It looked simple to open, seeing as the T66X is out & waiting on a seal kit. I did have to remove the hydro reservoir, but that was just 2 bolts.
I thought I'd post some pictures so others can see what they are getting into. It was fairly easy to do. All told, it took about 4 hours.
1. Measure your end play so you know how thick a shim you need.
2. Drain the fluid and remove the back cover (#30) being careful not to tear the gasket (#29).
3. Remove the nut that secures the output pulley (1 1/8" on mine), and then it's key (#13), and then the spacer (#6).
4. Slide the driven shaft (#3) a couple of inches to the left. You will see a second key (#13) inside the BGB. Remove it and continue sliding the driven shaft out the left side of the BGB.
5. Remove the driven gear (#11).
6. Install shim.
7. Resemble & fill with 80w90 gear oil. How much oil? Until it stays in the fill tube.
(I'm not sure what is happening to this picture. The file size & quality keeps changing when I save the post. Sorry.)
Here is the new diagram, as MH81 suggested.
Edited by New.Canadian.DB.Owner, December 13, 2012 - 10:45 AM.