wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,183 Thanks
  • 5,209 posts

Posted March 12, 2013 - 11:54 PM

It's pretty safe between 10 am - 1pm, make a run for it :bigrofl:

By the typing looks like he was getting shot at.

#17 makeitfit OFFLINE  

makeitfit
  • Member No: 23907
  • 12 Thanks
  • 55 posts

Posted March 13, 2013 - 04:16 AM

I can't imagine any business worth going to would stay in or operate in the city of Camden?

It would be nearly impossible to attract business if they were in the main part of Camden.

Chances are its on the outskirts somewhere?

I've seen addresses on Rt130 listed as being Camden but their a far cry from going into or through the main part of the city.

Either way, if its just O rings chances are you can find a suitable match or even a whole assortment online pretty cheap.

I rebuilt the ram on my log splitter and bought two complete assortments for something like $20 online.  I figured it was far cheaper than driving all around trying to match up O rings that were too far gone to match up to anything in the first place.

I think the one set is metric, the other standard, between the two sets I was able to get what I needed.

Any good tractor dealer should also have a good assortment.

What I found was that what appeared to be the correct size wasn't. The correct Orings are usually those that just barely fit.

Keep in mind that new rubber can also shrink a bit and that the rubber oring has to be compressed a bit when its in place and installed to seal properly.

#18 1967bolens collector OFFLINE  

1967bolens collector

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1920
  • 648 Thanks
  • 1,437 posts

Posted March 13, 2013 - 04:42 AM

yea camden is not the place to be... i live about 25 miles from there... last week a couple got pulled over for a traffic ticked and one had a warrent or something so somehow the dude stole the camden cop car then they got cault in pa witch is right over the bridge, then the women sliped out her hand cuffs and stole a PA cop car an they wreck both cars and alot of other cars in the chace. crazy stuff

#19 1967bolens collector OFFLINE  

1967bolens collector

Tractorholic

• 648 Thanks
  • 1,437 posts

Posted March 13, 2013 - 04:59 AM

The below picture is a JOKE guys. <br><br>
Well, she isn't dripping anymore. Lol <br><br>
Seriously, I picked up the 3 O rings that are needed besides the seal at Napa. <br><br>
Put them in tonight very carefully, lubed them up so that they did not get damaged. <br>
And guess what ? It's still leaking !! <br><br>
Seems to leak when retracting not extending. What's a dummy gotta do besides ty wrap a towel around it ? <br><br>

The below picture is a JOKE guys. <br><br>
Well, she isn't dripping anymore. Lol <br><br>
Seriously, I picked up the 3 O rings that are needed besides the seal at Napa. <br><br>
Put them in tonight very carefully, lubed them up so that they did not get damaged. <br>
And guess what ? It's still leaking !! <br><br>
Seems to leak when retracting not extending. What's a dummy gotta do besides ty wrap a towel around it ? <br><br>\

man its still leaking... the cylinder arn't scored really bad are they? what did you use for lubercation? i generly use grease

#20 NJKen OFFLINE  

NJKen
  • Member No: 9515
  • 1,359 Thanks
  • 1,284 posts

Posted March 14, 2013 - 09:20 AM

The cylinder or the piston is not scored or damaged anywhere that I can see. And I used assembly grease to lube the o rings.

Haven't played with it again yet, I'm busy with other stuff, plus I'm sick of taking the cylinder off & on. Lol

One thing I know, I'd be lost without this loader, it's a real labor saver for sure.

#21 1967bolens collector OFFLINE  

1967bolens collector

Tractorholic

• 648 Thanks
  • 1,437 posts

Posted March 14, 2013 - 07:50 PM

i bet with alll that firewood you do them logs you had there when i picked up the tractor were close to 3ft around, no way your picking that up, dont think im sayin your week but that alot of load on the tractor, i think im going to be in the ht23 with loader club real soon but the loader wi;; be on the 20D and im going to mow with the 23..i dont want to be putting alot of hours on that diesel mowing since its impossable to find parts and it already smokes i thought the engine was better but i think it needs to be rebuilt but i found a place in texas that has some parts so

#22 NJKen OFFLINE  

NJKen
  • 1,359 Thanks
  • 1,284 posts

Posted March 14, 2013 - 08:39 PM

i bet with alll that firewood you do them logs you had there when i picked up the tractor were close to 3ft around, no way your picking that up, dont think im sayin your week but that alot of load on the tractor, i think im going to be in the ht23 with loader club real soon but the loader wi;; be on the 20D and im going to mow with the 23..i dont want to be putting alot of hours on that diesel mowing since its impossable to find parts and it already smokes i thought the engine was better but i think it needs to be rebuilt but i found a place in texas that has some parts so

Sam, darn near every bit of firewood and logs that you saw when you were here, were handled with the HT-23. Those big ones ? I hauled them out of a back yard and to the street and lifted them into the trailer. It struggled a little, but handled them fine.

#23 1967bolens collector OFFLINE  

1967bolens collector

Tractorholic

• 648 Thanks
  • 1,437 posts

Posted March 15, 2013 - 04:30 AM

i know it and there some heavy S.O.B's thats why i want a bigger loader, and i think the 20 needs a big brother around the same age lol... dont get me wrong the J10 picked up more then i ever thought i have picked up logs 2 1/2 ft round 20inchs long. it broke the drag link for the steering lol but it was wore anyway

#24 makeitfit OFFLINE  

makeitfit
  • Member No: 23907
  • 12 Thanks
  • 55 posts

Posted March 15, 2013 - 08:37 PM

My only concern would be the front axle support/cross member on any of these machines. I've looked at a dozen or so Bolens machines with loaders now and all but one had either welded or broken front ends.

Which handles a FEL better, a tube frame or large frame?

I think some of these machines are seeing far more than the rated max on the front axle, between having the rear end weighted, and weight in the bucket out front, the leverage over the axle can be pretty extreme. I had one guy with an 1477 with Johnson 14 loader on it show me how much it would lift, he had filled 26"x12x12 tires, a weight box filled with stone, and wheel weights, and he proceeded to lift a bucket full of quarry rock with the bucket. While the bucket load was probably only 550lbs or so, the front rims nearly hit the pavement as the tires compressed. When I mentioned it, he said he had 100 psi in 6 ply tires.

I  figured that the tires had to be rated at around 900lbs each, and to flatten them with 100psi in them, there had to be double that load or more on them.

#25 NJKen OFFLINE  

NJKen
  • 1,359 Thanks
  • 1,284 posts

Posted March 15, 2013 - 09:48 PM

My only concern would be the front axle support/cross member on any of these machines. I've looked at a dozen or so Bolens machines with loaders now and all but one had either welded or broken front ends.

Which handles a FEL better, a tube frame or large frame?

I think some of these machines are seeing far more than the rated max on the front axle, between having the rear end weighted, and weight in the bucket out front, the leverage over the axle can be pretty extreme. I had one guy with an 1477 with Johnson 14 loader on it show me how much it would lift, he had filled 26"x12x12 tires, a weight box filled with stone, and wheel weights, and he proceeded to lift a bucket full of quarry rock with the bucket. While the bucket load was probably only 550lbs or so, the front rims nearly hit the pavement as the tires compressed. When I mentioned it, he said he had 100 psi in 6 ply tires.
I figured that the tires had to be rated at around 900lbs each, and to flatten them with 100psi in them, there had to be double that load or more on them.

I think your friend with the 1455 best check his air pressure gauge. 100 PSI and 550 lbs flattened them ? Ain't no way no how. Unless they burst !!

As Ice Cube would say
"Chickity-check yo self before you wreck yo self"

Edited by NJKen, March 15, 2013 - 09:49 PM.

• Bolens 1000 said thank you

#26 1967bolens collector OFFLINE  

1967bolens collector

Tractorholic

• 648 Thanks
  • 1,437 posts

Posted March 15, 2013 - 10:05 PM

There not ment to fill the bucket with dirt until Its comes over the sides there made to pick up 500lbs for a short period of time and with a loader tractor I would have 4 ply tires. 2 ply works but they went stiff enough an they squat more and woth no power steering makes it harder to steer

#27 wilberj ONLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,183 Thanks
  • 5,209 posts

Posted March 16, 2013 - 11:18 AM

I think your friend with the 1455 best check his air pressure gauge. 100 PSI and 550 lbs flattened them ? Ain't no way no how. Unless they burst !!

As Ice Cube would say
"Chickity-check yo self before you wreck yo self"

:iagree:  :ditto: Hell of a story!

#28 Jonathan OFFLINE  

Jonathan

• Member No: 1708
  • 4 Thanks
  • 11 posts

Posted March 16, 2013 - 08:05 PM

Ken is it possible that the cylinder is out of round. You could check the opening with a caliber. Anything possible.

#29 NJKen OFFLINE  

NJKen
  • 1,359 Thanks
  • 1,284 posts

Posted March 17, 2013 - 08:31 AM

<p>Ken is it possible that the cylinder is out of round. You could check the opening with a caliber. Anything possible.</p>

I guess anything is possible, I'm going to pull it AGAIN today and check everything out. I just might be making that trip to Camden after all. I've heard good things about the hydraulics place there. I'll just go when the crackheads are sleeping. Lol

#30 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,588 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted March 17, 2013 - 08:44 AM

So it is leaking at the rod, not where the cap joins the body?  The little seal is more or less just for a dust wiper, with the o-ring doing seal duty.  They have to be the exact size seal.  Any little bit smaller thickness & they leak, any bigger & they get damaged installing over the ram rod.  Even the correct one is VERY easy to damage when putting things together.  When you take her apart, get a big magnifying glass & inspect the leaky o-ring very close.  Chances are you will find a nick.    Does it use a backer ring?