• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#31 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,803 Thanks
  • 7,543 posts

Posted December 14, 2012 - 08:58 PM

His mother was the first victim. The guns were hers. He was autistic. The whole thing is very tragic.
  • tinner and LilysDad have said thanks

#32 marlboro180 OFFLINE  

marlboro180
  • Member No: 10710
  • 634 Thanks
  • 954 posts

Posted December 14, 2012 - 10:12 PM

We are sure to know in these following days more than what we want to know about this sad sorry S . O . B.

Edited by marlboro180, December 14, 2012 - 10:12 PM.

• chris m said thank you

#33 Reverend Blair OFFLINE  

Reverend Blair

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1659
  • 501 Thanks
  • 952 posts

Posted December 15, 2012 - 12:33 AM

Can't say what caused it or how it happened, because I really don't understand, but my thoughts are with the parents and families of the victims. We also have to remember the family of the perpetrator, because they are also innocents in this.
  • tinner, shorty, chris m and 1 other said thanks

#34 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted December 15, 2012 - 06:29 AM

I just don't know what to say.This whole thing is terrible.
  • chris m said thank you

#35 Farmlife OFFLINE  

Farmlife

Tractor Whisperer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 12309
  • 1,232 Thanks
  • 1,461 posts

Posted December 15, 2012 - 07:16 AM

out of all the shootings, this one has upset me the most. My heart bleeds for those famalies as I have children that age and will not even pretend to know what this may feel like for them. On a bad note to add insult to injury, this will now only fuel these ridiculous gun banners that believe guns actually kill people on their own. Making them illegal will not stop a thing, if that was how it works why are there still illegal drugs??????????????????????????
  • tinner, jpackard56, chris m and 2 others have said thanks

#36 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,803 Thanks
  • 7,543 posts

Posted December 15, 2012 - 09:22 AM

Include the Police in your prayers, they've been severely traumatized. I don't even want to imagine what the first Troopers in found.
  • jpackard56, chris m, twostep and 1 other said thanks

#37 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,650 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted December 15, 2012 - 09:30 AM

I've not posted in this thread till now, as I get angry thinking about things like this. One's 1st reaction is sadness/shock/disbelief. 2nd reaction is anger. No words can describe what those affected are going through. Your worst nightmare can't compare. Just imagine seeing this, and tears should come to your eyes. I have no answers....only questions. Sometimes I think God should call us all home & put this madness to an end. Until then, we have to do the best we can to raise our children to love, not hate/kill. May ALL those affected find some sort of calm.
  • MH81, caseguy, KennyP and 6 others have said thanks

#38 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,466 Thanks
  • 39,701 posts

Posted December 15, 2012 - 09:51 AM

I am just now coming out of shock about this. So sad! I share Daniels feelings about this. Can't say much more right now!
  • chris m said thank you

#39 chris m OFFLINE  

chris m

Tractorholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8148
  • 3,277 Thanks
  • 4,033 posts

Posted December 15, 2012 - 05:14 PM

I've not posted in this thread till now, as I get angry thinking about things like this. One's 1st reaction is sadness/shock/disbelief. 2nd reaction is anger. No words can describe what those affected are going through. Your worst nightmare can't compare. Just imagine seeing this, and tears should come to your eyes. I have no answers....only questions. Sometimes I think God should call us all home & put this madness to an end. Until then, we have to do the best we can to raise our children to love, not hate/kill. May ALL those affected find some sort of calm.

Daniel it is like you read my thoughts. Thanks for finding the strength to post this, I still can't.

#40 chris m OFFLINE  

chris m

Tractorholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8148
  • 3,277 Thanks
  • 4,033 posts

Posted December 15, 2012 - 05:17 PM

We are sure to know in these following days more than what we want to know about this sad sorry S . O . B.

They just released the names, and I just can't even click on it.
  • MH81, boyscout862 and marlboro180 have said thanks

#41 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,758 Thanks
  • 7,701 posts

Posted December 15, 2012 - 06:07 PM

I read through the list of names and it was heart breaking. Unfortunately in 10 years no one will remember teh victims names - only the perpetrator.

#42 marlboro180 OFFLINE  

marlboro180
  • Member No: 10710
  • 634 Thanks
  • 954 posts

Posted December 15, 2012 - 10:43 PM

They just released the names, and I just can't even click on it.

Me neither, I think my heart would break... Everyone, who has a child hug yer kids extra hard tonight if you can. I can, and I will for sure.

Pops, I love ya....
  • twostep said thank you

#43 LilysDad ONLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,657 Thanks
  • 7,682 posts

Posted December 16, 2012 - 08:55 AM

On a bad note to add insult to injury, this will now only fuel these ridiculous gun banners that believe guns actually kill people on their own. Making them illegal will not stop a thing.........

How many times have we heard this? There is a crime involving a firearm and right away the Antis begin chanting about gun ownership. Following this the conservative gun owners recite the Constitution and tell us that a gun laying on the table doesn't hurt anyone. And children continue to die again and again.......

I would just wish that the gun owners would become less defensive and more pro-active in helping to solve the issues. Do any of you gun owners have any useful ideas about crime? (No, school children cannot have concealed arms!)

Just so you all know, I own a gun.

#44 WNYTractorTinkerer ONLINE  

WNYTractorTinkerer

Tinker Master

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10789
  • 8,317 Thanks
  • 4,664 posts

Posted December 16, 2012 - 09:51 AM

Saw this post on FB and I have to agree with what it says..

TURN OFF THE NEWS.......

Morgan Freeman's brilliant take on what happened yesterday :

"You want to know why. This may sound cynical, but here's why.

It's because of the way the media reports it. Flip on the news and watch how we treat the Batman theater shooter and the Oregon mall shooter like celebrities. Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris are household names, but do you know the name of a single *victim* of Columbine? Disturbed
people who would otherwise just off themselves in their basements see the news and want to top it by doing something worse, and going out in a memorable way. Why a grade school? Why children? Because he'll be remembered as a horrible monster, instead of a sad nobody.

CNN's article says that if the body count "holds up", this will rank as the second deadliest shooting behind Virginia Tech, as if statistics somehow make one shooting worse than another. Then they post a video interview of third-graders for all the details of what they saw and heard while the shootings were happening. Fox News has plastered the killer's face on all their reports for hours. Any articles or news stories yet that focus on the victims and ignore the killer's identity? None that I've seen yet. Because they don't sell. So congratulations, sensationalist media, you've just lit the fire for someone to top this and knock off a day care center or a maternity ward next.

You can help by forgetting you ever read this man's name, and remembering the name of at least one victim. You can help by donating to mental health research instead of pointing to gun control as the problem. You can help by turning off the news."

• caseguy, HowardsMF155, HDWildBill and 6 others have said thanks

#45 DougT ONLINE  

DougT

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 5,731 Thanks
  • 4,287 posts

Posted December 16, 2012 - 09:55 AM

I would just wish that the gun owners would become less defensive and more pro-active in helping to solve the issues. Do any of you gun owners have any useful ideas about crime? (No, school children cannot have concealed arms!)

Just so you all know, I own a gun.

I always wonder, in times like this, what the outcome would be if the teachers were allowed to conceal carry in the classroom. We allow concealed carry here in Ohio but then make it illegal to have a gun in certain locations like a school. I've never heard anything about somebody with a legal permit going in and shooting a place up. I did hear a brief on the recent mall shooting that the perp was confonted by a person with a carry license and gun then shot himself before the guy could get a shot off. I missed the full story and it didn't seem to be widely publicized. Must not have fit the media's idea of a good story. I did read a story recently where a burglar was caught in a house by the home owner with a gun. The perp called 911 in fear of his life. I think more people carrying may make a criminal think a little more.

My heart goes out to the families involved in this senseless tragedy. There's little else I can add. I know some of you feel different but at least the taxpayers aren't going to have to keep and support this guy for the rest pf his life.
  • caseguy, jpackard56, LilysDad and 1 other said thanks