• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 JohnDeere214 OFFLINE  

JohnDeere214

• Member No: 6990
  • 57 Thanks
  • 67 posts

Posted December 14, 2012 - 02:52 PM

Last winter, found a hydraulics for 214 on CL, man had pulled it of a tractor at the scrap yard(wouldn't let him get complete tractor). Got the stuff home and found it was missing several pieces like the lift handle and mounting hardware.

Fast foward to this year, a week or so before Thanksgiving, ran across a couple of parts tractors on CL, and thought one of them had the hydraulic lift on it. Called and went an looked at them and it appeared to have the complete hydraulic system.

Pulled the hydraulics off of it this morning, and lo and behold it also had the rear lift assembly also!! Left it on the tractor for now, as I ran outta time.

Anyway, heres pics of they hydraulics after removal, far as i can tell im just missing the pulley that goes on the crankshaft as engine was already gone from tractor, so if anyone has one or can give me the pulley size maybe i can rig one up.

Posted Image

Posted Image

thanks for looking!!

#2 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,459 Thanks
  • 6,629 posts

Posted December 14, 2012 - 06:41 PM

Never saw what one of those set-ups looked like , thanks for posting it ,Al

#3 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted December 14, 2012 - 07:11 PM

I thought maybe JDparts may have some info on the part but it's NLA so no info there. I'm sure someone out there with this setup can measure there pulley for you.

#4 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,756 Thanks
  • 8,924 posts

Posted December 14, 2012 - 08:20 PM

im just missing the pulley that goes on the crankshaft as engine was already gone from tractor, so if anyone has one or can give me the pulley size maybe i can rig one up.

The pulley that mounts on the flywheel is the same diameter as the other pulley. 1:1 ratio.

#5 Kevin Vasich OFFLINE  

Kevin Vasich

• Member No: 7211
  • 87 Thanks
  • 174 posts

Posted December 14, 2012 - 08:26 PM

Hey my 78 214 has Hydraulics I got the book too. what info do you need?

#6 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • 11,756 Thanks
  • 8,924 posts

Posted December 14, 2012 - 08:28 PM

Hey my 78 214 has Hydraulics I got the book too. what info do you need?

Pulley diameter for the pulley that mounts to the flywheel, where the belts runs from there to the hydraulic pump.

#7 Kevin Vasich OFFLINE  

Kevin Vasich

• Member No: 7211
  • 87 Thanks
  • 174 posts

Posted December 14, 2012 - 08:45 PM

Just check book it's don't tell me the diameter of the pulley.

#8 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • 11,756 Thanks
  • 8,924 posts

Posted December 14, 2012 - 09:00 PM

Well, darn. But we still have to figure out how to get a new pulley mounted to that flywheel. The pulley for the hydraulic kit is special in how it attaches to the flywheel.

#9 JohnDeere214 OFFLINE  

JohnDeere214

• 57 Thanks
  • 67 posts

Posted December 15, 2012 - 02:06 PM

thanks for all the replies, started getting the tractor ready to put the hydraulics on it. Pulled the tiller off and removed the side panels.

Posted Image

Posted Image

then removed flywheel screen and I have the crank with the ID is threaded with bolt holding flywheel on.

Posted Image

Also, dug in the parts that I got last winter and got the pulley from the pump, may be able to make it work if i can find the correct length bushing to space pulley out from flywheel. Also gonna try Tractor supply and MSC to see if i can find a pulley that will work.

Posted Image

tractor model and serial number m00214x287659

engine has 2 tags first tag k321aqs spec 60318
second tag has no model number spec number 4752255 serial number 1616700491

#10 gopher OFFLINE  

gopher

• Member No: 2755
  • 569 Thanks
  • 631 posts

Posted December 17, 2012 - 07:32 PM

You could ask Kevin to snap picture of his setup if years are close so you have some idea of the setup.At any rate if you go the bushing route make sure it contacts as much of the flat surface on fly wheel as possible a pump in use can put a lot of torque on pulley if bushing to small could snap off with potently bad outcome for any body around .The further away from face of flywheel the pulley is the more force exerted against it,As with any non factory fabs be careful and safe.Do you have repower 14 in your tractor or different hood?

#11 JohnDeere214 OFFLINE  

JohnDeere214

• 57 Thanks
  • 67 posts

Posted December 18, 2012 - 07:47 AM

As far as i know its the original engine, hood was bad and picked up a 212 hood to put on it.

I got some info from another forum regarding a bushing, someone else had run into this same issue and he is using a
3/8" ID X 3/4" OD bushing approximately 1 1/4" long. thought i would order one or something and get alignment correct then possible get bushing welded to the pulley, then bolt thru both to crank..............

#12 gopher OFFLINE  

gopher

• Member No: 2755
  • 569 Thanks
  • 631 posts

Posted December 18, 2012 - 06:49 PM

Sounds like you have a plan as long as you get it centered on flywheel I don't see where you have a problem with flex on that short of bushing.If you have a Fastenal close by they can line you up with longer bolt.

#13 JohnDeere214 OFFLINE  

JohnDeere214

• 57 Thanks
  • 67 posts

Posted March 20, 2013 - 11:52 AM

Started tearing down the tractor last saturday to start the conversion.  Was looking at removing left side panel and noticed that engine mount was in bad shape.  Pulled the motor and both isolators/mounts on left side were shot....were not attached to frame at all !!!  Dont know how i missed this earlier....grrrrrrrrrrr.....   

P3160171_zps639735b2.jpg

P3160172_zps3c5fe393.jpg

P3160174_zps5f2c35ed.jpg

Had better isolators/mounts on parts tractor so ended up replacing 3 of them.  So here are the new mounts bolted to frame.

P3160176_zps93c52047.jpg

Then spent this morning removing the helper spring kit from the manual lift.  Now have run into the issue of removing the lift handle as it is rusted solid in the rockshaft.  tried heat with propane torch with no luck....soaking in PB Blaster now.........

#14 JohnDeere214 OFFLINE  

JohnDeere214

• 57 Thanks
  • 67 posts

Posted April 22, 2013 - 11:41 AM

Update: Been working on this off and on weather permitting. Got the manual lift handle broke loose with a pipe wrench and a BIG breaker bar. Got to spend all day on it Saturday and got engine re-installed, the hydraulic cylinder installed(with new hoses that I got made up.....they are a little big and one is a little long but I think they should be ok.....definitely better than the old ones LOL).

Then installed the pulley on engine and mounted pump and got belt on(thanks NAPA Auto Parts!!!!), then mounted panel with control valve. Fired it up and it worked!!! BUT.............................had a leak at one of the elbows at control valve.... :wallbanging: :wallbanging: :wallbanging:

Worked on it again this morning and almost have leak stopped but not quite, gonna have to find new elbow fitting or o-ring/seal for it.

Pictures to follow soon...................getting close to getting this bad boy ready to run the tiller......  :D

Edited by JohnDeere214, April 22, 2013 - 11:42 AM.

• twostep said thank you

#15 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,518 Thanks
  • 39,736 posts

Posted April 22, 2013 - 04:01 PM

Glad you got those mounts fixed before the engine fell out. LOL! Keep at it! You'll get it there!