Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

School Shooting

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#16 David Brown OFFLINE  

David Brown

I said I work on them. I never said I fix them!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8570
  • 4,217 Thanks
  • 2,314 posts

Posted December 14, 2012 - 02:53 PM

It makes you wonder why God lets things like this happen.

The answer to this is simple. We don't allow God in anything anymore. If we did, things like this wouldn't happen. Why does it always seem to happen in schools? God is not allowed there. As you see Him removed from more things, this will increase. Sorry if this offends anyone but somebody has to say it! If it gets me banned, so be it!
  • Bolens 1000, mjodrey, tractorman604 and 17 others have said thanks

#17 JDGuy445 OFFLINE  

JDGuy445
  • Member No: 10419
  • 356 Thanks
  • 428 posts

Posted December 14, 2012 - 03:13 PM

Well said everyone! This is one sick sick individual. You know he is a coward when he ends up killing himself. He was too afraid of the punishment so instead took the ultimate punishment. Also, how would the gunman's family live after this? The same thing happened near here at the Nickel Mines shooting. The man was a coward but wasn't smart enough to realize it wasn't worth it. This is just ridiculous.
  • tinner, GTTinkerer and boyscout862 have said thanks

#18 daytime dave OFFLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted December 14, 2012 - 03:18 PM

My thoughts are with the victims and their families at this time.

Look at where all these shootings take place. Places where no one can defend themselves or others, schools and colleges mostly. There aren't very many in Texas.

This looks to be a very big death toll. A very unpleasant reality so close to Christmas.
  • tinner, GTTinkerer and boyscout862 have said thanks

#19 tinner OFFLINE  

tinner

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 961
  • 502 Thanks
  • 1,561 posts

Posted December 14, 2012 - 04:29 PM

The answer to this is simple. We don't allow God in anything anymore. If we did, things like this wouldn't happen. Why does it always seem to happen in schools? God is not allowed there. As you see Him removed from more things, this will increase. Sorry if this offends anyone but somebody has to say it! If it gets me banned, so be it!

Well said David and you hit the nail squarely on the head.

There aren't very many in Texas.

My granddaughter asked me not too long ago why I carry and I reminded her of these mass shootings. The only time I leave it at home is when I pick up one of my grand children at school or attend a school function. As good as our CHL laws are here that is one place left undefended except for by the teachers. Texas outlaws firearms at schools unless specific institutions allow them.
  • daytime dave, GTTinkerer, David Brown and 2 others have said thanks

#20 NJKen OFFLINE  

NJKen
  • Member No: 9515
  • 1,359 Thanks
  • 1,284 posts

Posted December 14, 2012 - 04:38 PM

Oh, don't get me started. It's a long list!

You've got that rite Rich !!

Guns don't kill people !! Idiots with mental problems do. Sad, sad world we live in reading and seeing stuff like that.
  • tinner and Team_Green have said thanks

#21 Newpaws493 OFFLINE  

Newpaws493
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9454
  • 1,150 Thanks
  • 1,691 posts

Posted December 14, 2012 - 04:57 PM

There's no day, place or reason for such acts. Horrible
  • tinner said thank you

#22 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,748 Thanks
  • 7,698 posts

Posted December 14, 2012 - 05:00 PM

After taking God out of our schools, telling two generations that they are not responsible for their actions, taking aware failure from our children and telling them they cannot loose, allowing all kinds of evil to be legislated into "acceptance", telling them that the government will take care of them, removing any meaningful punishment for crimes, and forcing morality into a dark corner people wonder why things like this shooting happen. Evil exists. There is no way around it.

Only good can combat evil. Not government, not legislation. Only good.

I hate to be a conspiracy theorist, but I honestly wonder if this rash of mass shootings has been encouraged by the gun grabbing left. Behind their facade of grief is their sheer joy at another nail on the coffin of the second amendment. Look for the next 3 months to see a repeal of it. The news is going on and on about "mentally ill" people owning firearms. According to the medical professions nearly everyone has a mental illness of some sort.

When guns are outlawed look for attacks like this to be carried out with bombs, knives, and other weapons.
  • tinner, GTTinkerer, HDWildBill and 3 others have said thanks

#23 marlboro180 OFFLINE  

marlboro180
  • Member No: 10710
  • 634 Thanks
  • 954 posts

Posted December 14, 2012 - 05:17 PM

My thoughts and prayers go out to those poor victims , their parents and loved ones. What a horrific and terrible tragedy engaged by some crazy man and his brother.

I happen to be the father of an elementary age kid, who happened to be home ill today. She sure got a lot more hugs than normal today from me. We have not had the TV on at all today, but I'm sure later on tonight we will and she will figure out something tragic happened in a school much like hers , much like all across the country . I am wondering how she ( and children across the country) will react to the news .
  • tinner, GTTinkerer, HDWildBill and 2 others have said thanks

#24 chris m OFFLINE  

chris m

Tractorholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8148
  • 3,277 Thanks
  • 4,033 posts

Posted December 14, 2012 - 05:25 PM

Well said everyone. I am just going to agree with everyone. Seeing this has me feeling sicker than I was already. To many emotions running through my head right now to even type what I feel. Sorry :(
  • tinner and boyscout862 have said thanks

#25 LTD OFFLINE  

LTD

Cub Cadet Collector

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5951
  • 1,028 Thanks
  • 1,455 posts

Posted December 14, 2012 - 05:55 PM

I agree with you 100% right there. Very well said.
  • tinner, GTTinkerer, David Brown and 1 other said thanks

#26 jpackard56 OFFLINE  

jpackard56

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7225
  • 1,768 Thanks
  • 1,407 posts

Posted December 14, 2012 - 05:56 PM

I work in education and you have stated the obvious... that we are not allowed to discuss in the staff meetings, hallways or even about town because we work at the schools. I wish somebody with power would get it right... the constitution does NOT preclude Christian beliefs or discussion in public places. It states that the government can NOT force a citizen to believe or belong to a specific religion....Remember the "melting pot", America allows ALL beliefs, it is a freedom many of us served in the military to protect....when we come home we find this PC garbage being rammed down every-bodies throat, and more innocents die because we continue to slap the hand of the crazies and criminals while not even being able to pray in public...
  • tinner, LTD, HDWildBill and 3 others have said thanks

#27 GTTinkerer OFFLINE  

GTTinkerer

GT Tinkerer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1564
  • 1,153 Thanks
  • 1,326 posts

Posted December 14, 2012 - 05:59 PM

I can't begin to imagine the reminders the parents, siblings and grandparents of the murdered kids will suffer through during just the next month. I have 13 grandkids in elementary school and four in kindergarten so this hits close to home for me. From what the news says the killers mother was the teacher for the class he wiped out along with his mother. How can anyone be this mentally challenged?
  • tinner, boyscout862 and twostep have said thanks

#28 LilysDad ONLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,629 Thanks
  • 7,671 posts

Posted December 14, 2012 - 06:00 PM

What is so wrong that a childs life has no value.

It ticks me off every time I hear about a new born that was found in a garbage can.

It makes you wonder why God lets things like this happen.

God has spent 5000 years trying to teach people right and wrong. But, no!!! We don't believe in God and we don't want to be told what to do. We want to do our own thing! The Bible doesn't apply to modern life. We want our children to decide what they want to believe.Then when life all falls apart, "Oh, Why God???"

It has been shown that the death penalty with all it's mandatory appeals is more expensive than the alternative. I would rather the perp spent a long life in solitary confinement with plenty of time to think about what he got into.
  • tinner and A.C.T. have said thanks

#29 js5020 OFFLINE  

js5020

• Member No: 7086
  • 541 Thanks
  • 677 posts

Posted December 14, 2012 - 06:03 PM

My thoughts and prayers go out to all involved in this unspeakable occurance.
  • tinner and twostep have said thanks

#30 LilysDad ONLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,629 Thanks
  • 7,671 posts

Posted December 14, 2012 - 06:06 PM

How can anyone be this mentally challenged?

Never mind that! How could he be allowed to run loose this long. Where were the parents, police, pychiatrists, et al., before today?
  • tinner and twostep have said thanks