#1 nra1ifer OFFLINE  

nra1ifer

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 383
  • 669 Thanks
  • 1,530 posts

Posted December 17, 2012 - 08:28 AM

Among other things we did this weekend, my wife and I were invited to a Christmas party with some friends we met last Memorial Day at Silver Dollar City in Branson, MO. The family has four kids ranging in age from 15 to 26, 3 girls and one boy. The kids perform as a Christian bluegrass group called Southern Raised. If you like that kind of music, explore their website at www.southernraisedbluegrass.com. They travel to bluegrass events and churches all over. We had them at our church 2 weekends ago and even those that normally wouldn't care for bluegrass-style music went on and on about how good they were. Amazing talent, those four!

After the carnage in Connecticut, getting to be with them and their family and friends was a refreshing experience. It reminds you that there are still a LOT of good, decent people holding this world together.

Edited by nra1ifer, December 17, 2012 - 08:29 AM.

• mjodrey, tinbender7 and jd.rasentrac have said thanks

#2 jd.rasentrac OFFLINE  

jd.rasentrac

Admirer of DEERE enjoyneering and design!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10327
  • 4,441 Thanks
  • 3,988 posts

Posted December 17, 2012 - 09:27 AM

I like them!

#3 jms180 ONLINE  

jms180

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1266
  • 915 Thanks
  • 1,207 posts

Posted December 17, 2012 - 09:31 AM

Among other things we did this weekend, my wife and I were invited to a Christmas party with some friends we met last Memorial Day at Silver Dollar City in Branson, MO. The family has four kids ranging in age from 15 to 26, 3 girls and one boy. The kids perform as a Christian bluegrass group called Southern Raised. If you like that kind of music, explore their website at www.southernraisedbluegrass.com. They travel to bluegrass events and churches all over. We had them at our church 2 weekends ago and even those that normally wouldn't care for bluegrass-style music went on and on about how good they were. Amazing talent, those four!

After the carnage in Connecticut, getting to be with them and their family and friends was a refreshing experience. It reminds you that there are still a LOT of good, decent people holding this world together.

I agree thanks for posting.

#4 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted December 17, 2012 - 09:47 AM

Yeah,thanks for posting.

#5 shorty ONLINE  

shorty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6172
  • 3,531 Thanks
  • 3,919 posts

Posted December 17, 2012 - 05:00 PM

I like it. Actually, I have them playing in the background while I am in here.