Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

American Picker

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 HDWildBill ONLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,710 Thanks
  • 8,563 posts

Posted December 17, 2012 - 01:50 PM

I got into watching this series a while back, I mainly like the history they give you on the items and all the neat finds. I usually record them and then watch them when I have time and also I can fast forward through the commercials.

I just saw an episode where Rob, Mikes brother, is out picking with him and they run across this guy who has all these old tractor, which isn't unusual except they got to ride and drive this old steam tractor. I know it isn't a GT but I just thought it was cool to be able to drive something that old. That thing was huge too!
  • Texas Deere and Horse and tinbender7 have said thanks

#2 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted December 17, 2012 - 02:21 PM

That was a neat episode Bill, I saw it also. They sure don't even slow down walking by a GT when they see one. I have seen 5 or 6 in their shows.

#3 HDWildBill ONLINE  

HDWildBill

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 8,710 Thanks
  • 8,563 posts

Posted December 17, 2012 - 02:26 PM

No they are going for the thing that the majority of the audience will go for and understand. I've noticed that as well, they have walked by bike's on there I would love to have. The wife and I were talking one night and I mentioned that they sure don't seem like they walk away from a lot of these picks with much. She said they probably do but only show selected one's that will make the show interesting.

#4 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted December 17, 2012 - 02:32 PM

Yeah,I saw that as well.That was a good show.

#5 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted December 17, 2012 - 02:35 PM

No they are going for the thing that the majority of the audience will go for and understand. I've noticed that as well, they have walked by bike's on there I would love to have. The wife and I were talking one night and I mentioned that they sure don't seem like they walk away from a lot of these picks with much. She said they probably do but only show selected one's that will make the show interesting.

They would have to buy a whole lot more to keep 2 stores full I would think.

#6 Lauber1 OFFLINE  

Lauber1

DB restorer

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4926
  • 3,456 Thanks
  • 2,801 posts

Posted December 17, 2012 - 02:41 PM

Those guys are from a little town about 60mls north of me. I've been to there place before they had a show and there really wasnt much i found intresting there. They seem to know about everything, but dont seem to buy things one would think were a good item to have around. I think i've only seen the show once or twice, and was amazed at how they told someone the items were worth a lot of money, but then low balled them into taking a less.

#7 HDWildBill ONLINE  

HDWildBill

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 8,710 Thanks
  • 8,563 posts

Posted December 17, 2012 - 02:50 PM

They would have to buy a whole lot more to keep 2 stores full I would think.

That Nashville store is pretty big so I would think they would.

Those guys are from a little town about 60mls north of me. I've been to there place before they had a show and there really wasnt much i found intresting there. They seem to know about everything, but dont seem to buy things one would think were a good item to have around. I think i've only seen the show once or twice, and was amazed at how they told someone the items were worth a lot of money, but then low balled them into taking a less.

I've seen it go both ways. I've seen them low ball but then I've seen where the seller said one price and they said no it was worth more. The thing is they are in business to make $$$ so I would think they want to get it at the lowest price they can.

I'm just amazed at the old cars and motorcycles out there that have been restored an are just sitting in someone's warehouse.

#8 daytime dave ONLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted December 17, 2012 - 04:09 PM

I saw the steam tractor episode also. They are interesting in my opinion. I like to watch it if it is on, but I don't make any special effort. It is interesting to see some of the places they get into. I get the impression, I could be totally wrong, that they sell a lot of stuff to clients on the internet. Some of it seems a bit artsy %@#%sy that some people with plenty of money would "decorate" with.
  • HDWildBill said thank you

#9 Canawler OFFLINE  

Canawler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1273
  • 1,893 Thanks
  • 1,750 posts

Posted December 19, 2012 - 10:26 AM

Thing is, they probably make more from selling t-shirts and souvenirs than any of the antiques, now that they're "famous"

#10 HDWildBill ONLINE  

HDWildBill

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 8,710 Thanks
  • 8,563 posts

Posted December 19, 2012 - 12:34 PM

I'm sure they are making a bundle off the TV right's. I also would not be surprised if some of the things they find are plant's, but I still find it better the all the murder and shoot em up stuff.

#11 bolex OFFLINE  

bolex
  • Member No: 9864
  • 123 Thanks
  • 313 posts

Posted December 20, 2012 - 05:47 PM

there was a show in i think the first season that they were at an old farm and the guy must have had 10 or 15 bolens tube and large frame tractors setting there some partly covered some uncovered and other GT related stuff that they totally passed by that would make money but they didn't show any interest at all

#12 HDWildBill ONLINE  

HDWildBill

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 8,710 Thanks
  • 8,563 posts

Posted December 20, 2012 - 05:54 PM

there was a show in i think the first season that they were at an old farm and the guy must have had 10 or 15 bolens tube and large frame tractors setting there some partly covered some uncovered and other GT related stuff that they totally passed by that would make money but they didn't show any interest at all

I don't think they would give them enough of a profit and they may not realize there is a market for them.