot more than I though it would be in 48". I'm going to play with this, but nothing will be fabbed till spring. Just an idea to mull over.

How about and old combat engineers trick? Lower the tire pressure on one side. lol
  • KennyP said thank you

#11 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,461 Thanks
  • 39,690 posts

Posted December 20, 2012 - 01:54 PM

That would work as long as a compressor was hand to tilt the other way.

#12 HowardsMF155 ONLINE  

HowardsMF155

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4243
  • 2,699 Thanks
  • 2,916 posts

Posted January 01, 2013 - 05:24 PM

Hi Kenny, I see you've got most of your answer.  I can confirm that the mount is firmly mounted to the chassis of the Gravely two wheeler.  There is no way to tilt the ends of the blade higher and lower.  I've been looking into mounting a blade I own and also wanted to make it tilt off level side to side.  My thought has been to twist the blade forward and back, by changing the length of the angle brace shown in the first picture you have.  If you come up with another way, I would be very interested.

#13 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,461 Thanks
  • 39,690 posts

Posted January 01, 2013 - 05:32 PM

I haven't had a chance to take this apart as yet, but I think the blade will swivel inside this mount. If I could see a pic of the rest of this mount on the tractor, then I would know for sure. Right now, it's just too cold to be outside piddling around.

#14 coldone OFFLINE  

coldone

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 839
  • 1,631 Thanks
  • 1,668 posts

Posted January 01, 2013 - 05:57 PM

Here is a pic of what the front of the gravelys look like. The atachment mounts to the front. The big hole is covered up by the mounting plate, the pin on the mounting plate holds in the center drive shaft, the four bolts go into the four corners. The casting is solid and holds the clutches and planetary gears for the forward and reverse.

The one on the left is a quick hitch style, the other two are the normal.

gravely.JPG

• KennyP said thank you

#15 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,461 Thanks
  • 39,690 posts

Posted January 01, 2013 - 06:07 PM

I have noticed that this blade will 'swivel' some due to how it is mounted in my situation. I may be able to make something to manually make it swivel. Wish it weren't so cold out there so I could look into it more while the ideas are fresh.