• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_hooligan_*

Guest_hooligan_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted February 13, 2010 - 11:36 PM

I'm going to pick up another Massey MF1650 tuesday, I couldn't turn it down it had a rear 3 point AND rear PTO. It's missing the carb, the guy robbed it for his air compressor motor, the 50 mile drive will be the shortest distance I've driven for one, and 275 is the cheapest price I've given for one. He also had some Massey decals he threw in. I'm looking for a diesel Yanmar, Kubota, Cub, or Deere, maybe even a Ford next. I WANT a diesel tractor, wanna see how long it takes me to find one haha.:D

#2 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted February 14, 2010 - 08:03 AM

I am set on getting a 1650 or a 1855, with all the pics you guys have posted of them they are really growing on me big time. Sounds like you got a great deal. I think you live in an area where there are a lot of tractors. If I would stretch my searches to 300 mile I could probably have better results looking for them but I don't want to drive that far LOL

#3 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,657 Thanks
  • 29,842 posts

Posted February 14, 2010 - 08:39 AM

Man...$275 is dirt cheap! I don't care what shape it's in, it's worth that for just the 3pt lift assembly!

#4 Guest_hooligan_*

Guest_hooligan_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted February 14, 2010 - 09:59 AM

I thought so, the guy also had a tiller for a Deere 200 series tractors, complete in great shape for 150, I just couldn't do it. The funny thing is IT is really HARD to find garden tractors around here, because people only buy lawn mowers. There's not enough snow for blades or blowers, and most that garden use cheap two wheelers. I'm just one of the few guys out there buying them up when I see them. I know most people withing 300 miles that have large collections, and ALOT of people are starting to notice/call me about GT's also. I cant seem to save money, I really see no point in it. I'm looking at a MIG welder next. I made a huge buttload last month, and I gotta spend it on stuff I want. Man, I aint got a lot of years left, why on earth wouldn't I spend and enjoy my butt off. I may get a small tractor next, but I'm really going to have to put some thought in it. I want something special and something useful