Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

What Is This? Whats It Connect To? I Want One!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Firedog3771 OFFLINE  

Firedog3771
  • Member No: 17852
  • 14 Thanks
  • 21 posts

Posted December 13, 2012 - 07:51 AM

What is the silver ( stainless prob) rod on the top of the tiller housing, it attaches with a removable pin. the rod runs beside the right side of the drive housing. what dose it connect to?

Attached Thumbnails

• tillerhook up.jpg

#2 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,662 Thanks
  • 6,480 posts

Posted December 13, 2012 - 07:58 AM

Not sure what you are asking about. That cable is the lift for whole 3pt?? Kinda like a flexible Top Link? Zat what you mean? What brand tractor is this in green?

#3 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted December 13, 2012 - 08:06 AM

Not sure what you are asking about. That cable is the lift for whole 3pt?? Kinda like a flexible Top Link? Zat what you mean? What brand tractor is this in green?

I'm guessing that's what he means.

#4 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,753 Thanks
  • 8,922 posts

Posted December 13, 2012 - 08:06 AM

I think someone made themselves a home-made connection to the rock shaft.

#5 OldBuzzard ONLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,488 Thanks
  • 4,634 posts

Posted December 13, 2012 - 08:32 AM

FD, is this a pic of your tractor or one you found on the net? That rear end doesn't look anything like the rear of the tractor that you posted earlier.

This one has the mounting tabs for the tiller coming off of the frame, while the first one had the mounting tabs in the axle.

That "silver rod" is not a rod, that's a WIRE CABLE, and it would be connected to the tractor's rock shaft for raising and lowering the tiller.

ETA:

I looked through some of the manuals I have and some in the manuals section, and I think that the tractor in this thread is one of the 5000 series. That rear end doesn't look anything like the rear end of the Q-Series.

The mounting for this tiller mounts with a pin through a single tab coming from the tractor's frame. The Q-Series tiller would 'hang' on a pin that goes between TWO cast tabs that are a part of the transaxle housing.

Edited by OldBuzzard, December 13, 2012 - 08:59 AM.

#6 HankS OFFLINE  

HankS

• Contributor
  • Member No: 7608
  • 48 Thanks
  • 107 posts

Posted December 13, 2012 - 03:40 PM

I have a model 1659, looks like the same Bolens rear end. Connection to rock shaft is above and on the right of the rear end on mine so I'd also say that's where that cable goes too.

#7 velle01 OFFLINE  

velle01
  • Member No: 16329
  • 11 Thanks
  • 20 posts

Posted December 14, 2012 - 07:06 PM

That is a Bolens Duratrac. It is a clevis pin on the end of a cable. It is OEM. I am guessing the engineers never thought anyone would want a rear attachment with thier Duratracs (GT2000), and GTX's. There are three different sets of brackets that they deveoloped for attachments. The 3pt hitch brackets are different from the tiller brackets, different from the rear weight bracket.

#8 Firedog3771 OFFLINE  

Firedog3771
  • Member No: 17852
  • 14 Thanks
  • 21 posts

Posted December 15, 2012 - 11:18 PM

The pic with the Tiller is a pic I found on the web. I mistakenly thought it was a QT19 like mine, But alas you all proved me wrong. Thats why I joined here, to help me learn. I hope to make a 3pt hitch for my QT1900 at some pt.

#9 OldBuzzard ONLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,488 Thanks
  • 4,634 posts

Posted December 16, 2012 - 04:09 AM

FD, if I had your tractor and I wanted a 3-pt hitch, the first thing I'd try is the #19200 3-pt that was made for the rest of the Q-Series.

I know that the Attachment Guide 'says' that it's not for the 1900, BUT, Bolens has been known to make mistakes in their literature.

Even if if doesn't quite fit, it probably wouldn't take much to make it work.

Try sending a PM to bhts and see if he has a 3-pt for the Q-Series? Rick Show, rlshow4(at)comcast.net might have one as well.

Bob and Rick have a lot of 'Bolens Goodies" and might be able to help you out. I've dealt, and visited, with both of them and they are good people to do business with.

Edited by OldBuzzard, December 16, 2012 - 04:12 AM.