OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,482 Thanks
  • 4,634 posts

Posted December 19, 2012 - 06:16 AM

Those small frame Bolens sure cute little buggers. Fella had a real nice looking G8 at the Wellington show this year. I wanted to get a pic of it sitting next to my HD20D, but that didn't happen :(

I wouldn't mind having one just to ride around at the larger shows :D

Edited by OldBuzzard, December 19, 2012 - 06:17 AM.

#17 Canawler OFFLINE  

Canawler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1273
  • 1,893 Thanks
  • 1,750 posts

Posted December 19, 2012 - 09:58 AM

Kinda cute little guy. I know several have said they made lots of them but that's the first one I've seen. You'd think they would show up on CL intermittently.

#18 MailmAn OFFLINE  

MailmAn
  • Member No: 10315
  • 292 Thanks
  • 723 posts

Posted December 19, 2012 - 11:18 AM

Anybody restoring a Pup and need parts? I rescued one from the scrap yard with plans to do a resto-mod and will be getting rid of the deck and associated accessories, rims, and potentially a few other bits. All that was missing was the motor. The original seat is still there underneath the new covering.

Did you have this listed on eBay recently? I think I saw this exact same Bolens Pup listed a while ago and I thought it was odd that in the listing it showed all of the photos of the tractor but in the description it said they were only selling the mower deck. But I guess you wanted people to see the tractor the deck went with so they didn't think it was for a larger tractor or anything? I just thought you would have sold the whole tractor and not just the deck. But I guess I see why now. But if you want to restore this little guy, why not keep the deck with it?

As much as I hate hearing the term "cuteness factor" myself, I do have to agree with the thought behind this. That Bolens Pup would be a cool little tractor to teach your kids on and certainly a cool "toy" to ride around on!

#19 pdyck OFFLINE  

pdyck
  • Member No: 73774
  • 0 Thanks
  • 1 posts

Posted August 01, 2015 - 08:48 PM

I know this is kind of late but I just bought a Pup yesterday and it is just the basic tractor - that deck is just what I'm looking for! And you are only a few hours away too. Pretty fun little machine - I won't say cute though.