#2 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted December 11, 2012 - 10:22 AM

What kind of answers are you looking for ? In other words,are the questions ?

#3 WNYTractorTinkerer ONLINE  

WNYTractorTinkerer

Tinker Master

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10789
  • 8,317 Thanks
  • 4,664 posts

Posted December 11, 2012 - 10:25 AM

Winning Lottery numbers?? :D :rolling:

Seems you have asked some stumpers and not a lot of folks have expertise in your desired areas.. I don't know lots about Speedex steering wheel dimensions so hopefully someone else can pop in and help you there. The best way to get folk's attention is to 'Bump" the thread up a few times as many members (including myself) keep an eye on new content.. Try replying to your own thread and ask if anyone can help.. Posting a new thread confuses folks as to what information you really want..

The squeaky wheel gets the grease you know.. Good Luck!

Edited by WNYTractorTinkerer, December 11, 2012 - 10:34 AM.

#4 HDWildBill ONLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,710 Thanks
  • 8,563 posts

Posted December 11, 2012 - 10:29 AM

Sorry you didn't get an answer to your question. Not having the question to use a reference I can't comment on why you didn't get some kind of a reply.

#5 LTD OFFLINE  

LTD

Cub Cadet Collector

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5951
  • 1,028 Thanks
  • 1,455 posts

Posted December 11, 2012 - 11:10 AM

I try to help whenever its something I know at least a little bit about,but you ask some tough questions man. I have taken a look at some of your questions and you stump me on every one. LOL.

#6 robert_p43 OFFLINE  

robert_p43
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 11040
  • 572 Thanks
  • 534 posts

Posted December 11, 2012 - 12:39 PM

I am sorry that I am no help either. About all I know about Speedex tractors is I really think they look good.
I am working on my first GT. A 67 Sears Suburban and I haven't got it running yet. I will though and have found some help here.
There are a lot of members here, and it may not be true here, but and this is something that I have discovered in internet forums and I am guilty myself in the bee forums. First starting out, I was in the bee forums every day, asking questions, then eventually being able to share my own experiences with honey bees. After awhile, I find myself there in the springtime, when there are a lot of newbies and a lot of new activity in the hives. This past spring, I had no questions but was there to answer a lot. I haven't been to a bee forum for a couple of months now but I am sure I will be as springtime approaches. I am sure quite a few people here have tractors like yours, They may just not be stopping in quite as often as we would like. Please don't give up hope of finding the answers.

#7 HowardsMF155 OFFLINE  

HowardsMF155

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4243
  • 2,699 Thanks
  • 2,916 posts

Posted December 11, 2012 - 01:03 PM

Speedyx,I'm sorry you haven't been able to find the answers you need. I do hope we remembered our manners enough to say "Welcome to GTTalk" when you first got here.

#8 nra1ifer OFFLINE  

nra1ifer

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 383
  • 669 Thanks
  • 1,530 posts

Posted December 11, 2012 - 02:30 PM

The only thing I can offer is experience I've had with my 1631, which is the first Speedex I had ever heard of up until I found mine on a local CL ad.

However, from an earlier reply I made in http://gardentractor...35-speedex-m23/, I'm hoping that Mike Hamper could give you some answers or guide you to people who would know more about Speedex.

#9 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,699 Thanks
  • 17,207 posts

Posted December 11, 2012 - 02:40 PM

Sorry that you are not getting answers to your questions.
Information is scarce on these tractors, and has been ever since I can remember. When I had my S19 years ago I couldnt find much info on it either :(
Hopefully someone comes along who will be able to answer the questions you have.

#10 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,661 Thanks
  • 6,475 posts

Posted December 11, 2012 - 05:30 PM

Well, just the wrong brand I guess! I had to work for info on mine also. Join all the speedex forums on web. Not much traffic on any of them, yet once in awhile something came thru. Mike Hamper as noted above helps on decals and trinket items and has leads to others. A fella going by "Strongland" on the Strongland tractor forums was big help on mine. Strongland was sort of a re-do of Speedex's remains, but all were hydros. They didn't last more than 5 yrs or so, but was in 90's. Big tractor shows and swap meets are the best way to get parts, and even then not the most popular. Usually go cheap for whole tractors. Portland, IN show in August always has some and parts. There is some big Speedex show each year in W.Ohio that is good for these. One of the sites should have that info and date listed.

#11 speedyx OFFLINE  

speedyx
  • Member No: 14199
  • 8 Thanks
  • 43 posts

Posted December 11, 2012 - 06:52 PM

Thanks guys I love you all and Happy Holidays