• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Bob 537 OFFLINE  

Bob 537
  • Member No: 10133
  • 68 Thanks
  • 127 posts

Posted December 15, 2012 - 10:58 AM

There is an auction for this fully restored 57 mccormack lowboy and was wondering what an aprox. value would be

thanks

Attached Thumbnails

• photo-23.JPG

#2 LTD OFFLINE  

LTD

Cub Cadet Collector

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5951
  • 1,028 Thanks
  • 1,455 posts

Posted December 15, 2012 - 12:12 PM

It would be worth around 2,000 dollars around here. Looks to be in real nice shape.
  • Bob 537 said thank you

#3 Rock farmer OFFLINE  

Rock farmer
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10759
  • 1,119 Thanks
  • 1,177 posts

Posted December 15, 2012 - 12:42 PM

I'd put the value on that at $2500 to $3000.
If it was the yellow and white one from the sixties could go to $4500.
They've been listing that for sometime.

Joe
  • Bob 537 said thank you

#4 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,289 Thanks
  • 28,623 posts

Posted December 15, 2012 - 01:20 PM

I think it will all depend on who else is at the auction.

Values listed above are probably real close, but at an auction... who knows? Might be half that or twice that.

BTW, I merged your two posts & moved them into the farm tractor forum.
  • Bob 537 said thank you

#5 daytime dave OFFLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted December 15, 2012 - 04:10 PM

I'd say top end would be 3,000 depending on the quality of the restoration. If that is a three point converter on the back, that would make it very handy if it works well.
  • Bob 537 said thank you

#6 Bob 537 OFFLINE  

Bob 537
  • 68 Thanks
  • 127 posts

Posted December 15, 2012 - 04:25 PM

never made it to the auction so i dont know what it sold for but thank you everyone for your input :thumbs:

#7 Farmlife OFFLINE  

Farmlife

Tractor Whisperer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 12309
  • 1,232 Thanks
  • 1,461 posts

Posted December 15, 2012 - 04:51 PM

that is sharp for sure, love IH products.....

#8 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted December 15, 2012 - 11:25 PM

Sorry you never made it too the auction. Pricing a Cub Lowboy is pretty hard to get right,
I think Rock Farmer is pretty close to right in general on his pricing. But I.ve seen them go as high as $7000 for a real fine professionally restored unit. Their compact size makes them storable in a suburban garage and they are in high demand.
The Red Power crowd really likes them because they transport to meets easily. I saw a guy going to one of their meets in Minnesota this summer and he had 3 on his trailer. There used to be a group here in Iowa, that put on square dance demos all on these cub lowboys. So they are hard to find and bring a big price out here.

#9 Bob 537 OFFLINE  

Bob 537
  • 68 Thanks
  • 127 posts

Posted December 16, 2012 - 07:36 AM

Sorry you never made it too the auction. Pricing a Cub Lowboy is pretty hard to get right,
I think Rock Farmer is pretty close to right in general on his pricing. But I.ve seen them go as high as $7000 for a real fine professionally restored unit. Their compact size makes them storable in a suburban garage and they are in high demand.
The Red Power crowd really likes them because they transport to meets easily. I saw a guy going to one of their meets in Minnesota this summer and he had 3 on his trailer. There used to be a group here in Iowa, that put on square dance demos all on these cub lowboys. So they are hard to find and bring a big price out here.

the place tat had this tractor was trying to sell it for 5k but it never sold so thats why i think they auctioned it off i guess its not worth that much out here to anyone i wish i made it to the auction so i know how much it sold for ill have to stop in some time this week and find out

#10 Bob 537 OFFLINE  

Bob 537
  • 68 Thanks
  • 127 posts

Posted December 16, 2012 - 10:47 AM

well i found out the tractor sold for at least 4700 could of been more but thats a good thing because i wouldnt of been able to afford that so not a loss that i missed it
  • drivadesl said thank you

#11 daytime dave OFFLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted December 16, 2012 - 12:50 PM

Bob, thanks for the update on the price. It seems pretty pricey to me.

#12 LTD OFFLINE  

LTD

Cub Cadet Collector

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5951
  • 1,028 Thanks
  • 1,455 posts

Posted December 16, 2012 - 05:52 PM

But I.ve seen them go as high as $7000 for a real fine professionally restored unit.

Wish they sold for that here. I could make a pile of money. We get a lot of Lo-boys on Craigslist in my area. I think thats probably cause farm's in N.Y. are a lot smaller than the Midwest. Its the other way around for like an M,400, or a 450. They hardly ever come up on Craigslist around here and when they do they are usually pretty expensive.

#13 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted December 16, 2012 - 10:10 PM

Wish they sold for that here. I could make a pile of money. We get a lot of Lo-boys on Craigslist in my area. I think thats probably cause farm's in N.Y. are a lot smaller than the Midwest. Its the other way around for like an M,400, or a 450. They hardly ever come up on Craigslist around here and when they do they are usually pretty expensive.

Thats very likely LTD when the 400 &450s were in common use around here the average size here were less than 240 acres. Now you not a serious farmer with less than 500 acres. along with that all the farm homes and buildings have been dozed off on those little farmsteads.. With the use of chisel plows and no till tractors are over 80 hp, so the market for those smaller tractors is for the hobby farmers(guys like me with a job in the city and a few acres to play with) collectors and the guys restoring dad, or grampa;s old tractor.

#14 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted December 17, 2012 - 09:14 AM

To add to my post above, the smaller tractors are scarce and command high prices around here. I know of an Auction House in this county that over two generations have bought up all the smaller tractors in the county. They also had an Auction House in Chariton, Ia. That's in southern Iowa in where the ground is much more hilly. And sold them in that area, Northen Missouri and even down into Arkansas. Which makes the smaller tractors hard to find around here and pricey. They are the perfect size for an acreage and When I bought my little Ford 1500(it was brought to Iowa from Miami, Ok 8 yrs before I bought it), I had to go 80 miles SE to find it in the county my dad grew up in, In fact it was 3 miles from the farm dad grew up on.

Edited by JD DANNELS, December 17, 2012 - 09:40 AM.