• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 JRJ OFFLINE  

JRJ
  • Member No: 16399
  • 876 Thanks
  • 1,170 posts

Posted December 15, 2012 - 06:11 PM

I have a JD235 which I purchased in early spring with a snow plow attached. After collecting all the parts that I felt I needed to replace, like a special bar, washers etc, I felt I had it all together. Today I go out and install the blade on the frame portion (looks like home plate of a baseball game). I was glad of where I am now with this but when I turn the blade or for an angle push it appears that one of the corners is much lower than it should be.
Then taking the old rubber squeegee off which was worn down a lot on one side which I didn't want to happen again so I put a new rubber squeegee on. I can wiggle the blade from side to side which seems to be to much play, I don't know if I need to shim the area between the home plate thing and the portion of the blade itself being tthe area between the top surface of the home plate thing and the bottom surface area of the blade attaching section-if you understand what I am saying-I sure hope so. One other way to try and describe the area in question is the home plate thing slides between the two sections of the blade bracket.
I hope I am explaining this so y'all understand what I am describing. So what do I need to do to get this squared away????

I look forward to any and all help here.

Dick

Edited by JRJ, December 15, 2012 - 07:15 PM.

#2 JRJ OFFLINE  

JRJ
  • 876 Thanks
  • 1,170 posts

Posted December 15, 2012 - 06:14 PM

I am so sorry for I miss titled this, It is JD snow plow installation looking for help.

Dick

Edited by JRJ, December 17, 2012 - 09:29 AM.

#3 John@Reliable OFFLINE  

John@Reliable

Procrastinators unite tomorrow

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 36
  • 1,295 Thanks
  • 1,416 posts

Posted December 15, 2012 - 06:24 PM

Pictures would be nice, but with that said. If you look at most blades they all wear in the direction that they are used most. Look at all the mounting points to see if any holes are oblong alot, but a little give is normal and not a bad thing either.
  • JRJ said thank you

#4 bgkid2966 OFFLINE  

bgkid2966

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8254
  • 1,407 Thanks
  • 1,327 posts

Posted December 15, 2012 - 06:26 PM

If you can post some pictures of the plow set up and area of concern it will be easier to help you out.

Geno
  • JRJ said thank you

#5 JRJ OFFLINE  

JRJ
  • 876 Thanks
  • 1,170 posts

Posted December 15, 2012 - 06:28 PM

I would love to post the much needed pictures but that is one thing I have not learned to do on this forum as yet. SORRY>

Dick

#6 John@Reliable OFFLINE  

John@Reliable

Procrastinators unite tomorrow

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 36
  • 1,295 Thanks
  • 1,416 posts

Posted December 15, 2012 - 06:35 PM

http://gardentractor...file-uploading/

If I can do it anyone can :bigrofl: :camera:
  • JRJ said thank you

#7 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,722 Thanks
  • 8,904 posts

Posted December 15, 2012 - 06:37 PM

Dick, is it possible either of the plow bracket plates (the yellow ones attached to the plow) are bent out, making it too loose?
  • JRJ said thank you

#8 JRJ OFFLINE  

JRJ
  • 876 Thanks
  • 1,170 posts

Posted December 15, 2012 - 07:22 PM

Cat to answer your question; I looked the mentioned brackets over pretty good and I don't think it is bend out but then it could be just enough. It really appears that the brackets attached to the plow has to much clearance between the bottom edge of the top bracket and the top of the of frame portion, does that make since to you.
Bear with me for tomorrow I will attempt to get pictures, you noticed I said attempt.

Dick

#9 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • 11,722 Thanks
  • 8,904 posts

Posted December 15, 2012 - 07:38 PM

Hold on, Dick. I got some pics here so you can elaborate.....

Many thanks to LittleDeere for the pic...
Model 15 plow 003.jpg
  • JRJ said thank you

#10 JRJ OFFLINE  

JRJ
  • 876 Thanks
  • 1,170 posts

Posted December 15, 2012 - 08:06 PM

O.K. Thanks Cat-that is just the thing I was talking about, now y'all can ask all the questions and we do have something to work with.

Dick

#11 JRJ OFFLINE  

JRJ
  • 876 Thanks
  • 1,170 posts

Posted December 15, 2012 - 08:16 PM

Like I was describing the baseball home plate is pushed into the bracket which is attached to the blade. To me the whole blade assembly is a lot lower say on the Left end when the blade is set to push the snow off to the Left. To me it feels like there is to much give or open space between the bottom surface of the top bracket of the blade and the top portion of the black brace. The center hole of the black brace had been oblong in shape but that has been taken care of by having a large nut welded to the under side and drilled the hole to take the keeper pin.
Anyone else have any suggestions.
Also the portion that Cat questioned about being bowed out- I don't think so, but who am I to say and how tight should the bracket which is attached to the tractor be inside of the bracket on the back of the blade-now that is where is appears the whole problems is,
Dick

Edited by JRJ, December 15, 2012 - 08:20 PM.

#12 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted December 15, 2012 - 08:47 PM

There will be quite a bit of play in those. I have a 54 blade and it isn't a very tight fit. When the blade is lifted it will tilt when turned to the side. It should be close to flat when lowered to plow. You could try to tighten it up a bit but it may not be necessary. The important thing is that it lays flat when lowered to plow. Pictures would help a lot.
  • JRJ said thank you

#13 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • 11,722 Thanks
  • 8,904 posts

Posted December 15, 2012 - 09:06 PM

One other thing to check, is the plow frame going back to the tractor still straight? Check those piddly little arms for any twist or tweaks.
  • JRJ said thank you

#14 Farmlife OFFLINE  

Farmlife

Tractor Whisperer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 12309
  • 1,232 Thanks
  • 1,461 posts

Posted December 16, 2012 - 07:20 AM

my JD210 had a quick release setup with just 2 pull pins on springs, was very handy. Not really sure bout the other styles....
  • JRJ said thank you

#15 JRJ OFFLINE  

JRJ
  • 876 Thanks
  • 1,170 posts

Posted December 16, 2012 - 06:04 PM

I'm back and hopefully with pictures, I took them and now to see if they will come out like they are suppose to.