44 replies to this topic

#1 bowtiebutler956 OFFLINE  

bowtiebutler956
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10021
  • 659 Thanks
  • 796 posts

Posted December 17, 2012 - 07:19 PM

I'm taking a trip to Oklahoma to pick up a couple cars, and bring them home, but we have a friend of the family who lives up there as well. I visited his house years ago, before I got bit by the GT bug, and I remembered he had al kinds of old GT's laying around his property. Well, to make a long story short, I called him, and he said come on by, and he'll load me up with as many as I can fit! :big_hug: I'll be in my short bed pickup, with an 18ft car hauler behind. The car hauler will have a Dodge Caravan on it, but those aren't very long, so I'm sure I can fit at least one on the trailer, and one more in the truck bed, and maybe one more if I get creative. This friend has old iron all over his property, but his favorites, are his antique John Deere tractors. I didn't bother to ask what models, as he said just come on by, and take a look. I'll be back late Wednesday night, so I'll try and give an update Thurs. :thumbs: I'm not sure I'll be able to sleep tonight! :bigrofl:

Matt

#2 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7087
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted December 17, 2012 - 07:34 PM

That's great! I hope you get some good stuff! I bet you could put one in the van, before you load it on the trailer...
  • bowtiebutler956 said thank you

#3 bowtiebutler956 OFFLINE  

bowtiebutler956
  • Contributor
  • 659 Thanks
  • 796 posts

Posted December 17, 2012 - 07:35 PM

That's great! I hope you get some good stuff! I bet you could put one in the van, before you load it on the trailer...

I was thinking the same thing Ryan!

Matt

#4 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,522 Thanks
  • 5,033 posts

Posted December 17, 2012 - 07:37 PM

Have fun! Sounds like Christmas might come a little early this year.

#5 chris m OFFLINE  

chris m

Tractorholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8148
  • 3,277 Thanks
  • 4,033 posts

Posted December 17, 2012 - 07:47 PM

Congrats on what ever you get! What a great deal! :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana:

Ok who wants to place bets that the van gets dropped off and the trailer filled with just GT's

I am also wondering if your friend is my long lost uncle :D :D :D
  • Moosetales and bowtiebutler956 have said thanks

#6 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,653 Thanks
  • 29,841 posts

Posted December 17, 2012 - 07:49 PM

Sounds like it will be a fun & productive trip! Be safe!

#7 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted December 17, 2012 - 08:11 PM

Sounds like you will be bringing some good stuff back.

Edited by mjodrey, December 18, 2012 - 05:11 AM.

#8 Moosetales OFFLINE  

Moosetales

Always learning something!

• Member No: 8172
  • 1,088 Thanks
  • 1,284 posts

Posted December 17, 2012 - 08:15 PM

You know, us guys forget things all the time....."oh crap honey, I got the bread and the milk but not the eggs....I'll be right back." So I was thinking this might be the script your read from......."Ummmmm, honey (or insert any name here), you know how I went to OK to get the van? Well, ummmm, I, ummm, kinda got down there and forgot to pick it up. I just need to unload the 12 tractors I have on the trailer and I'll be right back with the van." Wait, scrap that last bit. You better unload the tractors before you reveal your "lapse in memory".

Congrats! The last time I couldn't sleep was when I was a kid and we were heading off for a big trip. Remember it like it was yesterday. Have fun and please do remember we will all be waiting for you Thursday night HOPING FOR PICS. :D

#9 bowtiebutler956 OFFLINE  

bowtiebutler956
  • Contributor
  • 659 Thanks
  • 796 posts

Posted December 17, 2012 - 08:29 PM

Have fun! Sounds like Christmas might come a little early this year.

Who Knew, that Santa lived in Oklahoma! :dancingbanana:

Congrats on what ever you get! What a great deal! :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana:

Ok who wants to place bets that the van gets dropped off and the trailer filled with just GT's

I am also wondering if your friend is my long lost uncle :D :D :D

Don't think I haven't thought about ditching the minivan Chris! I don't know about that long lost uncle bit! :bigrofl:

You know, us guys forget things all the time....."oh crap honey, I got the bread and the milk but not the eggs....I'll be right back." So I was thinking this might be the script your read from......."Ummmmm, honey (or insert any name here), you know how I went to OK to get the van? Well, ummmm, I, ummm, kinda got down there and forgot to pick it up. I just need to unload the 12 tractors I have on the trailer and I'll be right back with the van." Wait, scrap that last bit. You better unload the tractors before you reveal your "lapse in memory".

Congrats! The last time I couldn't sleep was when I was a kid and we were heading off for a big trip. Remember it like it was yesterday. Have fun and please do remember we will all be waiting for you Thursday night HOPING FOR PICS. :D

:bigrofl: I'm bringing home a Cadillac for my wife, the van is for a friend, but I'm not sure he would be a friend anymore if I "forgot" to bring his van back! :bigrofl: I'll post pics as soon as possible!

Matt

#10 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted December 17, 2012 - 08:31 PM

You've got some great friends that's all I can say! Have a great trip!

#11 chris m OFFLINE  

chris m

Tractorholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8148
  • 3,277 Thanks
  • 4,033 posts

Posted December 17, 2012 - 08:32 PM

Who Knew, that Santa lived in Oklahoma! :dancingbanana:
Don't think I haven't thought about ditching the minivan Chris! I don't know about that long lost uncle bit! :bigrofl:
:bigrofl: I'm bringing home a Cadillac for my wife, the van is for a friend, but I'm not sure he would be a friend anymore if I "forgot" to bring his van back! :bigrofl: I'll post pics as soon as possible!

Matt

Who needs friends when they have a trailer full of GT's :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana: JK! I couldn't help myself for a moment :D

#12 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted December 17, 2012 - 08:47 PM

That sounds like the trip of a lifetime Matt! Safe travels and have fun. Don't forget to catch up with your old friend too. BTW, if they're small tractors (say like an RJ) you can easily fit two (+an assortment of other goodies) in the van (In case you're wondering how I know, Click Here). I hauled quite a few tractors in my wife's Grand Caravan before the truck came home with me. I even used it to haul one or two after I got the truck because it get's better gas mileage.

#13 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted December 17, 2012 - 08:48 PM

Matt, Have a safe and fruitful trip. Call me if you find too many to haul. I can always use some more. :D

#14 bowtiebutler956 OFFLINE  

bowtiebutler956
  • Contributor
  • 659 Thanks
  • 796 posts

Posted December 17, 2012 - 09:12 PM

That sounds like the trip of a lifetime Matt! Safe travels and have fun. Don't forget to catch up with your old friend too. BTW, if they're small tractors (say like an RJ) you can easily fit two (+an assortment of other goodies) in the van (In case you're wondering how I know, Click Here). I hauled quite a few tractors in my wife's Grand Caravan before the truck came home with me. I even used it to haul one or two after I got the truck because it get's better gas mileage.

Now thats what I'm talkin bout! That is the very definition of creative loading! :thumbs:

Matt, Have a safe and fruitful trip. Call me if you find too many to haul. I can always use some more. :D

Brian, you already have the largest stock pile of GT's in Texas! :bigrofl: I know what you mean about always wanting more! This really is a very serious addiction, and the problem is that its legal, and considered acceptable, so we even have forums where we can talk to thousands of others suffering from the same affliction, and talk about where we're going to get our next fix! :thumbs:

Matt
  • caseguy, Texas Deere and Horse, KennyP and 1 other said thanks

#15 bgkid2966 OFFLINE  

bgkid2966

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8254
  • 1,407 Thanks
  • 1,327 posts

Posted December 17, 2012 - 09:19 PM

I think you should look into a bigger trailer. Maybe a 27 footer. That way the van comes home and all the GTs. No GTs left behind!!

Have fun and be safe! We will be waiting for pictures!

Geno