Garden Tractor Forums banner

Bolens 850 & Danuser Digger Resto Started

11K views 86 replies 14 participants last post by  1967bolens collector 
#1 ·
well i got the hood, fenders and engine out of my 850 tonight.. i got the other 850 striped to nothing. will have some pics tomarrow

#8 ·
yes brian besides the motor and ot will be mostly dissasembled

Reactions: Bolens 1000
#9 ·
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle
Motor vehicle Wood Gas Machine Nut
Gas Flooring Personal protective equipment Auto part Event
Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Tread
Cup Serveware Kitchen appliance Gas Dishware

i just have to take the head light, decals and tail light off an thats good for me im not takeing every single piece off... im going to knock the wheels off when it gets to the sand blaster place unless i get my owm

Attachments

Reactions: kwj427 and MailmAn
#10 ·
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Plant

this is what my 850 looked liked

got the decals off now i got to get the glue off. tomarrow im hopeing to get it to the blaster an get the 1050 with the digger in the shop an dismount it..

Attachments

#12 · (Edited by Moderator)
'glgrumpy' said:
So what is this "digger" mentioned here? Attachment or another brand of rig? Sorry, don't know B tractors.
According to the literature I have seen, these Danuser Compact Diggers were also available for Jacobsen Chiefs and Cubs in addition to the Bolens and JD's mentioned. And there were slightly different mounting arrangements within the Bolens tractors. Sam's version is for the tubeframes, there was a similar version for the early Large Frames like the 1250 (hydraulics driven off a pump supplied with the unit), and another for the later Large Frames (hydraulics driven off the tractor).

Reactions: MailmAn
#13 ·
well the im takeing the 850 to the sandblaster at 8am.. i started dis mounting the digger from the other tractor. will get some pics up tomarrow

#14 ·
Wood Shelving Shelf Publication Shipping box
Motor vehicle Yellow Road surface Asphalt Floor
Wood Cup Gas Drink Serveware
Road surface Asphalt Gas Flooring Machine

got the 850 to the blaster and got everything off the 1050 for the digger. im hopeing it comes out like i want it to.

Attachments

#15 ·
i got the 850 back from media blasting an it looks good its all wraped up in shrink wrap. goin to tractor supply to get primer

#17 ·
  • well i got the frame back today an put a coat pf primer on it. got to go to TSC TO GET SOME PAINT pics tomarrow

#19 · (Edited by Moderator)
i worked for a few hours lastnight just on the digger and 1 rear wheel. i used i.h red an i think its closer then m,f red. i willl have to get some pics

#20 ·
i worked for a few hours lastnight just on the digger and 1 rear wheel. i used i.h red an i think its closer then m,f red. i willl have to get some pics
:picsoritsnotyours: :wewantpics:

#21 ·
oh its mine trust me, the 850 was my grandads he bought it new in 67

Reactions: kwj427 and KennyP
#23 ·
this is a cool resto, please post more pictures, i have parts of one i need to restore too!

thanks kenny
i will get some pics as soon as i get sime progess done

#24 ·
Wood Shelving Shelf Publication Shipping box
Motor vehicle Yellow Road surface Asphalt Floor

heres a couple pics my internet is slow because of the rain

Attachments

#25 ·

Attachments

#26 ·
Wow you move fast!

Couple comments:

1) Are you going to fill in those cracks in the steering wheel? I have had great success using epoxy then sanding it down to a smooth finish.

2) If the paint is still wet on those rims I'd get some mineral spirits and rub off the over spray on the tire before it dries....

Not trying to knock down your work, just offering some suggestions :thumbs:

#27 · (Edited by Moderator)
Wow you move fast!

Couple comments:

1) Are you going to fill in those cracks in the steering wheel? I have had great success using epoxy then sanding it down to a smooth finish.

2) If the paint is still wet on those rims I'd get some mineral spirits and rub off the over spray on the tire before it dries....

Not trying to knock down your work, just offering some suggestions :thumbs:
i tried filling the cracks but it didnt work to good, and i got the tires taped so the litttle over spray will come right off. im trying to pick a yellow for the digger the colsest match i can find is school bus yellow boy i think its to dark an J.D yellow is tolight

#28 ·
Can you mix the two yellows together? Maybe adding a little at a time of one until you find the right color?

#29 ·
Glenn Danuser(current President of Danuser) told me that the closest yellow to the original is "school bus" or "highway" yellow. Danuser did not keep color code information on these diggers.

Don't forget that colors fade, so matching the color to what it is now might be misleading.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.